Smarter than We Think

Old April 23rd 07, 05:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sherry

Default Smarter than We Think

Boots is on Day 5 of her liquid antibiotic. She's really getting tough
to medicate.

For one thing, she has become a master at holding the liquid in and
then spewing it the moment I turn loose of her. I've had to hold her
mouth shut, and stroke her throat to make her swallow it.

She gets medicated every 12 hours. I'm dosing her at 9 a.m. and 9 p.m.
The little doo-doo head completely disappears off the face of the
earth at 8:45. I'm really impressed by that. She obviously can tell
time. :-)

Sherry

Old April 23rd 07, 06:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
oldhickory

Oh, no...sounds like our Buffy...we just pray she doesn't catch any bugs as
she also mastered the medi-spewing technique, as well as the foaming,
gagging, projectile pill ejection. Her vet was astounded at her skills and
shook his head and said he hoped she never got sick again....Buffy didn't
learn to tell time (yet), but I had one in college--Paka--who learned to
read the calendar and disapppeared the day before his neurering appointment
and returned the day after--with the newly acquired talent of SPRAYING.

Never underestimate the little buggers...they are smart. And that's why we
love them!

Good luck!

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

oups.com...

Old April 23rd 07, 01:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Sherry" wrote in message
oups.com...
Boots is on Day 5 of her liquid antibiotic. She's really getting tough
to medicate.

For one thing, she has become a master at holding the liquid in and
then spewing it the moment I turn loose of her. I've had to hold her
mouth shut, and stroke her throat to make her swallow it.

She gets medicated every 12 hours. I'm dosing her at 9 a.m. and 9 p.m.
The little doo-doo head completely disappears off the face of the
earth at 8:45. I'm really impressed by that. She obviously can tell
time. :-)

Hahaha! Isn't your Boots a tuxedo? In any case, my Bootie girl, who we call
"Boo" (and about 20 other variations of it) is just like this. I pill her
twice
a day, but just before I feed her, because she is such a chow hound
she won't hide then! And, I get her right after she has had a mouthful,
or else I will never get those jaws open. Be prepared for when she
not only holds it in, but learns to hold it in while staring you in the eye
while you are stroking her throat, after which she gacks it up. I
can see her little cheeks puffed out now, and that earnest look in
her eye, "no, Mom, really, I swallowed! I just have swollen glands!)