*sigh* and she was doing so well.

Old May 11th 10, 04:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Default *sigh* and she was doing so well.

So, right at the point I was posting in a different group about the
emergency vet we'd have to go to, Meep had an acute cystitis attack and
there I was 20 minutes later, when I should have been in bed.

Why oh why do they never get sick during business hours?

Got her painkiller shot, and another to give her in the AM, so she's
feeling better but I'm a wreck. Long story short I brought a yearling
colt home a week ago, he was sick with various things (like bringing
home a rescue), and just today he's finally seemed to turn the corner.

And now Meep's sick again. And, if the emergency vet's scale is
correct, she's lost 1/4# in two weeks! I think it's wrong, she doesn't
have that much to lose, and she's been eating better with the new meds
she's been on.

She hasn't had an attack like this in years (crystals and blood in her
urine), and I've been doing all the right things; I thought we were past
this. It's simple stress - hubby's packing a bunch of stuff to move to
our retirement home, and I'm sure Meep thinks we're moving again (she
knows the symptoms). We're not, but we can't tell her that.

It came on fast, too. I cleaned her box at 5, she's been fine all
evening and checked it when we noticed she was in pain (around 9:30pm),
and she had used it. But she was still trying to pee on paper all over
the house, poor thing!

I think I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now.

jmc
Old May 11th 10, 06:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MLB[_2_]

jmc wrote:
[...]

Sending heartfelt purrs for Meep to get well and to comfort you. MLB
Old May 11th 10, 08:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gandalf

On Mon, 10 May 2010 23:49:00 -0400, jmc
wrote:

[...]

I'm sorry to hear about poor Meep

Cystitis is REALLY miserable. I hope it responds to treatment ASAP!

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100511-1, 05/11/2010
Tested on: 5/11/2010 2:51:49 PM

Old May 11th 10, 10:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, Gandalf exclaimed (5/11/2010 3:51 PM):
wrote:

[...]

Thanks. She's on antibiotics, probiotics, and painkillers, so she's
doing fine. I've mostly recovered too

jmc
Old May 12th 10, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Nadia N.

jmc wrote:
So, right at the point I was posting in a different group about the
emergency vet we'd have to go to, Meep had an acute cystitis attack and
there I was 20 minutes later, when I should have been in bed.

Poor Meep, and poor you! Purrs from Kotyo who's had his share of
cystitis attacks, more purrs from Sweety, and best wishes from me who's
been where you are right now.

Hopefully she's feeling better by now, and there won't be a repeat
attack. If the attack was due to stress, maybe some Feliway would help?

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety

--
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo
Sweety pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Sweety
Old May 12th 10, 04:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene

I am sorry for you and Meep. I hope she is doing better now. I agree
with Nadia that using Feliway is a good idea (if you aren't already).

I wanted to suggest a supplement for Meep that might help her long
term. It's an herbal called Tract Ease that's available from Only
Natural Pet. I have ordered several products from this company over
the years and have been satisfied. (I am not affiliated with them,
only a customer). They have good service and all-natural products.

Here is the link to the product. Read the reviews. There are many
positive ones form pet owners.

http://www.onlynaturalpet.com/produc...la/999017.aspx

Rene
Old May 16th 10, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Patty

wrote:

[...]

Hope it clears up real soon and Meep feels better.

Patty

*SIGH* HRFLTiger Cat anecdotes 16 April 24th 06 02:49 AM
*****SIGH***** CatNipped Cat anecdotes 28 March 21st 06 09:55 PM
Sigh .. is this going to end?? Rob Poe Cat anecdotes 9 January 3rd 06 09:26 PM
here we go again ::sigh:: Helen Miles Cat anecdotes 22 November 22nd 05 06:42 PM
sigh James Marz Cat health & behaviour 20 May 16th 04 02:17 AM