Adventures in Babysitting By Sammy

Old December 7th 03, 11:42 PM
Steve Touchstone

Default Adventures in Babysitting By Sammy

We had a sort of strange day around the Touchstone house today. The
nice lady upstairs came by yesterday and asked our hoomin if she could
leave her new baby here today while she was at that strange place
hoomins call "work". The hoomin asked about the baby, and she said it
was a 5 week old datsun.

She's a nice enough lady, she comes down and visits, gives pretty good
scritches and plays with me and Rocky. Heck, she even bought me a new
feather wand because the elastic on the old one is all streched out
and our hoomin was too cheap to buy a new one.

I figured whoever told her this thing was a datsun pulled one over on
her. I thought all datsuns were cars, after all I watch the ads on the
TV. When she showed up this morning all she had was some clumsy little
thing with big ears. This thing looks sort of like a big eared
squirrel without the bushy tail.

Momma Little Bit took one look and hissed "D*G!!!" and took off for
the bedroom. I know Momma knows lots of stuff I don't, after all, as
shes oh so fond of reminding me, she used to live on the roughs
streets - but I wasn't so sure she was right this time. I figured she
was wrong this time, as this thing didn't look anything like the d*gs
that live on the other side of the fence.

Anyway, Steve broke out our collars and said something about going
outside and playing on "neutral ground". I still don't know what
neutral ground is, but as long as he was getting out our collars I
figured it was okay. So we went out and played for awhile. It was
pretty hard trying to play with the datsun, she's slow, seems to fall
every time she turns, and can't jump worth squat.

Rocky was out there and he said it wasn't a datsun, it was something
called a weiner puppy. Rocky didn't seem to mind it and even sniffed
noses with it. But when it tried to lick his nose, Rocky came up on
the patio. The clumsy little puppy couldn't follow as it can't enough
jump up the little six inch step.

Momma finally came out, and I told her it wasn't a datsun, OR a d*g.
Rocky said it was a puppy. She just called me a dummy and said that a
puppy IS a d*g, just a baby one.

So I've kept a close eye on it all day. I didn't play with it much,
since wasn't much fun, as clumsy as it is. I did go up and take a
couple sniffs after we all came inside and it was asleep. Rocky came
in, but he ignored it, except that after he was finished eating he
jumped up in a chair for his nap instead of sleeping on the floor like
usual. Momma stayed as far way as she could get while still keeping it
in sight.

Anyway, this has been a pretty eventful day, and I've learned a bunch
of stuff. First off, not all datsuns are cars, some are something
called weiner d*gs. Puppys are baby d*gs. Puppys will play with your
toys, but they drool, and get them all wet. Puppy food is GOOD, but if
your hoomin sees you eating it he'll tell you to stop - so wait til he
goes in the other room to chow down. Puppys will try to eat the
regular food we superior cats eat, but luckily the hoomin won't let
them. Puppys, at least this one, whines whenever the hoomin leaves the
room. And, finally, puppys have three speeds: If they're not running
around as fast as their little stumpy legs go, drooling on all your
toys, and trying to chew on everything, they're whining because the
hoomin is out of the room, or they're asleep.

Our hoomin has agreed to watch the little monster on occasion. If
Momma is right, and puppys are baby d*gs, I guess it will grow and
maybe someday be worth playing with - though you sure couldn't prove
it by this one's peformance today. I guess I'll be seeing more of it,
and will report any new developments.

Bye for now,

Sammy

--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old December 8th 03, 04:18 AM
Marina

"Steve Touchstone" wrote
snip

Our hoomin has agreed to watch the little monster on occasion. If
Momma is right, and puppys are baby d*gs, I guess it will grow and
maybe someday be worth playing with - though you sure couldn't prove
it by this one's peformance today. I guess I'll be seeing more of it,
and will report any new developments.

Thank you for a lovely story, Sammy. So nice to hear about your new friend.

--
Marina
Old December 8th 03, 09:33 PM
polonca12000

Great story! Thanks.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

snip Our hoomin has agreed to watch the little monster on occasion. If