Conan Cliff Notes

Old June 19th 05, 07:52 AM
Meghan Noecker

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 18:53:34 GMT, "Philip"
wrote:

I doubt that she trust you either. The actual point was that you are
chastising us for not getting him already, yet you are the only person
in the same city, let alone state.

I offered, and was told you all will do the rescue by yourselves. Maybe you
women are not so organized or reliable.

You don't get it. Your chance to help was before you took him back to
the shelter. You stopped posting and didn't ask us for help. If you
had cared about him, you could have asked for help. We would have
helped you with the vet results and suggested alternatives (like a new
vet). We could have sent money to help with the vet bills. At the very
least, we could have refunded your adoption fee and taken the cat off
your hands, rather then sending him back to the shelter that you
described as a high kill shelter.

You failed to do any of that and waited 3 days after the fact to even
tell us you took him back.

So, you have long since passed the point of being trustworthy. You
already proved that you don't care about him. So, why would we trust
you to help him now? Honestly, you think we should send you money now?
Or give the cat back to you?

That's a nice, sweet, anecdotal story. In real life, cute kittens vs. used
cats. Kittens are much easier to market.

Sure, kittens are more popular. But that doesn't mean that older cats
are hard to adopt out. They just need to be seen and reach the right
audience.

Perhaps you brough this up because you decided you'd rather have a
kitten than an older cat?

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
Old June 19th 05, 07:54 AM
Meghan Noecker

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 18:53:34 GMT, "Philip"
wrote:

You're backing out already.

No, I'm not. Do you think we all should send money before it is
needed?

If Conan gets adopted out without our help, I will donate my money to
the local shelter, the one I adopted Jay Jay from. I have already
volunteered with them, and will again.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
Old June 19th 05, 07:56 AM
Meghan Noecker

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 18:53:34 GMT, "Philip"
wrote:

Look wench, "it's about the cat" .... remember? I like better the idea of
donors posting a copy/paste of their contribution via PayPal You have just
illustrated how trusting the fund manager may be questionable.

Look asshole, I do not normally call people names, but you have
already been told that we do not like the term you are using. You are
well aware of that it is not a current term, and that it does not mean
the same thing that it used to.

I see no problem posting contributions if we get to that stage. You
are jumping the gun. And honestly, I don't see what the big deal is.
Why do *you* need to know who contributes? Most people donate to
something because they care, not because they want the world to know
about it.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
Old June 19th 05, 08:01 AM
Meghan Noecker

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 18:53:35 GMT, "Philip"
wrote:

Meghan. You are reaching .... reeeeeeeeally reaching. But let me ask you,
how often you lie about your age and why? LOL

Never. If somebody wants to judge me as too young or too old, that is
their problem.

I'm 32, and I'll be 33 in August. Big deal. I don't see why that would
be an issue.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
Old June 19th 05, 08:05 AM
Meghan Noecker

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 18:53:36 GMT, "Philip"
wrote:

I was the "owner" and I "relinquished" (surrendered) the cat to the shelter.
So Conan is a known quantity with an ID chip, vaccinations, and temperment.
Can't say all those things about a stray ... now can you!

You were never his owner. Not mentally and not legally. The adoption
was failed. It was never completed. Therefore, you were not the owner.

Granted, they may not understand that and thus called it an owner
surrender, but it is obvious that they did not put down the
information that you would have listed since you think his age was
wrong, and they are obviously listing him at the age that they
determined.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
Old June 19th 05, 08:21 AM
Phil P.

"Philip" wrote in message
ink.net...

I would trust NOTHING the women
on this forum have stated ... NOTHING.

That's probably because the truth bruises your ego too much. You just can't
handle being outwitted by females. Take a look around, asshole, not too
many males agree with you either- the only one who does has the IQ of a
plant.

My vet estimated Conan's age as
3 -
5 years, based on his dental condition.

Guess your vet doesn't know to estimate age, as well as diagnose a URI. Age
is determined by lens reflections and transparency- not teeth. Dental
condition isn't
reliable because its largely determined by the individual cat's oral
chemistry- not age.

Your vet also said Conan had 'something more serious than a URI' and you
should 'cut your losses'. Meanwhile, Conan recovered fully *two* days
later. If the
shelter actually was 'high-kill'- Conan would be dead right now and you and
your incompetent vet would have been responsible for the death of a healthy
cat.

So much for your vet's credibility. Yours was gone the first day you posted
here.

Old June 19th 05, 08:22 AM
Phil P.

"Philip" wrote in message
ink.net...

You spent 18 months figuring out diarrhea. Are you a proctology student?
"YES" is the only acceptable answer.

Acceptable to whom? A half-dead, impassive, decrepit, old turd like you?

She sounds like an honorable caretaker who honored the commitment and
obligation- regardless of what that entailed- that she made to her cat the
day she adopted him. Unlike the spinless coward you are who tucked tail and
ran from the first *minor* problem your cat developed.

Old June 19th 05, 08:22 AM
Phil P.

"Philip" wrote in message
ink.net...

I offered, and was told you all will do the rescue by yourselves.

You had your chance and blew it. Fortunately, the shelter isn't high-kill-
if it was, Conan would be dead by now. You're outta your senile mind if you
think anyone here would ever trust you with a cat's life.

In real life, cute kittens vs. used
cats. Kittens are much easier to market.

That about sums up your mentality and how you value cats.

Old June 19th 05, 09:30 AM
Philip

Rhonda sweetheart, when that book came out, oh 12-13 yrs ago, I gave a copy
to my wife after reading it myself. There IS competition between the women
here (witness the bickering between them) with me being the proverbial bad
guy.

"Rhonda" wrote in message
No, this is not a competition. Get that Mars/Venus book. Men tend to see
things as "one-upmanship." The people here, mostly women, are trying to
save the life of a cat who has had more than his share of bad luck.

Rhonda

Philip wrote:

ANY "trouble" is a result of your own emotions running amok ... and don't
mean only yourself. In this forum, cats are a vehicle for you women to
play one-upmanship and live out emotional dramas with happy endings.
These are facts in evidence that none of you can openly deny.

Old June 19th 05, 09:30 AM
Philip

wrote:

You're backing out already.

No, I'm not. Do you think we all should send money before it is
needed?

If Conan gets adopted out without our help, I will donate my money to
the local shelter, the one I adopted Jay Jay from. I have already
volunteered with them, and will again.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew

Yup, you're backing away slowly and you're making an empty, unverifiable
promise designed to make yourself look better than Mary.