Good news, bad news, and kittens update

Old June 19th 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Good news, bad news, and kittens update

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 23:39:53 -0500, "cybercat"
wrote:

"Joy" wrote in message
y.net...
I'm so glad Snowball came home!

I'm sorry about Spooky. Purrs that he comes back to you. Please ignore
the
troll I just plonked.

So, to suggest that Ted should have kept an old, ill cat inside where he is
safe is to be a troll?

Idiot.

Well, you don't read very well, or don't pay attention: he was keeping
himself inside - he stayed inside until he felt it was his time; until
he *wanted* to go outside.

--
T.E.D. )
Old June 19th 06, 02:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 23:38:43 -0500, "cybercat"
wrote:

"Abraham Lincoln" wrote in message
Ted Davis wrote:

The bad news: Spooky did *not* come home today. He went out yesterday
during a break in the rain - that surprised me because he never goes
out when it's wet, in fact, he hadn't been out at all in the last few
weeks. I posted back in March that he was getting old, and he's been
deteriorating rapidly lately. I think he went outside to find a place
to be alone to die in peace. I will be very surprised if he returns,
but I hope he does.

I would be too especially since you were dumb enough to let him out -
maybe you should have had a brain and kept him inside since he was ailing.
Or maybe he will get a true home for his last days better than the one he
had.

One would only hope. Ted is a brutal moron who should not have cats.

Typically, cats go away from home to die ... if they can. What do you
call denying a cat its last request by forbidding it to die the way it
wants to?
--
T.E.D. )
Old June 19th 06, 03:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Ted Davis wrote:

[...]

It's a pity cybercats don't go away to die.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old June 19th 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Ted Davis wrote:

Speaking of Siegfried, he's also showing signs of being a very
demanding computer room cat - he's walking all over my hands, meowing,
and licking my fingers right now ... and purring loudly enough to be
heard across the room. ... A bit of petting did not calm him down for
more than a minute or so. That kitten is going to be a problem.
Correction: he *is* a problem.

Well, you DID name him "Siegfried"! He's just living up to
his name (although one can hope he's a bit brighter than
Wagner's hero).

Old June 19th 06, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mischief wrote:

Well I certainly send purrs for Spooky. I hate the idea of a cat going
away to 'die in peace' I wouldn't want my cat to do that. If my cat
was old, i would hope it would either choose a safe place here at home
or let me know when he wanted to go. But that's just me.

Well, that IS what animals do in the wild, and I gather from
his posts that most of Ted's cats have been semi-feral
rescues. It's a sad fact of feline life, but personally I'd
rather that than keep a suffering cat with a terminal
condition alive simply because I couldn't bear to part with
it. Better the cat take the decision out of my hands.

Old June 19th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Abraham Lincoln wrote:

Ted Davis wrote:

The bad news: Spooky did *not* come home today. He went out yesterday
during a break in the rain - that surprised me because he never goes
out when it's wet, in fact, he hadn't been out at all in the last few
weeks. I posted back in March that he was getting old, and he's been
deteriorating rapidly lately. I think he went outside to find a place
to be alone to die in peace. I will be very surprised if he returns,
but I hope he does.

I would be too especially since you were dumb enough to let him out -
maybe you should have had a brain and kept him inside since he was
ailing. Or maybe he will get a true home for his last days better than
the one he had.

And maybe YOU are an idiot trying to make trouble! It's
plain to see the summer invasion of trolls is upon us.
You've never posted here before, and Ted has been telling
about his brood of rescued cats for some time, now.
(P-L-O-N-K!)

Old June 19th 06, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Ted Davis wrote:

[...]

It's a pity kill-files occasionally slip - I'm sure I
plonked "cybercat" a long time ago!

Old June 19th 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:22:14 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

Ted Davis wrote:

Speaking of Siegfried, he's also showing signs of being a very
demanding computer room cat - he's walking all over my hands, meowing,
and licking my fingers right now ... and purring loudly enough to be
heard across the room. ... A bit of petting did not calm him down for
more than a minute or so. That kitten is going to be a problem.
Correction: he *is* a problem.

Well, you DID name him "Siegfried"! He's just living up to
his name (although one can hope he's a bit brighter than
Wagner's hero).

He's stupid enough to want to go outside long before he's big enough
for it to be reasonably safe. But as soon as he gets onto the top
back step (with me sitting there, of course), he decides he really
doesn't want all that space. The back door used to close by itself -
before the storm door blew away - but now it has to be actively closed
because the exhaust fan will pull anything less than tightly closed
open again - that's how the kittens can get out ... that and out the
front when I prop the door and storm door open to bring in groceries,
but none of them as gone more than three feet onto the pourch (then
entire huge patio is covered so it's more like inside than the back
where the transition is abrupt).

--
T.E.D. )
Old June 19th 06, 10:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Joy" wrote in message
.net...
I'm so glad Snowball came home!

I'm sorry about Spooky. Purrs that he comes back to you. Please ignore
the
troll I just plonked.

So, to suggest that Ted should have kept an old, ill cat inside where he
is
safe is to be a troll?

Idiot.

Ted obviously has far more respect for the animal, then cybercat. Cybercat
seems very immature with the nature of cats. They are not little people, you
are not six years old, Cybercat!

Clangnuts

Old June 19th 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

"Abraham Lincoln" wrote in message
Ted Davis wrote:

I suspect that the reason you are such an "indoor only" fanitic is
that any cat of yours that had a chance to run away would run away at
the first opportunity.

I'm so brutal to cats that strays and ferals sometimes seek out my
clowder and join it. When was the last time a cat *chose* to live
with you?

Note, you are being bated by a non-resident troll. Try to ignore.

Jo