visiting my family - and their cats

Old April 12th 04, 04:07 AM

Default visiting my family - and their cats

I've just spent a week in hot, humid Florida, visiting my family, who
all live in this area. This consists of mom and dad (divorced 30 years,
but friendly, and now living in roughly the same area) and two sisters.
And their 10 cats, all combined. One sister has 4, the other has 3, mom
has two and dad has one.

The 4-cat household belonging to one sister includes a beautiful,
chubby striped boy with a black beauty mark on his nose, a siamese/
red tabby mix (he has tabby stripes where the "points" would be, and
blue eyes), a gorgeous fluffy black cat with tufted ears, and a little
black shorthair. All have sweet dispositions, enjoy people, and love
being petted. The little black shorthair has slept with me most nights,
and every time I said his name, he'd start purring. The part siamese
loves to be brushed, and I think I can safely say I've made a friend
for life.

I didn't get to meet my other sister's 3 cats, but I did meet her two
very friendly, cute dogs, a jack russell and a golden/pit bull mix.

My mother has two black-and-white tuxedo cats. One is 4 years old and
isn't very friendly. He'd let me pet him, then suddenly open his mouth
and hiss loudly at me. Whoops, better leave that one alone! The other
is a total sweetheart. He's 17 years old and a little creaky, but has
beautiful eyes and will gaze at you adoringly until you come to pet him,
which he loves.

This is my father's first cat, not counting the ones we had growing up,
which he didn't much care for. I didn't realize he could like cats at
all. But now he's got a great kitty, a sleek brown tabby who he considers
his best buddy. This cat takes long walks with my father. He calls the
cat "a dog in a cat suit". I always find it sweet when a professed non-
cat-person suddenly becomes very enamored of one.

It's been a great visit, human- and feline-wise alike. And now I'm
headed home to see my own 3 furballs!

Joyce
Old April 12th 04, 04:38 AM
Hopitus2

Good to hear your FL adventures, Joyce.....I've been doing the commuting
thing since end of March, as I said.....and many miles from where you
visited, but I have family near Oakland and some day hope to meet you. Safe
journey home to your fuzzbutt dictators.

:

Old April 12th 04, 05:45 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 03:07:28 GMT, wrote:

[...]

It sounds like a great visit. Happy Easter.