Bobcat Sighting

Old September 18th 08, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jillian123

Default Bobcat Sighting

I'm so excited because I saw my first and second bobcat sighting
yesterday. We have a house in the sierra foothills in Copperopolis
(near Angels Camp). I was going next door to a neighbor's house to
leave a note for the gardener when all of a sudden a bobcat popped up
behind a cement wall, jumped on the wall, paused to look at me, then
scampered away.

Later that same day, I noticed the bobcat again, and this time he had
a rodent in its mouth as he was prancing away with it. He stopped to
look at me again and waited for me to move. I left him alone to his
dinner.

I'm thinking that this is what I heard late at night. We hear all
kinds of animals, especially coyotes, but the other night we heard a
different sound, and I'm now convinced it was the bobcat (after
googling bobcat sounds).

It was very cute actually and didn't seem aggressive at all. Now I
hope I don't see a mountain lion!
Old September 18th 08, 01:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_4_]

"jillian123" wrote in message
[...]

I'm excited for you, but sad for the big cats. They like to live in
obscurity and we are driving them out.

Old September 18th 08, 01:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
LauraM[_2_]

On Sep 17, 5:30*pm, "Cheryl" wrote:
[...]

obscurity and we are driving them out. - Hide quoted text -

I know what you mean. Our golf course is smack dab in the middle of
wilderness area. My domestic cat used to like going onto our deck and
sunning himself. I notice lately he doesn't like to go outside. In
fact, he's scared to go out there. Now I know why!
Old September 18th 08, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

come live where I do I see both Florida panther and bobcats all the time.

I love the bobcat's cry it sounds like a baby

Old September 18th 08, 01:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Sep 17, 8:20 pm, jillian123 wrote:
[...]

We have a bobcat that lives in the wooded area around our condo
complex. I hear him and have seen his tracks many times. We (Bear and
I) have seen his eyes looking at us from the trees. Once I saw him in
daylight. Sometimes Bear reacts very aggressively to what he smells on
bushes. So that's either coyotes or Mr. Bob because Bear loves cats
and other d*gs.

The odd/great thing is that the several indoor/outdoor cats in our
complex have all been here for years and their numbers have not been
diminished. Good Bob.

--
Will in New Haven
"I noticed that in obedience and riding classes , people with training
Old September 18th 08, 02:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

[...]

How delightful!

I'm not familiar with Copperopolis, but I've been to Angels Camp,
California. Is that the one? That's lovely country.

Joy

Old September 18th 08, 02:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
LauraM[_2_]

On Sep 17, 6:05*pm, "Joy" wrote:
[...]

Joy- Hide quoted text -

Yes! Copperopolis is about 15 miles south of Angels Camp on Hwy 4.
We live in a golf community called Saddle Creek. There's another golf
community in Angels Camp called Greenhorn Creek. We love it there.

Where are you from?
Old September 19th 08, 03:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
nik Simpson

jillian123 wrote:

It was very cute actually and didn't seem aggressive at all. Now I
hope I don't see a mountain lion!

It's not the mountain lions you see that you need to worry about ;-)
--
Nik Simpson

Chibi sighting???!!! Cantate Cat anecdotes 25 July 20th 07 03:18 PM
OT - New movie/Bruce Campbell sighting Magic Mood Jeep© Cat anecdotes 14 August 1st 05 04:46 PM
Pale Male (Hawk) Sighting jmcquown Cat anecdotes 1 December 18th 04 03:54 AM
Odessa sighting! Singh Cat anecdotes 33 October 22nd 04 06:31 PM
Shirk Sighting - British Columbia KLC Cat anecdotes 79 July 2nd 04 02:59 AM