Ping: Tweed - How is Kitty Farmcat?

Old October 5th 08, 02:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Ping: Tweed - How is Kitty Farmcat?

Did I miss a post about what happened after KFC went to the vet on October
2nd?

Jill

Old October 5th 08, 05:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

Default Tweed - How is Kitty Farmcat?

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Did I miss a post about what happened after KFC went to the vet on October
2nd?

Jill

We would like an update, too.

--
Theresa and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Stinky Forever: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old October 5th 08, 10:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Did I miss a post about what happened after KFC went to the vet on October
2nd?

I updated yesterday in the Kitty Farmcat at TED thread, but here is today's
progress. She's sneezing less than yesterday but she's hardly eating.
It's been cold and rainy today so I lit the woodburner this morning - she's
very happy about that, been snoozing next to it most of the day, all warm
and comfy.
She's back on rehydration fluid again and drinking it well, so hopefully
that will keep her going until her appetite picks up again. I resorted to
hand feeding her tonight and she took a few pieces of chicken, I was a bit
reluctant to start that as (if cats are like dogs on this, and I don't know
if they are) it can be difficult to get them self-feeding again.

Tweed

Old October 6th 08, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Christina Websell wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
Did I miss a post about what happened after KFC went to the vet on October
2nd?

I updated yesterday in the Kitty Farmcat at TED thread, but here is today's
progress. She's sneezing less than yesterday but she's hardly eating.
It's been cold and rainy today so I lit the woodburner this morning - she's
very happy about that, been snoozing next to it most of the day, all warm
and comfy.
She's back on rehydration fluid again and drinking it well, so hopefully
that will keep her going until her appetite picks up again. I resorted to
hand feeding her tonight and she took a few pieces of chicken, I was a bit
reluctant to start that as (if cats are like dogs on this, and I don't know
if they are) it can be difficult to get them self-feeding again.

Tweed

IMHO They do enjoy the extra attention. It is for a good cause, so
please continue pampering her as long as she wants it. Best wishes. MLB

Old October 6th 08, 12:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Did I miss a post about what happened after KFC went to the vet on
October 2nd?

I updated yesterday in the Kitty Farmcat at TED thread, but here is
today's progress. She's sneezing less than yesterday but she's
hardly eating.
It's been cold and rainy today so I lit the woodburner this
morning - she's very happy about that, been snoozing next to it most
of the day, all warm and comfy.
She's back on rehydration fluid again and drinking it well, so
hopefully that will keep her going until her appetite picks up
again. I resorted to hand feeding her tonight and she took a few
pieces of chicken, I was a bit reluctant to start that as (if cats
are like dogs on this, and I don't know if they are) it can be
difficult to get them self-feeding again.

Tweed

Yes it can be a problem with cats too. But what else can you do,
right?

Cats are almost (not quite) on a par with dogs for continuing behavior
that is rewarded with attention.

Jo

Old October 13th 08, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

news

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Exactly.

Cats are almost (not quite) on a par with dogs for continuing behavior
that is rewarded with attention.

I was afraid of that as I know a few people who've got into difficulties
with handfeeding during illness and not being able to get away from it
afterwards. Fortunately KFC has not taken advantage and is back on her one
roast chicken leg a day chopped up into two meals eaten entirely unaided
(although it take her ages) Phew ;-)

Tweed