Cat in heat?

Old December 17th 03, 11:21 PM
.oO rach Oo.

Default Cat in heat?

My fiancé and I recently adopted two kittens... one aged 8 weeks (approx)
and one age 7 months (approx). The 7 month old seems to be displaying signs
of being in heat. They just had a check up and were in perfect health so it
was the only reason we could think of as to her behaviour of sticking her
butt in the air, more vocal behaviour and rubbing things. Is this about the
age they go in heat or is it too early? Could she be older than we think?

TIA

--
rach

"Hipsters - UNITE!"

Old December 17th 03, 11:40 PM
Cathy Friedmann

Definitely sounds like a heat. Nope, 7 months is not too early - they can
go into heat even earlier. Go ahead & make a spay appt. for her.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

Old December 17th 03, 11:51 PM
.oO rach Oo.

Thanks Cathy... it's breaking our hearts to hear her meows and see her not
being herself. She is usually a very quiet cat.

--
rach

"Hipsters - UNITE!"

Old December 18th 03, 03:37 AM
Dennis Carr

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 18:21:32 -0500, .oO rach Oo. wrote:

My fiancé and I recently adopted two kittens... one aged 8 weeks (approx)
and one age 7 months (approx). The 7 month old seems to be displaying signs
of being in heat. They just had a check up and were in perfect health
so it was the only reason we could think of as to her behaviour of
sticking her butt in the air, more vocal behaviour and rubbing things.

Somebody wants some. =O.o=

Is this about the age they go in heat or is it too early? Could she be
older than we think?

Cats can go into heat as early as six months. Sometimes a bit earlier,
but we've never had earlier than six months in our girls.

Unless she's for breeding, I encourage you to get her spayed.

--
Dennis Carr - | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.