Fancy Feast - Goods Sales Ploy

Old April 17th 07, 05:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Canned Food Nutrition Comparison was Fancy Feast - Goods Sales Ploy

"Sherry" wrote
I don't get it either, Meghan. I mean, it sounds all nice and
appetizing, much more
so than the average bag of catfood ingredients. But I always wonder if
it's a
marketing thing aimed more at the human with the checkbook than the
cat.

dingdingding! We have a winner!

Old April 17th 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sherry

On Apr 17, 11:13 am, "CatNipped" wrote:
"Sherry" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Apr 17, 2:44 am, Meghan Noecker wrote:
On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 00:10:04 -0700, "Cat Protector"

wrote:

"Tuna, Fish Broth, Chicken, Chicken Liver, Whitefish, Brown Rice, Sweet
Potatoes, Carrots, Eggs, Broccoli, Wild Rice, Cranberries, Blueberries,
Yellow Squash, Dicalcium Phosphate, Lecithin, Potassium Chloride, Sea
Salt,
Guar Gum, Carrageenan Gum, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Iron Amino Acid
Complex,
Sodium Selenite, Manganese Amino Acid Complex (source of Chelated
Manganese), Copper Amino Acid Complex, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin A
Acetate,
Vitamin D-3, Vitamin E, Vitamin B-12, Riboflavin, Niacin, Calcium
Pantothenate, Choline Chloride, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride,
Thiamine Mononitriate, Biotin, Taurine."

Brown Rice, Sweet, Potatoes, Carrots, Broccoli, Wild Rice,
Cranberries, Blueberries, Yellow Squash,

What use are any of these for cats? Why are they in the food?

What country are they are from? Wouldn't it be just eas easy for them
to get contaiminated rice as it was for all those foods with
contaminated wheat gluten?

I don't get it either, Meghan. I mean, it sounds all nice and
appetizing, much more
so than the average bag of catfood ingredients. But I always wonder if
it's a
marketing thing aimed more at the human with the checkbook than the
cat.
I'm pretty gullible though, and easy to convince. I wish someone here
would
explain why NUTRITIONALLY cat food has vegetables now (*organic* ones,
no less).
Using the manufacturer of the food as a source for info doesn't
count!! :-)

Sherry

All anyone need do is think about cats and where they came from for a few
minutes....

Cats evolved in a desert climate. They had very little plant material and
almost no free water in their environment. They got all the "by-products"
they needed from their prey - and their prey, being composed of appx. 75%
water, filled their hydration needs.

Cats are "obligate carnivores" (obligate meaning obliged, or forced, to a
meat-only diet). About 95% of the vegetable matter put into cat food is
there only for "filler" - it mostly just passes through cats' digestive
system without being absorbed into or used by their bodies (so that
percentage of the food you buy does nothing except fill the litter box with
more crap - that's why people are so surprised by how much less they have to
scoop when they switch to a premium cat food). Dry cat food commercials
make me laugh when they show beautiful carrots and other veggies that may
appeal to a cat's owner, but not to a cat.

Since cats were not evolved to drink their water, they mostly don't drink
enough when they are fed dry food (thus the high incidence of kidney and
urinary tract problems for cats fed a dry-only diet). Since canned cat food
is composed of appx. 75% water, this meets their hydration needs perfectly.

Oops, off my soapbox now - sorry for the lecture Sherry, you probably
already know all this!

Hugs,

CatNipped

That's good food for thought (pardon the pun)...and a good post.

Sherry

Old April 17th 07, 05:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"CatNipped" wrote
All anyone need do is think about cats and where they came from for a few
minutes....

[snips]

Excellent, intelligent post, CN! Way to weight the IQ ratio for the
better!

Old April 17th 07, 05:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped

Default Fancy Feast - Goods Sales Ploy

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Cat Protector" wrote in message
Ok you want proof. I invite you to read the labels between the holistic
brands and FF. You will see a big difference in quality.

