Strange story...opinions please

Old January 26th 04, 06:40 PM
GovtLawyer

He said that he tried to call me on Saturday but got
my machine, but then the weekend got away from him and by Monday he

I'm following this on the other boards and have responded to them as well.
Another thing just got me. This guy is lying through his teeth. He got your
machine?????? Where is your message,"hello, this is the vet, your kitty may be
getting better, so this is what I did, please contact me on Monday?"
Old January 26th 04, 07:33 PM
Christine

WoW what a sad story with a ( maybe ) happy ending....

I kinda believe the vet...heres why:
I cant figure any reason why he would lie.
I think ( if he is telling the truth)...that he plum forgot to call
you...after he handed the cat over to the irresponsible tech, =91=91my
vet gives his tech responsibilty like shes a vet=92=92 i think that is
wrong!!! but...maybe he thought abby would be safe and warm in her
home...plus he may have been really busy and forgot to check up on abby
and forgot to call you...
and that is NOT very professional for a vet. and no excuse!!! but i do
kinda believe him!...hes just not admitting that he forgot about it!

The Tech needs fired on the spot if not sued!

I know a vet who wont hesitate to put a healthy animal down...maybe this
vet really does think of the animal...

I am just hoping and praying that abby is Ok.....WoW, if she is ok, this
sure is a great story.....

let us know.....

Old January 26th 04, 11:24 PM
Cat Protector

How can you possibly believe a vet who probably misdiagnosed the cat's
condition and health, then puts the feline's humans through hell where
suddenly the cat ends up at the Humane Society. Luckily, the shelter
contacted the cats humans because of a microchip scan so and they could
discover what really happened. The original OP stated that they confronted
the vet who seem to not be too happy and nervous to see them. Apparently the
vet felt his part in the crime was exposed. I don't find your theory of
belief plausable. No vet I know would allow any animal brought in there by
the obvious human parents to be taken home by one of the workers. The OP
stated that because of the diagnosis and symptoms euthanasia was chosen to
allow the cat to go painlessly. I agree that nobody should sign for an
animal to be put to sleep without being there with them. Of course,
according to the OP, this vet most likely misdiagnosed the entire thing,
misled the cat's humans and thus the cat ended up in the hands of a stranger
and then the shelter.

It seems to me a vet with a good rep would have informed the cat was savable
and could be cured. Instead this vet simply took the cat and gave her to
someone else. You state the tech should be fired? The vet is responsible for
this blunder and I hope he is sued and his license to practice revoked. It
was a good thing the shelter called the cat's humans or they never would
have known she was alive and well. Who knows how many other animals this vet
has put in the same situation? This vet's actions are inexcusable.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Christine" wrote in message
WoW what a sad story with a ( maybe ) happy ending....

I kinda believe the vet...heres why:
I cant figure any reason why he would lie.
I think ( if he is telling the truth)...that he plum forgot to call
you...after he handed the cat over to the irresponsible tech, ''my
vet gives his tech responsibilty like shes a vet'' i think that is

Old January 27th 04, 01:38 AM
AJ

Darnit, I read some of these messages after I returned from the vet. I
did'nt have anyone there with me.
One of the hardest things about this is I feel totally betrayed by a
man I really liked, and trusted. He had always been good to my pets
and had taken great care of them. How could he even have thought about
facing me again?
And beleive it or not I feel sorry for him. I do believe he only
wanted to save my cat, but he made some bad choices thats for sure.
This is going to be a tough call for me to make. I consider myself to
be an extremely compassionate person, and I am always willing to give
others the benefit of the doubt, but this was just beyond cruel. My
eyes are puffy and red from crying so much for days, and all I can do
is stare at the walls and go through the motions during the day. I am
completely numb.....I am trying to feel grateful that I have Abby
back, but am scared to get my hopes up for fear of having to face her
death again. I cant help but wonder how many others he has done this
too.

Amy

Old January 27th 04, 05:25 AM
Cat Protector

Well right now you have to have the courage to go after this this guy
legally. If you don't do anything now this vet will most likely do this to
other people and their cats. What he did was cruel. A good vet would have
told you there was hope of recovery and would have set things in motion for
that. Now get a lawyer and take Abby to a new vet for a diagnosis. You might
also consider a holistic vet.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
om...

Old January 27th 04, 11:26 PM
AJ

"Cat Protector" wrote in message news:wDmRb.374$L_4.51@okepread01...
Well right now you have to have the courage to go after this this guy
legally. If you don't do anything now this vet will most likely do this to
other people and their cats. What he did was cruel. A good vet would have
told you there was hope of recovery and would have set things in motion for
that. Now get a lawyer and take Abby to a new vet for a diagnosis. You might
also consider a holistic vet.

Abby went to a new vet today. All the tests wont be in until Monday,
she offered to keep her there but I decided against it! It all felt so
surreal, like I was watching a movie. She is eating well, and
hopefully will start putting on some weight.

Amy