Reading the Paper with Bonnie

Old February 14th 04, 08:46 PM
Bev

Default Reading the Paper with Bonnie

It's cool here this morning with a touch of autumn in the air.
Bonnie expects home comforts and warmth is at the top of her list. She
began her performance the moment I stretched out in the lazy-boy chair
with the Sunday newspaper. She started up with ear-splitting
yowling. "More food," I queried her, "clean litter box?"

"Yes," she yelled back.

I performed the necessary slave services and settled down again.
Crash, she landed in the middle of my newspaper. "You can sit on my
warm chest," I said, "but don't pester me."

I might as well have tried to hold back the sea. She started by
licking the remains of my breakfast off my mouth. "Stop it," I
spluttered. She responded by trying to get the rest of the breakfast
bits from my teeth! I went off and rewashed my face and cleaned my
teeth.

She was back on my knee the instant I sat down. The food option having
been exhausted she began crunching up several small buttons on my
blouse. I covered them up. She transferred her attention to the
newspaper and suddenly sprang at it, taking the whole thing with her to
the floor.

"Leave me alone," I shouted, grabbing back the newspaper and hissing at
her. Bonnie smirked, she had just started. The sneak attack on the
newspaper from the top of the chair worked like a charm and made a neat
tear in the news section. I muttered a few obscenities, picked up the
paper and went on reading.

She crept quietly up on my knee from the window side of the chair and
looked at me angelically. Who could resist those mellting, tawny-green
eyes and that pitiful meow, "OK," I said but behave yourself"

She flipped over on her back, leaning against my arm and began sucking
her stomach, (a favourite pastime). When she sucks, both front paws
are in kneading mode, one in, (me, ouch), the other in (me, ouch). I
put down the newspaper and put a towel under her claws.

Things were peaceful for two minutes - until Clyde arrived.
Clyde enjoys sucking Bonny's stomach as much as she does (they never
suck his) and his antenna had picked up the sucking sounds. His
arrival on top of the newspaper was the equivalent to the weight of
several bricks. Clyde settled himself in the middle of the newspaper
and began to suck. The slurping noise from them both was frightful.
Then his claws began, in, out (ouch, ouch).

Oh what the hell, perhaps I'd write a story for RPCA. I upended cats
and newspaper into the nicely warmed chair and left them to it. As I
write I can hear the sounds of purring and sucking - they had won!!!!

Bev
--
I believe in an open mind, but not so open
that your brains fall out.
Old February 14th 04, 08:54 PM
Hopitus2

It's nice to hear some people still read (or try to read) newspapers, as so
many these days get their news from tv watching (at least in USA). LOL the
belly-sucking duo you have. Only Maluce here does anything like that....when
getting loving pets and strokes, she stretches out her "under-side" front
leg and diligently sucks - making that noise you described - while purring
very loudly. The Evil 3 are such porkers it would be amazing if they could
suck on their own bellies.

"Bev" wrote in message
: It's cool here this morning with a touch of autumn in the air.
: Bonnie expects home comforts and warmth is at the top of her list. She
: began her performance the moment I stretched out in the lazy-boy chair
: with the Sunday newspaper. She started up with ear-splitting
: yowling. "More food," I queried her, "clean litter box?"
:
: "Yes," she yelled back.
:
[...]
: --

Old February 14th 04, 11:03 PM
Victor Martinez

Basho and I have a morning routine somewhat similar. I like to read the
paper before I go to work, but Basho always demands sugar right at the
same time. I have to put the paper down several times to snuggle him.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 15th 04, 04:36 PM
Christine Burel

Love the story, Bev! The idea of getting to sit down and do anything you
want to do besides cat coddling is futile as I well know.
Christine

Old February 15th 04, 07:30 PM
SUQKRT

In article , wrote:

Oh what the hell, perhaps I'd write a story for RPCA. I upended cats
and newspaper into the nicely warmed chair and left them to it. As I
write I can hear the sounds of purring and sucking - they had won!!!!

Lol! Poor Bev!
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

I've learned to not sweat the petty things, and not pet the sweaty things.

Old February 16th 04, 04:56 AM
Yowie

Dear Bonnie, Please keep up your shennanigans. If, by doing so, you make
your meowmie write more stories you'll have our 100% support!

Go Bonnie! Go Clyde!

Yowie