Mouth-to-mouth saves cat's life

Old July 11th 03, 10:59 PM
me

Default Mouth-to-mouth saves cat's life

COLE HARBOR, Nova Scotia, July 11 (UPI) -- A 13-year-old Nova Scotia boy
defied bullies and saved a cat's life with mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.

Sam Bernard told the Globe and Mail Friday he heard the cat's cries and
found it hanging by a rope from a tree. Two other teens were nearby
laughing.

The boy released the cat's neck from the noose and said the animal appeared
dead, but he tried puffing into the cat's nose anyway.

Bernard said the only time he had seen mouth-to-mouth resuscitation applied
was during a noon-hour demonstration at a school.

Ignoring the teenagers' threats they would kill all the cats in his
neighborhood if he told anyone what happened, Bernard took the animal to a
friend's house and phoned the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

Thursday, the RCMP charged two boys, 16 and 14, with cruelty to animals.

A veterinarian has offered to care for the cat until he can find it a home.

Old July 12th 03, 03:25 AM
Mary

COLE HARBOR, Nova Scotia, July 11 (UPI) -- A 13-year-old Nova Scotia boy
defied bullies and saved a cat's life with mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.

What a great kid. He deserves an award! Those other two kids need counseling.
Old July 12th 03, 03:25 AM
Mary

Old July 12th 03, 04:52 AM
L. Kelly

What a true hero that young boy is!...and as for the other two......hmmmm.....I think
maybe some counselling is in order there.

--
Hugs,
Lynn

*strip CLOTHES to reply*
Homepage:
http://members.shaw.ca/sewfinefashions/
See my boys: http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/papavince_29/

Old July 12th 03, 04:52 AM
L. Kelly

Old July 12th 03, 03:49 PM
Priscilla Ballou

In article ,
"me" wrote:

[...]

Good lad! I hope some organization gives him an award.

Priscilla
--
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.