Weird cat behaviour

Old October 2nd 07, 10:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Default Weird cat behaviour

As I mentioned elsewhere, we have builders in at the moment so every morning
the Fabulous Furballs are locked in the bedroom with food, water and litter.
They don't seem to mind too much, this morning they even went in there and
waited for me to bring their breakfast in for them! (Then again I was not
having a good time this morning so perhaps reading the signs they thought it
safer to behave themselves! Yesterday the little so and so's tag teamed so as
fast as I got one in the other one jumped out!)

This is far from cruel, on a normal day after I've fed and skritchied them,
they go back into the bedroom anyway as it's their favourite sleeping room
and it is not unknown to not see them all day apart from occasionally
wandering past to check the food bowl

I think they're having one small problem through, last night, when Dave let
them out, Sarsi flashed him a look of extreme gratitude and bolted into the
bathroom where with a very relieved expression she peed....several gallons
all over our nice new floor as her litter box was in the bedroom at the time!

It's almost like she knows where she is supposed to pee and won't pee
anywhere else even if the litter box is handy.

Still as I said to Dave when he stopped cursing, do we really want her
thinking she can pee in the bedroom?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old October 2nd 07, 10:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Exocat[_2_]

"Lesley via CatKB.com" u27720@uwe wrote

It's almost like she knows where she is supposed to pee and won't pee
anywhere else even if the litter box is handy.

Sarsi needs to learn from my ragdoll Snowball.

Only a week after he arrived I'd moved the litterbox from the bathroom into
the scullery for emptying & refilling. I saw him entering the bathroom after
I left & a few seconds later her arrived in the scullery, brushed past me
and hopped into the box to do the necessary.

Ragdolls aren't renowned for their nous, but this is the guy who, when a
string or whatever is passed through a door jamb for him to play with, knows
to rush round the door to grab it at the "hand end". And knows that the way
to stop string wriggling irritatingly in front of him is to jump up and kill
the operating hand/arm.

Purrs that the turmoil is over soon.
Gordon & the FF

Old October 2nd 07, 02:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Exocat" wrote in message

"Lesley via CatKB.com" u27720@uwe wrote

It's almost like she knows where she is supposed to pee and won't pee
anywhere else even if the litter box is handy.

Sarsi needs to learn from my ragdoll Snowball.

Only a week after he arrived I'd moved the litterbox from the bathroom
into the scullery for emptying & refilling. I saw him entering the
bathroom after I left & a few seconds later her arrived in the scullery,
brushed past me and hopped into the box to do the necessary.

Ragdolls aren't renowned for their nous, but this is the guy who, when a
string or whatever is passed through a door jamb for him to play with,
knows to rush round the door to grab it at the "hand end". And knows that
the way to stop string wriggling irritatingly in front of him is to jump
up and kill the operating hand/arm.

LOL! Sounds like Bandit - she was one smart old lady cat!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Purrs that the turmoil is over soon.
Gordon & the FF

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Old October 2nd 07, 02:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Heh! As soon as I read the subject line, the word "redundant" came to
mind!! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped