Very bad time.

Old July 22nd 06, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams

Default Very bad time.

Found stray cat on apt. stairs. Took it in to find owner, and got bit
badly. 36 hours with no sleep. 14 hours at hospital. Very bad time
still have to look after cat, & keep it separate from my own. May lose
finger & cannot use right hand for noew. Frad's not having any fun at
all.

--
Regards,
Fred
Old July 22nd 06, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan M

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 16:50:44 -0400, Fred Williams wrote:

Found stray cat on apt. stairs. Took it in to find owner, and got bit
badly. 36 hours with no sleep. 14 hours at hospital. Very bad time
still have to look after cat, & keep it separate from my own. May lose
finger & cannot use right hand for noew. Frad's not having any fun at
all.

Oh no! Take good care of that injured finger. You are in our purrs and
prayers.
Old July 23rd 06, 01:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
ChildFree23

Found stray cat on apt. stairs. Took it in to find owner, and
got bit
badly. 36 hours with no sleep. 14 hours at hospital. Very
bad time
still have to look after cat, & keep it separate from my own.
May lose
finger & cannot use right hand for noew. Frad's not having any
fun at
all.

Oh, Fred, we're so sorry to hear about this! You're in our purrs
and purrayers.

Kitty Schottland VC, Lilith Kitten-Mahoney, & Cousin Rosco P.
Catrane
and the trained human slave Debby

Old July 23rd 06, 12:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams

On July 22, 2006 5:32 pm, Dan M wrote:

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 16:50:44 -0400, Fred Williams wrote:

Found stray cat on apt. stairs. Took it in to find owner, and got
bit
badly. 36 hours with no sleep. 14 hours at hospital. Very bad time
still have to look after cat, & keep it separate from my own. May
lose
finger & cannot use right hand for noew. Frad's not having any fun
at all.

Oh no! Take good care of that injured finger. You are in our purrs and
prayers.

Thanks dear friends, There is good news. A woman called yesterday and
correctly described the cat which she was missing. Her cat was named
Whisky and Whisky is very happy to be back home. They both live in my
apartment building so this is an indoor cat and there is likely no
chance of rabies monsters,
More god news: The swelling has started to go down and while I still
cannot use the finger, or the hand much, it is more comfortable. Sleep
is sometimes the best cure, in this case along with massive amounts
of "aunty-biotics" and some pain killers that allowed me to sleep. So
I've turned the corner and the Whisky is back in a loving home where
she's very happy. Not a bad outcome. I'm much happier today than I
was yesterday at this time.
Thanks to Diana, Ryan and Cinnamon for letting me post this string as a
human visitor. They've sense my troubles and made very few demands
upon me during this time. They are such wonderful, caring companions.

Old July 23rd 06, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
ChildFree23

[...]

Fred, I am SO happy to hear this, that you are slowly getting
better and you likely won't lose the finger (I assume you're
right-handed?) May Bast bless you and your healing hand (and
Diana, Ryan, & Cinnamon).

Debby Hanoka

Old July 25th 06, 03:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs ^..^

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 16:50:44 -0400, Fred Williams wrote:

Found stray cat on apt. stairs. Took it in to find owner, and got bit
badly. 36 hours with no sleep. 14 hours at hospital. Very bad time
still have to look after cat, & keep it separate from my own. May lose
finger & cannot use right hand for noew. Frad's not having any fun at
all.

Sorry to heer 'bowt dis. Take care ov yurself an heel up soon!
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs
7/25/2006 10:42:15 AM
anais_737+at+verizon+dot+net
Old July 26th 06, 02:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams

On July 25, 2006 10:42 am, Mme. Anaïs ^..^ wrote:

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 16:50:44 -0400, Fred Williams wrote:

Found stray cat on apt. stairs. Took it in to find owner, and got
bit
badly. 36 hours with no sleep. 14 hours at hospital. Very bad
time
still have to look after cat, & keep it separate from my own. May
lose
finger & cannot use right hand for noew. Frad's not having any fun
at all.

Sorry to heer 'bowt dis. Take care ov yurself an heel up soon!

Can't write too much to the group right now. Typing is slow with one
hand and hospitals are mostly my home for another day at least. The
infection is mostly under control but inside the tendon sheathing is
another story. I'm getting my condition re-evaluated today by the
chief resident of plastic surgery. It's an ongoing struggle for at
least another day. But this time it's a "Plastic"s Clinic" and not the
emergency room. It should go much quicker with an appointment instead
of the emergency room waiting.
They have been flushing out the tendon sheathing with saline via a
shunt, I think they call it, but the sheathing has now become blocked
and I'm hoping that it was enough to get the bacteria that were there.
If not the surgeons will have to seek other options and That is scary.
Surgeons seem to be a sadistic bunch, judging by what they've put me
through so far.
Got to run. Diana, Ryan and Cinnamon all send thier love and purrs
for those who need it, but their secretary, me, cant get his left
handed fingers moving as well as I'd like. We'll all get through this
and then face life's other challenges. Bast bless you all.

Old July 26th 06, 04:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Rusty

Fred Williams wrote:
[...]

Purrs for Unka Fred's finger to get well fast fast.

Rusty