OT - like the real baddies will be answering truthfully... not!

Old March 26th 04, 12:57 AM

O J wrote:

My personl favorite is on the sunscreen for my truck. I says,
"Do not operate vehicle with sunscreen in place."

Yeah, I love that one, too. I have one of those!

Joyce
Old March 26th 04, 09:30 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Dell's WMD question is more like the questions they ask at the airport
when you're checking your bags. I don't see how those questions protect
the airline from lawsuits. I don't see how they protect anyone from
anything.

Joyce

Yesterday afternoon, Vernon had another brainfart and we went into Norwich
where he purchased himself a brand new lap top... As we were about to pay, I
said to the guy, "Aren't you going to ask any security questions, then?" He
looked puzzled so I told him of my adventures buying from Dell. He then fell
about laughing ;-)

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old March 26th 04, 11:32 AM
Adrian

badwilson wrote:
dsh-diva wrote in message
s.com...

On a related note, a friend of mine was stopped by a state trooper on
95 between Baltimore and Philadelphia and he actually asked her if
she had any weapons or any drugs or any anthrax in the car. Don't
you feel safer just knowing the state police are on the case? She
was headed to a landscape design class, you know the terrorist group?

I always do my weekly food shopping in Pattaya, a really sleazy
tourist town here in Thailand. But it's where the good stores are.
Anyway, there is a big Marriott hotel and attached to it is a mall
with underground parking. Ever since the Bali bombings, they walk
around your car with a mirror on a stick before you can enter the
underground parking. Probably because the Marriott is American and
they are worried about terrorism. But I have never actually seen the
guy look at the mirror as he walked around my car, he's always
checking out the chicks walking by. Then you have to open your trunk
and he looks inside. But I have a styrofoam cooler in there and they
never open that! I mean if I had a bomb in my trunk, I'd surely hide
it a bit (such as in the cooler) instead of having it lying around
openly in the trunk! I guess I wouldn't feel so put out by these
security measures if I actually felt as thought they were helping at
all.

In my experience, places where security is importent, i.e. military
establishments, have far worse security than a local supermarket.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy, Milo & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old March 27th 04, 02:28 AM
badwilson

"Adrian" wrote in message
badwilson wrote:
dsh-diva wrote in message
[...]

For sure! Don't even get me started on the big, huge, gigantic military
base that's 10 km away from here. There is much US military activity going
on, as well as Thai, as well as the annual US/Thai training session called
Cobra Gold. Well, at this base the security is a total joke, even now in
scary times. When Dennis used to go in at 5 am for work, they would often
have to honk the horn to wake the security guard up and sometimes they would
decide to let him sleep and just drove around the gate! Then, once a year
they also have Family Day and all gates are wide open, no security at all
and everyone just drives right on in and parks wherever they want and
watches the planes and helicopters fly around. LOL! That would never
happen back home...
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's covered