OT - vacuum cleaner recommendation for 4 cat house

Old March 23rd 04, 03:12 AM
JoJo

I have had rotten luck with Hoovers in the past, every single one of them
has gone out in the trash. I even had one that I spent almost $200 on, it
died within a year (of course the warranty was already up). After that I
bought the cheap Hoovers, same situation.

Finally I bought myself the Eureka Boss - $79 and two years later, they
still work. I found the Eureka Whirlwind on sale at Sam's club for about
$100 - it's bagless, I absolutely love it. Had it for roughly a year, no
problems. And I love the fact I can just empty the cup into the garbage, no
more pain in the butt bags.

I have lots of critters in the house, and I need a durable vaccum. So far
I have no complaints over Eureka products.

Also - if you need a carpet cleaner for spot cleaning (cat puke for
example), the Bissell Little Green is great! It's been a lifesaver for me.

JoJo
http://home.comcast.net/~zookeepr/fosters.html

"Debra Berry" wrote in message

Hi everyone,

I have an old vacuum cleaner that is on its last legs.
I also have 4 cats and definitely NEED a good vacuum cleaner.
Since most of the people in this group have similar needs,
I wonder if anyone has a recommendation.

Up to $200 is ok for cost, with a carpet "beater", relatively
quiet and lightweight (I have stairs to drag it up), a handtool
accessory would be nice. Do the hepa-filter vacuums
do a better job on cat hair, dust, and dander? How often does
the filter need to be replaced?

Two that I was looking at at Target this past weekend:

Eureka WhirlWind LiteSpeed Vacuum - bagless, HEPA filter
Dirt Devil Vision Featherlite Bagless Vacuum MO86520 - HEPA type filter

The benefit of your experience is greatly appreciated.

Debbie Berry

Old March 23rd 04, 03:20 AM
Victor Martinez

We have a Eureka whirlwind bagless and we love it. Every time we vacuum
the house, we have to empty the canister 2 or 3 times because it gets
full of cat hair! We have 7 cats, so we probably should vacuum more
often than once a week, but we just don't have the discipline.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 23rd 04, 01:29 PM
Victor Martinez

Yoj wrote:
Is your Eureka very noisy?

I have the same vacuum, so I'll answer. It's not too noisy. Our cats
don't mind the vacuum that much anyway, sometimes they chase it....

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 23rd 04, 03:17 PM
Steve G

"JP Hobbs" jphobbsREMOVE THIS @dodo.com.au wrote in message ...
Like your reason for buying Steve, I might say,......just like a man,

Well, the appliance needs to look funky - I mean, it's not as if I
ever actually use it.

Covered in 1" of cat hair,
Steve.
Old March 23rd 04, 06:58 PM
Yoj

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Yoj wrote:
Is your Eureka very noisy?

I have the same vacuum, so I'll answer. It's not too noisy. Our cats
don't mind the vacuum that much anyway, sometimes they chase it....

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he
Email me he

Thanks, Victor. Maybe I'll get one. I really hate using my perfectly
good Hoover because it's so loud it actually hurts my ears.

Joy

Old March 23rd 04, 07:36 PM
Bob M

Victor Martinez wrote:

We have a Eureka whirlwind bagless and we love it. Every time we vacuum
the house, we have to empty the canister 2 or 3 times because it gets
full of cat hair! We have 7 cats, so we probably should vacuum more
often than once a week, but we just don't have the discipline.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he
Email me he

This is what I have too. It's a great vacuum and you can get one at Wal
Mart or Target for under $100. At least in my area you can. It amazes me
how much cat hair the thing will pick up. And it's not that heavy
either.

Bob
Old March 24th 04, 12:47 AM
JP Hobbs

Steve G wrote in message
om...
"JP Hobbs" jphobbsREMOVE THIS @dodo.com.au wrote in message

Like your reason for buying Steve, I might say,......just like a man,

Well, the appliance needs to look funky - I mean, it's not as if I
ever actually use it.

Covered in 1" of cat hair,
Steve.

Like I said Steve, just like a man LOL Jean

Old March 24th 04, 01:58 AM
JoJo

Ditto on the Eureka whirlwind, or any Eureka (I have "the boss" too) - I
have 10 critters running around the house, need a vacuum that can handle the
volume of hair.

Never had luck w/Hoovers - at that time I had 7 critters, every single one
of them broke right after warranty. One even cost me close to $200, what a
waste of money!

But I love my Eurekas. And the Whirlwind is lightweight.