Cutting nails

Old July 22nd 09, 03:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
desgnr[_2_]

Default Cutting nails

My CC won't let me cut her nails,she hisses & tries to bite me.

Any sugestions how to get the job done ?

Old July 22nd 09, 03:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sativasam

"desgnr" in a moment of madness wrote in message

My CC won't let me cut her nails,she hisses & tries to bite me.

Not surprised, can you not just leave the poor cat alone!
Get her a scratching post. But if you can't resist messing with nature, find
her a new home.
Cutting a cats claws, never heard out so daft.

Any sugestions how to get the job done ?

No leave her be as nature intended!

Although you can get little sticky on covers, if you want a semi defenseless
cat.

Poor little sod.

Old July 22nd 09, 04:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
James

On Jul 22, 10:06*am, "desgnr" wrote:
My CC won't let me cut her nails,she hisses & tries to bite me.

Any sugestions how to get the job done ?

I'm going to try this next time I trim her nails. Wrap her in a hand
towel like a burrito. Put her on her back. Take out one leg and
trim. I've done it with rabbits but haven't tried a cat yet.

Old July 22nd 09, 04:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"sativasam" wrote in message
"desgnr" in a moment of madness wrote in message

My CC won't let me cut her nails,she hisses & tries to bite me.

Not surprised, can you not just leave the poor cat alone!
Get her a scratching post. But if you can't resist messing with nature,
find her a new home.
Cutting a cats claws, never heard out so daft.

Any sugestions how to get the job done ?

No leave her be as nature intended!

Although you can get little sticky on covers, if you want a semi
defenseless cat.

Poor little sod.

Are you a freaking idiot??

Old July 22nd 09, 04:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

I had a cat like that I ended up having to take her to the vet to do it
or it got a set of Kevlar glovers out and had someone hold her down. After
a while she learned that it was go with the flow or got to the vet

Old July 22nd 09, 04:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"desgnr" wrote in message
My CC won't let me cut her nails,she hisses & tries to bite me.

Any sugestions how to get the job done ?

Get a friend to help you.

Old July 22nd 09, 04:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sativasam

I see, American cat owners, that explains it. Poor cats, the only possible
reason to cut a cats claws is, if it has a foot /claw infection and needs
treatment, in general this cruel act is just to make life a bit easier for
the human who keeps the pet. shame on you!

g.com...

Old July 22nd 09, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"sativasam" wrote in message
I see, American cat owners, that explains it. Poor cats, the only possible
reason to cut a cats claws is, if it has a foot /claw infection and needs
treatment, in general this cruel act is just to make life a bit easier for
the human who keeps the pet. shame on you!

You're an idiot. I cannot be the first to tell you, but let me join the
ringing chorus of voices.

Old July 22nd 09, 06:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
---MIKE---

I wonder if satisvasam isn't getting clipping confused with declawing.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old July 22nd 09, 06:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
AZ Nomad[_2_]

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 16:48:30 +0100, sativasam wrote:
I see, American cat owners, that explains it. Poor cats, the only possible
reason to cut a cats claws is, if it has a foot /claw infection and needs
treatment, in general this cruel act is just to make life a bit easier for
the human who keeps the pet. shame on you!

I keep kitties nails trimed when they grow too long. I see that this
is too complex a concept for you to fathom. Cats evolved in the wild,
not in a cave like yours, and the use of a scratching post is
frequently not enough to counter their claws' natural growth.

For example, I have a less active persian whose dew claw will spiral
in and cut her if it isn't trimmed.