OT Babies and me update

Old September 8th 05, 08:32 AM
Snittens

Default OT Babies and me update

Hello,

Finally have some time to read this newsgroup! I'm in the nursery on the
laptop feeding a baby with one hand and typing with the other.

Ainsley is home and doing very well. She has been gaining weight steadily
and her muscle tone seems to be improving. She is still a bit scrawny, but
I'm sure she will plump up soon I have to say that Ainsley is easier to
medicate than a cat!
Beatrix is great. She's getting bigger every day it seems. She does have
some bouts of fussiness, but other than that, no problems.

Of course it's been a big adjustment having two babies in the house. It's
really hard when both cry and I'm the only one here. We are fortunate that
my husband was able to take some extra time off, but he goes back to work
next week, that's going to be the real challenge! BTW Charlie, he loves
being home with the babies and does not want to go back to work.

The cats have been doing OK with the babies for the most part. Bartleby got
stressed out though and got a urinary blockage. I think it was more because
of the visitors in and out of the house, plus my mom stayed with us for two
weeks, and the change in the routine. He spent a few days at the vet's but
he's fine now, doesn't seem bothered by the babies at all.

Here's some recent pics:
http://downtime.shutterfly.com/index...id=8MZNWrdozc1
Shutterfly says it's down right now, but hopefully it's back up by the time
you all see this. Ainsley does look kind of jaundice in some of the pics,
but her color is almost normal now.

-Kelly

Old September 8th 05, 08:46 AM

Snittens wrote:
Hello,

Finally have some time to read this newsgroup! I'm in the nursery on the
laptop feeding a baby with one hand and typing with the other.

snip

Glad to see you posting again!

Life altering, isn't it? "Mommy" is the hardest and best job you
will ever have.

I am so happy the girls are home and doing so well. I am also so
pleased that Bartleby came through ok. I was worried there for awhile.
Sorry I haven't emailed more - I am swamped as well. Been thinking
about ya and hoping all was well with your sweet family!

hugs,
-Lyn
(posting from my gmail account)

Old September 11th 05, 04:20 AM
Rhonda

Hi Kelly,

I haven't been able to see the pictures yet, but will keep trying.

I'm very glad both babes are doing well. What a scare with Ainsley. I
wonder if she is going to be a drama queen?

Hope everything is settling down, and that you are able to get some
sleep now and then.

Rhonda