OT - like the real baddies will be answering truthfully... not!

Old March 24th 04, 09:32 PM
John Biltz

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 13:09:37 -0800, dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers
wrote
(in article ):

On a related note, a friend of mine was stopped by a state trooper on
95 between Baltimore and Philadelphia and he actually asked her if she
had any weapons or any drugs or any anthrax in the car. Don't you
feel safer just knowing the state police are on the case? She was
headed to a landscape design class, you know the terrorist group?

And what's the betting that if she'd said something about a real terrorist
not
being likely to say "yes" she may have found herself detained ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Low to none. Although it sure would not help with the ticket.

Old March 24th 04, 10:12 PM
Sherry

And what's the betting that if she'd said something about a real terrorist
not
being likely to say "yes" she may have found herself detained ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Oh, without a doubt. You don't even joke about stuff like that....I knew a
photographer (about 20 at the time; pretty goofy big old kid really). Anyway,
he had a photo op when the President (Ford) came to town. The secret service
was searching his camera bag, he said, "Hey, it's a good thing I took those
plastic explosives out." He was promptly arrested. The publisher had to bail
him out to get the pics for that day's issue.

Sherry
Old March 25th 04, 12:30 AM
jmcquown

Got to love the business of taking security of the nation seriously
;-)

I've just ordered online from Dell....

Whilst completing the ordering information, it is pointed out that
Dell is an American company, so several questions need to be asked
before the order can be completed.

I have to state whether I am the end user of the product
I have to state if I'm using the computer for business, civilian or
governmental work
Then if I'm exporting the machine to another country ... first on the
list being Afghanistan

And last but best of all...

"Q4. Will the product(s) be used in connection with weapons of mass
destruction, i.e. nuclear applications, missile technology, or
chemical or biological weapons purposes? "

Like a real terrorist is going to be answering truthfully ;-) I just
fell about laughing!

Cheers, helen s

Ha! Well, it reminds me of something we were given at work a few years ago.
"Bomb Threat Checklist". If someone calls in a bomb threat to our company,
we are supposed to ask a list of questions including "What is your name?"
"Where is the bomb?" "What kind of bomb is it?" and fill out check boxes
describing how their voice sounded (i.e. foreign, muffled, disguised), stuff
like that. Then we are to call a specific person in the company and read
them the information from the checklist before they can call the police/bomb
squad. Yeah, right.

Jill

Old March 25th 04, 01:19 AM
Victor Martinez

Like a real terrorist is going to be answering truthfully ;-) I just fell about
laughing!

From the US visa application form:

Do you seek to enter the United States to engage in export control
violations, subversive or terrorist activities, or any other unlawful
purpose? Are you a member or representative of a terrorist organization
as currently designated by the U.S. Secretary of State? Have you ever
participated in persecutions directed by the Nazi government of Germany;
or have you ever participated in genocide?

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 25th 04, 02:35 AM
Christine Burel

DH and I laughed over this one! Thanks!
Christine
"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...

Got to love the business of taking security of the nation seriously ;-)

As my husband's computer decided to commit suicide the other day by

indulging
in a spot of technological spontaneous combustion, a new desktop was

required.

[...]

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Old March 25th 04, 02:46 AM
Takayuki

dsh-diva wrote:

On a related note, a friend of mine was stopped by a state trooper on
95 between Baltimore and Philadelphia and he actually asked her if she
had any weapons or any drugs or any anthrax in the car. Don't you
feel safer just knowing the state police are on the case? She was
headed to a landscape design class, you know the terrorist group?

I remember hearing on a TV show that officers sometimes do this in
order to gauge the nervousness of a suspect. They ask if you're
carrying any tanks, missiles, dead bodies, etc. An innocent person
would laugh, because the list is so ridiculous. A guilty person
wouldn't crack a smile, and would say, no sir, I'm not carrying any of
those things. That's the theory anyway.

Old March 25th 04, 03:10 AM
Yoj

"Takayuki" wrote in message
dsh-diva wrote:

On a related note, a friend of mine was stopped by a state trooper on
95 between Baltimore and Philadelphia and he actually asked her if

she
had any weapons or any drugs or any anthrax in the car. Don't you
feel safer just knowing the state police are on the case? She was
headed to a landscape design class, you know the terrorist group?

I remember hearing on a TV show that officers sometimes do this in
order to gauge the nervousness of a suspect. They ask if you're
carrying any tanks, missiles, dead bodies, etc. An innocent person
would laugh, because the list is so ridiculous. A guilty person
wouldn't crack a smile, and would say, no sir, I'm not carrying any of
those things. That's the theory anyway.

That sort of makes sense. OTOH, there's such a thing as "white coat
syndrome", which causes a person's pulse to race and their blood
pressure to rise when a nurse or doctor walks into the room. I'm sure
there's something similar with regard to being stopped by the police. I
know that whenever I'm driving and I see a police car, I take my foot
off the gas, then look at the speedometer. ;-)

Joy

Old March 25th 04, 03:51 AM
John F. Eldredge

--