Tribute to Lillycat

Old October 22nd 08, 12:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Meowmie Carol

Default Tribute to Lillycat

On Oct 21, 8:43*pm, "The Clowder (South)"
wrote:
Meowmie Carol wrote:
She came to us in the spring, 12 years ago. *Her first caretaker had
developed allergies, so a coworker said she would take Lilly. *The
coworker did not like Lilly's meow (which was the sweetest). *Another
coworker took her for a day, but her husband said she could not keep
her.
So, fortune smiled on our home, and the gray and white manx with the
big green eyes joined us. *I knew Lilly was a very special cat one
night when she kept meowing to awaken me. *I was extremely tired, and
did not want to move. *Finally, I realized Lilly would not let me
rest, so I got up and followed her to my daughter's room, where my
daughter was crying.
Lilly would never leave me alone when I was sick, and burrowed her
head in my arm and purred when I was feeling down.
Not that she was purrfect, she was extremely jealous of the other cats
getting my attention.
In addition to being a soomo wrestler extrordinaire ( thi is how she
met her beloved Tinkie-Basil whom she joined at the RB), Lilly was a
true fighter, living a year past the vet's expectations.

The world is a better place for having Lillycat in it.

Meowmie Carol

Lillycat wuz speshul indeeed...an so were *yu* fur seeein dat shee
wuz. *Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs fur her leefing an purrrrrrrrrrrrrrs fur
da sadniss left beehind. *Wee hope da gud memrees, like how shee mayd
shur yu noo yur dotter wantid yu, an how shee wuz a nursekitty wenn yu
felt bad, help heel yur hart.

Mietze wiff effurywun
--
Remove the first m to reply- Hide quoted text -

Fangu, looking at her brick really helps. Sometimes, though, when we
sit on meowmie's lap, we still look over for Lillycat to be glaring at
us. We are sure she would want us to go on an be happy, but we are
not so sure she would want us on meowmie's lap.
TopHat suddenly hears a soft voice "it's okay homeboy, meowmie's lap
was built for cats, and i don't need it anymore, so you and the others
are free to sit there."