Help with Spirit

Old March 9th 16, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

Default Help with Spirit

Okay we suspected she and Bonnie have issues- we put a separate box in the kitchen after we spotted Bonnie blocking access to the bathroom boxes and that seemed to work

Spirit goes through phases of liking one place then a week or so later she likes somewhere else. She'll get up to eat and use her litter tray then go back to her place. She seems to be in her own little world but she seems happy enough

For the last week she's sleeping on a box of old records in the corner of the bedroom

Tonight I showed her there were some lamb chops on offer (Dave couldn't eat them all) she's so lazy I sometimes have to move her to get her moving towards the bowls although once she's up there she can eat like a horse

As she jumped off heading for the kitchen I thought "She threw up over there I think" so I put the light on and moved in with kitchen towel...moved an old padded envelope away....

She's been weeing on that! Copiously judging by the fact I am wet and so is the side of the bed and on closer inspection she's also doing something else up there i.e pooping

I picked her up when she finished eating and put her in the tray only to have Bonnie run in, which caused her to bolt back to her corner.

We did have some issues with this before which was why we installed a tray in the kitchen, which seemed to help for a time. She's friendly if I approach her and pick her up but most of the time she seems happy to stay where she is...

And that's the problem- when she didn't find anywhere to feel safe stress overgrooming combined with her FIV and a possible flea allergy meant she ended up almost bald but now she has a safe space her skin has settled down a lot (Before anyone says it- she has been to the vet)

I obviously don't want her weeing etc all over the place but it's not practical to put another tray in the bedroom as where she is there's loads of stuff in the way. I don't want to get rid of her obviously

Any ideas?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furbakks
Old March 9th 16, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 3/8/2016 3:02 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
[...]

The only thing I can think of is to shut one or the other of them, with
all necessary facilities, for a week or so. That would probably be a
pain, if it's even possible, but that's my only idea.
Old March 13th 16, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Tuesday, March 8, 2016 at 11:36:11 PM UTC, Joy wrote:

The only thing I can think of is to shut one or the other of them, with
all necessary facilities, for a week or so. That would probably be a
pain, if it's even possible, but that's my only idea.

Alas not possible but weirdly things have been settling down (Fingers crossed)Spirit has been coming out more, using the box , she still likes to sleep in her corner but she and Bonnie have been spotted tentatively washing each other

The only thing I can think of is Thursday morning, Bonnie was having an attack of the zoomies and ran right onto where Spirit sleeps and Spirit instead of running which she usually does suddenly stood her ground and hissed at Bonnie causing Bonnie to beat a very hasty retreat looking surprised!

Since then they seemed to be getting on better as I say

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old March 13th 16, 10:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 13:33:40 -0700 (PDT), Lesley Madigan
wrote:

[...]

Very good news. Cats do need to define their territory - amd place in
the pecking order. Once that is sorted out, it does seem to calm down.
Old March 14th 16, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 9:37:40 PM UTC, dgk wrote:

Very good news. Cats do need to define their territory - amd place in
the pecking order. Once that is sorted out, it does seem to calm down

They're now sitting around the food bowls together without any hassle apart from poor Bonnie looking hungry. She's waiting for Spirit to leave her some food and that's a long wait as that bloody kitten has the most unbelievable appetite

Old March 15th 16, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

Wow! They're playing together and washing each other.

Dave says it's like Spirit comes to Bonnie crouched low and gives her a quick lick

Bonnie then licks her back and they end up chasing and play fighting

Old March 15th 16, 10:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 3/15/2016 5:33 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
Wow! They're playing together and washing each other.

Dave says it's like Spirit comes to Bonnie crouched low and gives her a quick lick

Bonnie then licks her back and they end up chasing and play fighting

Sounds to me like they're coming to terms. I'm very glad to hear it.

Jill

Old March 17th 16, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at 9:37:03 PM UTC, Jill McQuown wrote:

Sounds to me like they're coming to terms. I'm very glad to hear it.

Best buddies now- currently washing each other

It's like Spirit goes up to Bonnie and gives her a little lick as if she's saying "I know you are the boss and I'm just the pesky kitten"

And Bonnie goes "I'm the BOSS! I like that! Okay Pesky Kitten if I am the BOSS so as you understand that I am the BOSS and you're just the Pesky Kitten- let's play"

Old March 18th 16, 12:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Lesley Madigan wrote:

Best buddies now- currently washing each other

It's like Spirit goes up to Bonnie and gives her a little lick as if she's saying "I know you are the boss and I'm just the pesky kitten"

And Bonnie goes "I'm the BOSS! I like that! Okay Pesky Kitten if I am the BOSS so as you understand that I am the BOSS and you're just the Pesky Kitten- let's play"

Ah, so Spirit has learned how to play politics and suck up properly.

--
Joyce

I've gone running from the devil
At times I've beaten down his path

Spirit Lesley Madigan Cat anecdotes 14 December 15th 14 11:59 PM
casey spirit? yepp Cat anecdotes 35 April 8th 08 09:56 PM
A candle for Spirit Adrian[_2_] Cat anecdotes 2 January 30th 08 07:24 PM
Update on Spirit Matthew Cat anecdotes 7 February 6th 07 05:06 PM
Update on Spirit Matthew Cat anecdotes 8 September 19th 06 07:51 PM