Telling someone to read the labels of "holistic" foods and FF is not
proof - if for no other reason than you do not specify *WHICH* "holistic
cat food you mean. There are dozens of brands of "holistic" food offered,
each with a different set of ingredients, but most of them carp that's
labeled "holistic" to dupe fools like you.

Also, I have serious doubts that you shell out the bucks for a decent diet
for your cats when I've read your posts about "cost saving", some about
cat food: http://tinyurl.com/2z7gr6,

And I find this, written by CP in the above referenced thread, particularly
ironic given his initial response to my post!!!! ;

"It seems every time we have the food debate some people act like snobs by
saying their foods are better and that those who feed their cats a certain
brand they feel aren't as good are picked on or not ok. I think we should
drop the food subject because all it does is create a flame war."

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 17th 07, 06:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped

oups.com...

wrote:

[...]

Thank you. Ironically, it took me many years to stop and "think about" it.
For 15 years I listened slavishly to my vet who advised me to feed Bandit
Science Diet dry (and didn't even think to question the fact that he also
sold that cat food in his practice). To be honest, Bandit did extremely
well on that diet for 15 years until I found out better (she's 17 now and
her creatinin and BUN values still rival those of a young cat).

But when I did, *finally*, stop and think about it I was blown away by the
obvious logic and wondered why I didn't think of it sooner (I *did* know how
and where cats evolved, being an allurophile I've read everything about cats
that I can get my hands on).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 17th 07, 06:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped

"cybercat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote
All anyone need do is think about cats and where they came from for a few
minutes....

[snips]

Excellent, intelligent post, CN! Way to weight the IQ ratio for the
better!

Was that a fat crack!!!??! Are you making fat jokes!!????!!!!! LOL!

Thanks CC, I try to do my part, but when you have CP at one end of the scale
you need two-ton Annie on the other to overcome the stupidity he spews! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 17th 07, 06:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sherry

On Apr 17, 12:28�pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
"Sherry" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Apr 17, 11:13 am, "CatNipped" wrote:

roups.com...

wrote:

[...]

CatNipped- Hide quoted text -

The only obvious missing component to the prey-substitution diet
is....the crunchy things/
hard to tear/chew things. I don't think we'll ever see "Purina Bones,
Fur & Feathers Chow." Kibble
doesn't really replace those things, because they don't use their
teeth that much to chew it. I remember
reading way back about people who fed their cats raw chicken (was it
the necks?) Anyway, I was
always too creeped out to do that.

Sherry

Sherry

Old April 17th 07, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped

"Sherry" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 17, 12:28?pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
"Sherry" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Apr 17, 11:13 am, "CatNipped" wrote:

roups.com...

wrote:

[...]

Bandit makes up for it by biting on me [DH says I'm bony]! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 17th 07, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"CatNipped" wrote
And I find this, written by CP in the above referenced thread,
particularly ironic given his initial response to my post!!!! ;

"It seems every time we have the food debate some people act like snobs by
saying their foods are better and that those who feed their cats a certain
brand they feel aren't as good are picked on or not ok. I think we should
drop the food subject because all it does is create a flame war."

Hypocrisy, one of the hallmarks of stupidity. Like someone who has
lied to you from the first day complaining that you lied to them.

Old April 17th 07, 07:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"CatNipped" wrote
Excellent, intelligent post, CN! Way to weight the IQ ratio for the
better!

Was that a fat crack!!!??! Are you making fat jokes!!????!!!!! LOL!

Noooo, dahlink! It was my convoluted way of saying that your post was a
smarter than average post for the group, given that we now have CP spouting
horse **** and Barry telling someone with a cat with heart disease that the
diagnosis means "air in the heart." He knows better of course, but just the
fact that he would post this horse **** and think it was funny tells you all
you
need to know about his intelligence level. Yessirree, I likes em big and
dumb.

Thanks CC, I try to do my part, but when you have CP at one end of the
scale you need two-ton Annie on the other to overcome the stupidity he
spews! ;

hahaha! You have been missed. It's good to see you back.