Is 5F cold?

Old January 19th 09, 08:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
James

Default Is 5F cold?

On Jan 19, 9:06*am, "Matthew"
wrote:
"James" wrote in message

On Jan 19, 12:55 am, "Matthew"
wrote:

Many of nights ate 5 cent roman noodles with mustard and ketchup I got
from
a food cart. To make sure the cats got food. I did what was necessary.

The cheapest I've seen lately is at least 12 cents. *The cheapest I
ever got them was 12 for $1.

They range from ..03 to .12 by me

Which stores have them at the low end? I was just at WalMart and they
had them for .17.

Old January 19th 09, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
James

On Jan 19, 10:32*am, "Spot" wrote:
You ought to be able to qualify for LIHEAP assistance. *The income limits
are pretty high now and most everyone qualifys for a little help of some
sort.

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/ocs/liheap/

Celeste

Thanks I'll look into it.
Old January 20th 09, 09:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Jan 18, 9:52*pm, "dejablues" wrote:

Hey ": Give up your FIOS account and pay your heating
bills, *or stop trolling for sympathy, asshat.

Might be that he is using the Public Library - free, warm and mostly
clean. Might be that he has been laid off from a no-benefits job -
there are a few of those going around. Might be that he skimps on heat
to feed the cat. Might be a bunch of stuff before a FIOS account comes
into play.

We purchased our house last March after a foreclosure. The previous
owners had two businesses and one very good 'regular job'. However,
the regular job was as an architect, the two businesses were in
commercial furniture and commercial office operating supplies -
equipment and hardware, not paper clips and copier stock. Their
combined income was over $200,000K in 2004.

Then their child got sick. Then the architect job (and its benefits)
went away. Then the commercial office furniture business job dried up
and with it the other business as well. And we wound up with the house
they had lived in for three years at considerably less than half what
they had paid for and put into it. From the RED TAG on the boiler,
during the last two of those three years, they did not heat the house
either - and I had to replace 17 of 32 radiators and the central
boiler before we could move in as a result. They also mothballed 2
bathrooms due to failed pipes.

We found this out all after-the-fact - but the point is that
conditions can change suddenly and seriously through no fault of the
individuals involved. May you _NEVER_ face such conditions yourself,
for if you did with your poisonous attitude you will suffer mightily.
Or, did you inherit Daddy's money and so have no need to work?

It is a good thing - for which I am thankful every minute of every day
- that I am healthy, handy and have a good job with a good income. Nor
do I think for one hummingbird heartbeat that this is a permanent
condition.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Old January 20th 09, 11:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Candace

On Jan 20, 1:18*pm, " wrote:

It is a good thing - for which I am thankful every minute of every day
- that I am healthy, handy and have a good job with a good income. Nor
do I think for one hummingbird heartbeat that this is a permanent
condition.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Boy, that is for sh!tsure now. I think about it everyday--glad I have
a job and hopeful that it can continue as things, regrettably, will
probably worsen. Even Obama said so in his somber, realistic speech
today...thereby causing the stock market to fall when, traditionally,
it goes up on Inauguration Day.

I don't think I will be casting aspersions for awhile.

Candace
Old January 21st 09, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Candace" wrote
probably worsen. Even Obama said so in his somber, realistic speech
today...thereby causing the stock market to fall when, traditionally,
it goes up on Inauguration Day.

Come on, Candace, do you really think they KNOW why the stock market falls?

Old January 21st 09, 02:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

Might be that he is using the Public Library - free, warm and mostly

My Mom does. She's 78 and on a limited income.

found this out all after-the-fact - but the point is that
conditions can change suddenly and seriously through no fault of the
individuals involved. May you _NEVER_ face such conditions yourself,
Or, did you inherit Daddy's money and so have no need to work?

It can happen to any of us.

Old January 21st 09, 03:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"cshenk" wrote in message
Might be that he is using the Public Library - free, warm and mostly

My Mom does. She's 78 and on a limited income.

found this out all after-the-fact - but the point is that
conditions can change suddenly and seriously through no fault of the
individuals involved. May you _NEVER_ face such conditions yourself,
Or, did you inherit Daddy's money and so have no need to work?

It can happen to any of us.

I would sell my computer to pay the heat bill, that's for sure. That's why
you would never see me posting to Usenet about my ****ing heat being turned
off. Ugh.

Old January 21st 09, 03:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"cybercat" wrote

I would sell my computer to pay the heat bill, that's for sure. That's why
you would never see me posting to Usenet about my ****ing heat being turned
off. Ugh.

A used older computer will net you at best 50$. A used new state of the art
one 200$. Reality, in a cold area of 5F, his heat for a week will cost that
or more.

You may not have been hit hard with the times, and i have not been but many
have. If he's not a troll and instead legit, he's got his heat down to 45F
so he can feed the cat. Cant ask much more than that can ya?

Old January 21st 09, 03:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"cshenk" wrote in message
"cybercat" wrote

I would sell my computer to pay the heat bill, that's for sure. That's why
you would never see me posting to Usenet about my ****ing heat being
turned off. Ugh.

A used older computer will net you at best 50$. A used new state of the
art one 200$. Reality, in a cold area of 5F, his heat for a week will
cost that or more.

You may not have been hit hard with the times, and i have not been but
many have. If he's not a troll and instead legit, he's got his heat down
to 45F so he can feed the cat. Cant ask much more than that can ya?

You are so gullible.

Old January 21st 09, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Jan 20, 9:24*pm, "cshenk" wrote:
"cybercat" wrote

I would sell my computer to pay the heat bill, that's for sure. That's why
you would never see me posting to Usenet about my ****ing heat being turned
off. Ugh.

A used older computer will net you at best 50$. *A used new state of the art
one 200$. *Reality, in a cold area of 5F, his heat for a week will cost that
or more.

You may not have been hit hard with the times, and i have not been but many
have. *If he's not a troll and instead legit, he's got his heat down to 45F
so he can feed the cat. *Cant ask much more than that can ya?

Maybe Cyber & Deja should get a room - they can keep each other nice
and warm - and stay out of here with their anger, resentfulness and
bitterness. I am absolutely sure that if either one of them got into
trouble they would leap to each other's assistance - don't you agree?
Sad and stupid.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA