New litter box or new toy?(long)

Old June 22nd 04, 02:43 PM
jemifur

Default New litter box or new toy?(long)

For the last year I have used two self cleaning littermaid litter
boxes for my cats. Being cat's they managed to ruin the "comb" and
motor portions of the $100.00 each litter boxes in about 4 weeks. So
I have been hand scooping the boxes. In addition the litter boxes
have no top, so the deposits can be seen and smelled by all. So two
days ago I decided to get new litter boxes. The ones I found are
covered shaped like a triangle to fit in a corner and have a litter
sifter built in. They also have a "swinging door" entrance and are a
semi-clear gray color. Well, both Simba and Pepper grudgingly used
the boxes for the first time. Then they discovered that the litter
boxes may not be a great place to poop, but they sure were a great
place to play and lounge. So now the cats lounge on top of the
boxes…they do use them for potty times, but more often they are used
as loungers. They also discovered two new games.

GAME ONE:
One is "trap my brother in the box". This game occurs when one cat
enters the box to do his business while the other cat happens to be
lounging on top. The cat on top proceeds to hit the swinging door
with all the force it can muster. This obviously disturbs the cat IN
the box, so he tries to leave…and the cat on top simply blocks him by
continuing to hit the door flap. This will go on until the cat on top
tires of the game.

GAME TWO:
The second game involves one cat entering the box and calling for his
brother. As soon as brother cat comes near the box, the cat in the
box explodes out and "attacks" his brother. Because the box is
clear-ish they can see through it to time the attack. I guess they
figure they can hide inside and see out, but no one can see in.

Who knew that the litter boxes I purchased as a treat for me (as they
are much easier to clean) would also be a treat for the cats. I guess
all I can do is smile and shake my head at the two little goobers!
Old June 22nd 04, 10:26 PM
lrulan

Funny stuff! They are putting on a good show for you.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

om...

Old June 22nd 04, 11:02 PM
Karen

Bwahhahahahah!! The original did not post to my srver but this is
hysterical. Game 1 is why I would hesitate to have a box with a door. Game 2
is just damn funny!!!

karen

"lrulan" wrote in message
Funny stuff! They are putting on a good show for you.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

om...

Old June 23rd 04, 04:37 AM
Marina

"jemifur" wrote
snip new fun and games

Who knew that the litter boxes I purchased as a treat for me (as they
are much easier to clean) would also be a treat for the cats. I guess
all I can do is smile and shake my head at the two little goobers!

LOL! What fun cat toys Meowmie brought home.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old June 23rd 04, 04:37 AM
Marina