looking for a new litter

Old July 10th 03, 04:38 AM
Elizabeth Blake

"Cathy Friedmann" wrote in message
I find little dust w/ the WBCL, but am now (wondering if the newer formula
is the culprit?) also experiencing a LOT of tracking, & the basically the
same problem w. my cats - at least one cat, at any rate - post-litter box
use: sitting right down on the litter while peeing, then sitting other
places in the house & leaving tell-tale marks; *constant* clean-up on my
part.

My older cat, Tiger (the one who sits) has peed on my bed a few times. I
have a feeling it started because she went there to clean herself up after
using the box, and got her pee on the blankets and decided afterward that
the bed now smelled like the litterbox. I haven't had that problem in over
a year, when I put her on her pee schedule. Every night between
10pm-midnight I put her in the box, she goes, and then I have to hold onto
her to clean off her butt.

I've tried the crystal litter. It works really well, but... do not buy
Litter Pearls brand or any of the other round or oval shaped crystal

litters
because they *roll*, & I mean roll, all _over_ the place. It's worse

than
cleaning up after tracked litter! One of my cats overturns the litter box
every now & again while jumping out; he overturned a box of Litter Pearls
once - what a MESS!

When the crystal type litter first came out I mentioned it to someone at
work and she claimed that it was horrible and poisonous. Then a year or so
later she mentioned buying Litter Pearls, and I reminded her of what she
said previously and she swore she never said that. Today when I was talking
about litter she was back to her original stand of "it's poison, stay away
from it" and of course refused to admit she liked it. I may try a
combination of the crystals and another type of litter and try to find the
best combination. I have two boxes, so I can switch one over and leave the
other with WBCL until I see what my two like.

Liz

Old July 10th 03, 04:43 AM
Elizabeth Blake

"Bill" wrote in message
I've used Scoop Away and haven't noticed tracking.

Recently I switched to a new litter called (I believe) Swheat Scoop, which
is a wheat-based clumping litter. It seems to absorb litter box odors

about
as well as the Scoop Away, but without the perfume-ie smell. I haven't
noticed any tracking with this litter either.

Both litters seem to produce less dust than others I've used.

We use Scoop Away for the two cats at work. I used to like it much better,
but lately I can't find the original formula I used to get and can only find
a scented one. When I pick Stinky up, she smells like the litter. Which is
pretty stinky... I hate that over-perfumed scent. The cats do kick litter
out of the box and the guy who runs the textbook department told me that the
shelves by the litter boxes get really dusty and was blaming it on the
litter. Maybe they need a change, too.

I'll take a look for Sweat Scoop next time I go to the pet store.

Liz

Old July 10th 03, 04:45 AM
Elizabeth Blake

"MaryL" wrote in message

I like Better Way. It can be hard to locate, but it is a very fine, soft
clumping litter -- and I find almost no tracking.

I checked out their web site. I'm pretty sure I've never seen it in the two
pet stores I usually go to. Is it sold in any of the bigger chains, like
Petco?

Liz