Food for flat nosed cat?

Old November 1st 03, 12:46 AM
PawsForThought

From: "MaryL" AKE-OUT-THE-LITTER

"PawsForThought" wrote in message
From: kaeli

I didn't even realize they'd messed up the Siamese so bad until you guys
brought this up. I don't see them much anymore, and the ones I do see
are appleheads. Then I went and looked at the breed page over at cat
fanciers. Damn! They're ugly now!

I have a picture of my childhood Siamese on the second page of my webpage,

very
last picture (only black & white one). You can see she was the

traditional
kind (is this what they call applehead?):

http://community.webshots.com/album/56955940rWhxAe/1

Lauren
________

Yes, Amos was what I refer to as "applehead." And wasn't he beautiful? Why
take a lovely cat like the traditional (applehead) Siamese (or the
traditional Persion) and deliberately breed for extreme characteristics --
replete with health problems?

MaryL

Thanks, Mary Amos was actually a girl. The people we got her from had
already named her before they realized she was a female, so the name just
stuck. The Siamese these days sure look so different. I don't understand why
breeders wouldn't want to keep the original look.

Lauren
________
Old November 1st 03, 01:10 AM
Cheryl

In ,
Karen M. composed with style:

Here's the CF breed profile for the Persian -
http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/profiles/persian.html

Look at the cat pictured, it doesn't even *look* like a freakin'
cat! It
looks like a mogwi or something!!

I've seen that pic of the red-eyed, black one before. I still say it
looks like an owl.

Old November 1st 03, 02:22 AM
Sherry

Look at the cat pictured, it doesn't even *look* like a freakin'
cat! It
looks like a mogwi or something!!

"Open, pansy-like faces?" Gimme a break. Did anyone else pick up on *this*
sentence:: "Playful but never demanding, they love to pose and will drape
themselves in a favorite window or chair, enhancing the decor in much the same
way as a treasured painting." Now, honestly. Who in the world describes a cat
as "enhancing the decor."

Sherry

Old November 1st 03, 02:27 AM
Cheryl

In ,
Sherry composed with style:
Look at the cat pictured, it doesn't even *look* like a freakin'
cat! It
looks like a mogwi or something!!

"Open, pansy-like faces?" Gimme a break. Did anyone else pick up on
*this* sentence:: "Playful but never demanding, they love to pose
and will drape themselves in a favorite window or chair, enhancing
the decor in much the same way as a treasured painting." Now,
honestly. Who in the world describes a cat as "enhancing the decor."

Sherry

That is so wrong. I didn't see that.

Old November 1st 03, 02:27 AM
Cheryl