"Science Diet" Hairball Control Sensitivity

Old October 20th 03, 02:20 AM
-L.

Alaininsd wrote in message ...
Hello All!

We've got two tabbies, Spirit and Angel, each is about 3 years of age.
They both eat the same food but Angel has an on-again, off-again
sensitivity to the above food. Sometimes she'll go two weeks without
vomiting, another time it's twice a day! It always comes up yellow...so
we presume it's the food.

Is there another food, with "hairball control" that we can give her that
you'd recommend?

NutroMax. Make sure kitty drinks plenty of water.

-L.
Old October 20th 03, 06:56 AM
GAUBSTER2

My previous cats got sick on Science Diet too

Lauren, my cats (and dogs) thrive on Science Diet. Numerous other people that
I know have both cats and dogs that thrive on Science Diet as well.

I would recommend Wellness, Felidae or Innova.

Those foods aren't neccessarily best for adult cats. If the AAFCO statement on
the bag states, "for all life stages"...then that food has only been formulated
to meet the needs of kittens which require higher nutrient levels than do adult
and senior cats. Not to mention that none of those companies does ANY research
into feline nutrition to my knowledge.

Old October 20th 03, 06:58 AM
GAUBSTER2

Is there another food, with "hairball control" that we can give her that
you'd recommend?

NutroMax. Make sure kitty drinks plenty of water.

I've never been a fan of Nutro. Their foods are notoriously high in phosphorus
(among other things) and I believe that all of their feline dry products
acidify a cat's urinary Ph output below the normal range of 6.2-6.4.

Old October 20th 03, 01:59 PM
Liz

I've never been a fan of Nutro. Their foods are notoriously high in phosphorus
(among other things) and I believe that all of their feline dry products
acidify a cat's urinary Ph output below the normal range of 6.2-6.4.

You´ve never been a fan of anything but Science Diet. How much do you
get for every bag you sell?

You cannot state *anything* about urinary pH (small p and big H)
output because you do not know the pH of tap water where she lives.

Old October 20th 03, 03:56 PM
GAUBSTER2

I've never been a fan of Nutro. Their foods are notoriously high in
phosphorus
(among other things) and I believe that all of their feline dry products
acidify a cat's urinary Ph output below the normal range of 6.2-6.4.

You´ve never been a fan of anything but Science Diet.

Not true. But once I've seen the awesome results I obtained by switching to
Science Diet (not to mention what others have experience and being impressed by
the research they do, etc.) it was not hard to change my recommendation.

How much do you
get for every bag you sell?

I buy it, I DON'T sell it.

You cannot state *anything* about urinary pH (small p and big H)
output because you do not know the pH of tap water where she lives.

Uh, yes I can and I did. Nothing I said was false. Go look it up if you don't
believe me.