Scientists clone mutant glow-in-the-dark cats

Old December 13th 07, 01:22 PM posted to alt.slack, rec.pets.cats.misc, alt.fan.furry, alt.conspiracy
Modemac

Default Scientists clone mutant glow-in-the-dark cats

http://inventorspot.com/articles/sci...nthedark__9191

That's not flourescent paint or dye - those really are cloned cats
with proteins added to their genetic mixture to make them glow.

--
The High Weirdness Project
http://www.modemac.com
Old December 13th 07, 02:56 PM posted to alt.slack, rec.pets.cats.misc, alt.fan.furry, alt.conspiracy
Pisces

On Dec 13, 7:22 am, Modemac wrote:
http://inventorspot.com/articles/sci...nthedark__9191

That's not flourescent paint or dye - those really are cloned cats
with proteins added to their genetic mixture to make them glow.

--
The High Weirdness Project
http://www.modemac.com

awww

how they gonna hunt for bugs in the dark now?

On the positive side, it makes em easier to see and less likely to be
hit by cars.
Old December 13th 07, 02:57 PM posted to alt.slack, rec.pets.cats.misc, alt.fan.furry, alt.conspiracy
Pisces

http://icanhascheezburger.files.word...-dark-cats.jpg

Old December 14th 07, 12:36 AM posted to alt.slack, rec.pets.cats.misc, alt.fan.furry, alt.conspiracy
Mgr Dry Martini

On 13 Dec, 12:22, Modemac wrote:
http://inventorspot.com/articles/sci...nthedark__9191

That's not flourescent paint or dye - those really are cloned cats
with proteins added to their genetic mixture to make them glow.

--
The High Weirdness Project
http://www.modemac.com

So SOME cats aren't grey in the dark anymore.
Old December 15th 07, 11:40 PM posted to alt.slack,rec.pets.cats.misc,alt.fan.furry,alt.conspiracy
Slime Lowlife

They don't glow so much as fluoresce; that is, under ultraviolet light
they reflect back in the visible part of the spectrum. You'd only see
the effect under black light.

In article
,

Old December 21st 07, 01:46 AM posted to alt.slack, rec.pets.cats.misc, alt.fan.furry, alt.conspiracy
Tom+Gracie+Jenny

Slime Lowlife wrote:
Modemac wrote:
http://inventorspot.com/articles/sci...nthedark__9191

That's not flourescent paint or dye - those really are cloned cats
with proteins added to their genetic mixture to make them glow.

They don't glow so much as fluoresce; that is, under ultraviolet light
they reflect back in the visible part of the spectrum. You'd only see
the effect under black light.

My wife shook me awake in the dark, her nails digging into the flesh
of my arm.
"Honey, I heard a noise!"

Groggily, I ask, "Are the cats in here?"

"How would I know?" she asked. "I can't see them in the dark! Will
you turn them on?"

I reach over and flip the switch. Click! We see two small reddish
cats walking around on the furniture.
They look a little surprised when they start glowing, but then realize
we see them.

"Get OFF the FURNITURE!" my wife yells. They jump to the floor
guiltily, and I flick them off. Click!

Tom the Alien Cat
Old December 21st 07, 06:09 AM posted to alt.slack, rec.pets.cats.misc, alt.fan.furry, alt.conspiracy
Father Haskell

On Dec 20, 7:46 pm, "Tom+Gracie+Jenny" wrote:
Slime Lowlife wrote:
Modemac wrote:
[...]

Yes, but your cats glow green. It's the neighbors' cats who
glow red.
Old December 21st 07, 06:28 AM posted to alt.slack, rec.pets.cats.misc, alt.fan.furry, alt.conspiracy
Don Stockbauer

Slime Lowlife wrote:
Modemac wrote:
[...]

Glow in the dark cats would be a great boon to me (as if you guys give
a rats ass about me, anyway). You see, sometimes I wake up at night
having to **** real bad and if it's really dark I'll get lost back in
a corner and panic and the urge to pee is so strong that I have to go
right there on the floor and clean it up in the morning when God's
blessed sunlight fills the room. Now, a couple of glow in the dark
cats would helput a whole lot.

- True confessions of a Texas Pecan Rancher (the TPR system).

- I love you all.

- Mongrel dog soils actor's foot.
Old December 21st 07, 06:57 AM posted to alt.slack, rec.pets.cats.misc, alt.fan.furry, alt.conspiracy
Father Haskell

Slime Lowlife wrote:
Modemac wrote:
[...]

For that, you want seeing eye cats.
Old December 21st 07, 07:18 AM posted to alt.slack, rec.pets.cats.misc, alt.fan.furry, alt.conspiracy
Bill Marcum

["Followup-To:" header set to alt.fan.furry.]

Slime Lowlife wrote:
Modemac wrote:
[...]

Or a glow in the dark toilet.