"Science Diet" Hairball Control Sensitivity

Old October 20th 03, 03:56 PM
GAUBSTER2

I've never been a fan of Nutro. Their foods are notoriously high in
phosphorus
(among other things) and I believe that all of their feline dry products
acidify a cat's urinary Ph output below the normal range of 6.2-6.4.

You´ve never been a fan of anything but Science Diet.

Not true. But once I've seen the awesome results I obtained by switching to
Science Diet (not to mention what others have experience and being impressed by
the research they do, etc.) it was not hard to change my recommendation.

How much do you
get for every bag you sell?

I buy it, I DON'T sell it.

You cannot state *anything* about urinary pH (small p and big H)
output because you do not know the pH of tap water where she lives.

Uh, yes I can and I did. Nothing I said was false. Go look it up if you don't
believe me.
Old October 20th 03, 08:01 PM
Jim Vecchiola

I feed both of my cats Iams Hairball formula (dry) - they like it, and
with brushing, we only have an "accident" (a hairball vomited up) about
once a month. I also feed them 9-lives tuna (canned food) on the
weekends as a treat! Boy, do they LOVE tuna cat food!

Jim

Alaininsd wrote:

Hello All!

We've got two tabbies, Spirit and Angel, each is about 3 years of age.
They both eat the same food but Angel has an on-again, off-again
sensitivity to the above food. Sometimes she'll go two weeks without
vomiting, another time it's twice a day! It always comes up yellow...so
we presume it's the food.

Is there another food, with "hairball control" that we can give her that
you'd recommend? We groom her regularly; without the hairball control
she vomits hairballs. You see, she grooms her sister, as well. Spirit
grooms Angel too, but apparently is not as sensitive.

We also give them "Eucanuba Lamb and Rice" which they both love and keep
down. For weekend treat, they love the "Fancy Feast" in the tin that we
give them. Angel keeps that down as well. It's only when we mix a small
ammount of the Science Diet with the Eucanuba, that Angel gets sick. All
suggestions will be most gratefully received!

Many thanks for taking the time to respond!

Lois

Old October 21st 03, 06:50 AM
-L.

"Karen M." wrote in message ...
-L. wrote:

olitter (PawsForThought) wrote in message ...

From:
(GAUBSTER2)

My previous cats got sick on Science Diet too

Lauren, my cats (and dogs) thrive on Science Diet. Numerous other people
that
I know have both cats and dogs that thrive on Science Diet as well.

Well that was NOT my experience. My cats had dry coats and stinky poops from
Science Diet foods.

We fed SD maintenence at the vet because the vet got such great
kick-backs from them. Over 50% of the cats wouldn't eat it, and those
who did had notoriously stinky poop - it was just gross. Consequently
I hate the stuff. The smell of it nauseates *me*. I once tried it on
my cats when they were kittens. They wouldn't eat it either. Smart
cats.

-L.

When I used to feed SD my cat Audrey was *always* leaking anal gland
liquid hell, on top of other problems. Now, she only does once in a blue
moon *thank god*!! Especially back then she slept right by my head. I
can't tell you how many times I was woken up in the middle of the night
by *anal gland*. And I sleep like the dead

*Nothing* grosser. The worst was when I worked for the vet and would
get "squirted" before 7:30 AM, and changed into my only other set of
scrubs, and then would get squirted again right after lunch - couldn't
go home to get another set since lunch was already over. I finally
just started bringing 4 sets of scrubs with me to work. I hated that!
Another time, I got squirted and thought I got it all cleaned up/off,
but people kept smelling it on me. It was in my HAIR. EEEEWWWWW!!!
-L.

-L.