Exploring, starting in Central Park

Old September 14th 11, 04:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

Default Exploring, starting in Central Park

[Having determined the initial directions they need to take in order to
follow the clues provided in the mysterious email, the kitties finish up
their dinners and thank Chef Mario and the serving staff. Harri and OT
pack a few goodies, loading up TV's magic backpack with all sort of food
and drink. Sammy disappears for a few minutes then reappears wearing a
pith helmet and a backpack and with a coil of rope slung from the pack.

The kitties leave the restaurant and trek to the Museum of Modern Art.
New York's normally imperturbable residents are amused, some of them
perhaps a little worried, by the procession of dozens of cats along the
sidewalks and through the park.

Once the cats reach Cleopatra's Needle Sammy pulls out a compass and
Amelia studies her GPS. The group starts out heading west, crossing north
of Turtle Pond then turning south when they reach Delacorte Theater. They
cross 79th St Transverse Road, then they stick to the trees. Following teh
compass and noting waypoints on the GPS, the expedition finds themselves
deep in The Ramble.]

Ok, kitties, we're getting close to the first mysterious part of our
trip. The inscriptions say that we have to find a wall of shrubs that
looks the back of a sea serpent. Sammy found something like it on the
aerial photos, but now we need to find it for ourselves and check it out.
Let's all spread out and look, but everybody please stay with a partner
or in a group, and let's not go too far. It should be fairly close to
where we are now.

Amelia
Old September 14th 11, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance[_2_]

[Sundance wonders to himself, I wunner whut wud happin if a kittee went into
dat majik bakpak. I wunner whut a kittee wud see dere, an if da kittee kud
git bak owt.]

"Amelia T Cat" wrote in message
[Having determined the initial directions they need to take in order to
follow the clues provided in the mysterious email, the kitties finish up
their dinners and thank Chef Mario and the serving staff. Harri and OT
pack a few goodies, loading up TV's magic backpack with all sort of food
and drink. Sammy disappears for a few minutes then reappears wearing a
pith helmet and a backpack and with a coil of rope slung from the pack.

snip

Amelia

Old September 14th 11, 05:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Harri Roadcat

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 09:30:37 -0700, Sundance wrote:

[Sundance wonders to himself, I wunner whut wud happin if a kittee went
into dat majik bakpak. I wunner whut a kittee wud see dere, an if da
kittee kud git bak owt.]

Dat is somefing dat I have wondered too, but I haf not gotten up da nerve
to try it.

Harri
Old September 14th 11, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

mizz 'mellia,

I can jump relle high up to see where it iz ifin ursef wantz, Storrmmee

Old September 14th 11, 06:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

i haz mineownsef hided in itsef succesffuly serfual timez, mozt recentlee
yesfurday beclawz i felt da hoominz needed x r zize befure da cleaners
camed, onze dey had luked behind efurithin, anna under da bed, i sauntered
owt towardz da penthozes... ursef wuld see what ursef needed ifin it wuz in
der... i iz gwad dat it spits owt thingz like fudz so nufin goez bad, Trudi

Old September 14th 11, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 12:16:45 -0500, Storrmmee wrote:

mizz 'mellia,

I can jump relle high up to see where it iz ifin ursef wantz, Storrmmee

Thank you, Storrmmmee, that would help! We're looking for a big bush that
curves like a sea serpent. If you spot, meow which direction and we'll go
check it out.

Amelia
Old September 14th 11, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 13:33:07 -0500, Storrmmee wrote:

storrmmee skrutinizes da pishures from da sky... den she krowches down
and like she has springs in herown legs jumps strate up inna air... den
she does it again afur landin onna grownd...

hhhmmm then she jumps up way hi anna lands again... den i sees it its
dat way, she points and takes off runnin... she skreeches to a halt, she
jumps two or free times, then she calls owt diz iz it diz iz it,
storrmmee

[Amelia and several other cats come running.]

This is it alright! At least, it's shaped right and I haven't seen any
other bushes that seem to look right. We need to find the middle hump...
there... then duck under it.

[Amelia pauses to allow Storrmmee, Sammy, and Ranger to pass through. She
then squeezes through (though with some difficulty) and joins them on the
other side. What she sees is a pretty little glen with trees and tall,
dense bushes all around. A solitary apple tree stands by itself in the
middle of the glen. Off to one side a large chunk of granite sticks out
of the earth, rising 10 feet into the air.]

Ok, now that we're in the glen and have spotted the rock we need to find
a little cave in the rock. It should be a little difficult to find, and
won't really appear to be a cave until we're actually standing in it's
mouth.

Amelia

Old September 14th 11, 08:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

diz lukz diffikult, der duzint seemta be aneething dat kuld bea kafe... it
mite be up offa grownd mayhaps? or i iz juzt mizzin itsef, storrmmee, hopin
somekittyelse sees it

Old September 14th 11, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

Lemme twyy sumpin...

Pitô.ônya getz up on hynd legz, holdz owt frunt fourfeet,
feelz wiff hur pawz.... nope...
Getz down, kloze tu da grownd, hed butz da granit...
I seeee.... itz in heeeeer
Pitô.ônya'z hed dissappearz frum view.
A hollow ekko is herd,
Folloooow meeeee
--
Pitô.ônya

Old September 14th 11, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gramby

O T hears this and trips over his own paws. My gudnez dere iz sumphin her
didn’t haff da nerf ta du. I wud neffer beliefed dat kud ha[[en.