Really, Really Good News

Old August 3rd 05, 11:44 PM

Default Really, Really Good News

In my haste, I posted this first to the wrong group. Oh, well.

If anybody ever doubts the collective power of the purr, just keep
reading.
Do you remember the Stripey Kitten's picture that I posted yesterday,
with the big sore in its head? We went at 1 p.m. to the vet, was
diagnosed as an injury, not ringworm. So I got his snap test, worming,
1st kitten shots and went straight to the shelter with him.
When we got there, there was a woman from a neighboring town with no
shelter, looking for a cat marked like her RB cat. Stripey Kitten was
*exactly* the coat pattern she was looking for. She paid out, asked us
to babysit while she went to Wal Mart for "cat things." She came back
with a carload of toys, a bed, a scratching post, canned food, litter.
She was unconcerned that the kitten looked so scraggly and understood
that he'll be a whole different looking cat once he gets fed regular.
It's a really good forever home. I know it.
The bad news is, Angel isn't adjusting very well. She can't be let out
of the cage because she acts so ugly to the other kittens. It just
broke my heart to see her in that cage. The shelter manager said
they'll give her some time out of the cage by putting the other kittens

up for a while. And give her another chance to integrate in a few days.

The other kitten is doing good. Another kitten came in that next day
that was marked just like her. The volunteers say they people think
they are littermates because they are best buds and sleep together.
So it's one down, and two to go. :-)

Sherry

Old August 4th 05, 12:30 AM
Jo Firey

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Sometimes you just feel when its right. He didn't even hang around long
enough to get much of a nickname.

Jo

Old August 4th 05, 01:46 AM
Susan M

wrote in message
oups.com...
In my haste, I posted this first to the wrong group. Oh, well.

If anybody ever doubts the collective power of the purr, just keep
reading.
Do you remember the Stripey Kitten's picture that I posted yesterday,
with the big sore in its head? We went at 1 p.m. to the vet, was
diagnosed as an injury, not ringworm. So I got his snap test, worming,
1st kitten shots and went straight to the shelter with him.
When we got there, there was a woman from a neighboring town with no
shelter, looking for a cat marked like her RB cat. Stripey Kitten was
*exactly* the coat pattern she was looking for. She paid out, asked us
to babysit while she went to Wal Mart for "cat things." She came back
with a carload of toys, a bed, a scratching post, canned food, litter.

Excellent news!!!

The bad news is, Angel isn't adjusting very well. She can't be let out
of the cage because she acts so ugly to the other kittens. It just
broke my heart to see her in that cage. The shelter manager said
they'll give her some time out of the cage by putting the other kittens

Purrs that she gets happier there and integrates ASAP.

The other kitten is doing good. Another kitten came in that next day
that was marked just like her. The volunteers say they people think
they are littermates because they are best buds and sleep together.
So it's one down, and two to go. :-)

Are you talking about the other kitten that you had thought was sick but is
not? Is she at the shelter now too? Somehow I thought she was at your
place so I could see more pictures of her as she grows. I think she's
ridiculously adorable :-)

Thank you for taking care of all of these kitties.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old August 4th 05, 01:56 AM
Karen

in article ,
at wrote on 8/3/05 5:44 PM:

[...]

Wow!!! Stripey kitten was definitley kismet!! That's terrific. I'm sure
Angel will adjust and she's so cute I'm sure she'll get a good home. I hope
the other orphan gets a home with her new friend. Keep us posted!

Old August 4th 05, 02:30 AM

Susan M wrote:
Are you talking about the other kitten that you had thought was sick but is
not? Is she at the shelter now too? Somehow I thought she was at your
place so I could see more pictures of her as she grows. I think she's
ridiculously adorable :-)

Thank you for taking care of all of these kitties.

Susan M

Yeah, normally I would have kept her until she got her 2nd kitten
boosters, 3 weeks from now. But Yoda (my old cat) is getting way too
stressed from all the kittens coming thru. He has started chewing the
inside of his front leg raw. I'm pretty sure that's why he's doing it,
so I needed to get them out of here ASAP.

Sherry

Old August 4th 05, 05:55 AM
Susan M

wrote in message
oups.com...
Yeah, normally I would have kept her until she got her 2nd kitten
boosters, 3 weeks from now. But Yoda (my old cat) is getting way too
stressed from all the kittens coming thru. He has started chewing the
inside of his front leg raw. I'm pretty sure that's why he's doing it,
so I needed to get them out of here ASAP.

Awww - purr for Yoda to calm down. I'm sure your kitten will wind her way
around somebody's finger soon. I'd love to hear an update for her, if you
find out what happens to her? I don't know why she's really wormed her way
into my heart - maybe its because she looks as ridiculous as Otis did when
he was a kitten.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...4618OWNtVwYIRb and
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...5189DyzfITYCOg . I think
its the ears.

I can't have more though since my soon to be 5 yo has developed a cat
allergy. Two is too many for him .. or I'd be trying to figure out a cross
border adoption!

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old August 4th 05, 06:04 AM

Susan M wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Aww. Thanks. I will be going to the shelter 3 times a week for the next
3 weeks, I am filling in for someone and collecing mail/doing payroll
and paying bills. So I'll see her plenty.
Otis was such a cute baby. I laughed when I saw the heading "Baby
Otis". That's what we used to call Yoda. We called him Otis sometimes
because he would sleep in his carrier with the door open like the town
drunk Otis on Andy Griffith.

Sherry

Old August 4th 05, 12:34 PM
Adrian

[...]

That's wonderful news! Thanks for the update.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old August 4th 05, 12:45 PM
badwilson

That's so awesome, so happy to hear that!
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown