Silent purring

Old March 2nd 09, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

Default Silent purring

http://www.fabcats.org/cat_group/pol...ents/toxo.html
And from that link
infection with T gondii rarely causes disease in cats
So I'm guessing if KFC wants raw pork, KFC will get raw pork.

And a 20-year-old cat has probably had it already.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old March 2nd 09, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Aggie Marble does something that is funny to see, more so because she is
such a serious cat. She meows and yawns at the same tiime. Funny face,
funny sound.
Charleen

wrote in message
Baird Stafford wrote:

Wait until you hear somebody try to speak, purr and eat, all at the same
time.....

Smudge often purrs while eating, and the sound gets amplified in her open
mouth.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old March 3rd 09, 04:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Charleen Welton" wrote:
Aggie Marble does something that is funny to see, more so because she is
such a serious cat. She meows and yawns at the same tiime. Funny face,
funny sound.
Charleen

Is the meow-yawn like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gSfPQqi6nI

Buster does this thing where he stifles his yawn for a long time, so
that he has a funny expression with a half-open mouth for about a
minute before he finally yawns.
Old March 3rd 09, 10:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Takayuki wrote:

Buster does this thing where he stifles his yawn for a long time, so
that he has a funny expression with a half-open mouth for about a
minute before he finally yawns.

Is he trying not to be rude to you (or Dot)?

--
Joyce ^..^

Old March 3rd 09, 04:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Tak, that cat looks just like Victor Velcro! Aggie Marble yawns and meows
at the very same time, no pause in between. It would be neat to see a
picture of a cat even her, if I could get one, doing that.
Charleen

Old March 3rd 09, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Jofirey" wrote in message

"Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote in message
She had minced raw pork tonight and purred. Thank Bast, with
encouragement she ate it all.
Raw pork? Not good for cats or any other animal. Too much risk
of parasites. Unwholesome.
True if you are in the US (possibly). Not the same problem in Great
Brittan. Trichinosis is a Western Hemisphere problem.

Wrong risk. The problem with feeding raw pork to cats is toxoplasmosis,
which is a lot more serious (both for the cat and for any human it goes
on to infect). Pork is not the only meat that can host the toxoplasma
eggs. But to keep it in proportion:

http://www.fabcats.org/cat_group/pol...ents/toxo.html

And from that link

infection with T gondii rarely causes disease in cats

So I'm guessing if KFC wants raw pork, KFC will get raw pork.

You are correct. There is no danger to her from raw pork in the UK.
There is more danger of her dying through lack of appetite now, to be
honest, than from anything I might feed her.
She is allowed to have anything she fancies, TED says the days of worrying
what might be good for her long term health are long gone.
She can have anything she would like as far as I'm concerned. Caviar even.
I just wish she would tell me a day beforehand where her appetite will take
her so I can get the right thing.
Roast chicken, her staple diet for a year or so, is out, more out than a
brick-sized mobile phone.
Minced pork, well it was OK for a couple of days. I cooked the rest for
myself in a fajita.
Today she likes to eat steak mince and she wants me to sit beside her while
she eats. I knew this was coming, I've read the CRF forums.
If I go away to get my breakfast she looks up and stops eating. She
needs/wants me to encourage her by supervising and ensuring that if she
flattens her mince on the dish I will pile it up in a pyramid so she can eat
it again. Which I will do. but it takes her half an hour to eat it and I do
not have that time to spare in the morning. I have 5 huts of chickens &
Francis Drake to attend to before I go to work.
So at 5 pm she is well supervised, encouraged to eat. Sometimes she gets
distracted but if I fluff up her food with my fingers and croon she'll eat
it all.
I now stay up until 12-1 am to give her another feed. It often works well
but I'm so tired for work the next day.
Kitty Farmcat deserves it.
So many years of living outside, sleeping in my toolshed and eating mice.

Tweed