If we ever needed purrs

Old March 5th 07, 01:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Default Almost a disaster

And we now have another problem a cute but somewhat annoying and dangerous
problem...

Since Dave nearly went out on Friday, Dunzi won't leave him alone. She parks
herself by the chair (He's having problems moving because he doesn't want to
run her over) and as soon as he manages to leave the room, she follows him
and watches him. He says it's quite off-putting when he's in the toilet and
she perches on the wash basin and stares at him intently. He said it wasn't
as if he could climb out of the bathroom window and I reminded him that Dunzi
has done just that so perhaps she thinks if she can do it..you can!

She's just worried that if he goes away again it will another 4 months before
he comes back but what she is going to be like when we do start going out
again (IF we do...seems we;'ll have to get past Dunzi on guard duty!)?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old March 5th 07, 02:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Lesley via CatKB.com wrote:
[...]

Poor Dunzi, she doesn't understand.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old March 7th 07, 01:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Adrian A wrote:

Poor Dunzi, she doesn't understand.

Neither of them do. Dave is now finding it difficult to move around the flat
because they seem to be taking it in turns to throw themselves in front of
the chair. He's tried to get them to jump on his lap but they won't and he
can't bend down to reach them

Does anyone have any idea how to stop them from doing this? There's been at
least one or two near misses including Dunzi's head on one occasion. Indeed
both have run off after getting a foot or a tail too near the wheels for
comfort but it doesn't seem to have stopped them in the persistent
determination to stop Paw moving.

Are they too old for a squirt bottle?

Mind you, Sarsi used to drink out of that, you'd aim at her and she'd catch
the drops as if to say "Thanks very much, I'm too busy being naughty to go to
my dish but all this being evil is thirsty worK!"

Old March 9th 07, 09:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Well the problem with the cats hanging around the chair seems to have settled
down but Dunzi's got a new career! She's taken up physiotherapy!

Yesterday as Dave was walking round the flat (He's getting there, they reckon
another week or two and he might not even need a new chair!) Dunzi walked
into the hallway and waited where he has to turn round. When he stopped for a
moment, she started meeping at him as if to say "Come on!". When he turned
round she walked into front of him, keeping her eye on him all the time and
uttering encouraging little "meeps"

(Sarsi of course watched the whole thing with an expression that suggested
she thought everyone was mad)

He did this three times and she supervised him every bit of the way

Today he's going to try the stairs again, fingers crossed- he could do it and
then when he got so badly stuck a week last Tuesday it's become a mountain in
his mind

Old March 13th 07, 09:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Well the stairs are still a problem- we're waiting for the OT team to install
a side rail so he can get down and up at the widest point of the steps on the
corner. They're coming round tomorrow to do that possibly and also to
introduce him to the joys of the bath board- he's trying to convince them
that he wears his clothes in the bath ("Honest it saves on washing powder"-
believe it or not that's what he said to them!) because they are young women
and want to see him take a bath in the nude. They are not falling for it and
he's nervous about it.

The footwear people have surrendered and this time, they are coming to see
him, of course they'll be there any time from 9.30-12.00 and don't yet
realise he can't get downstairs to let them in....He has to see them as no-
one will let him take off those hideous plastic clog things he's wearing, one
of which has no heel and is half an inch higher than the other,.

The good news is that he can (with me close by with the frame just in case
but he hasn't needed it yet) now walk unaided from the living room to the
toilet and the kitchen and back and he's getting faster at it, yesterday, he
almost was at normal walking speed

So it's getting there

Old March 13th 07, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

Hooray for Dave!!!!!

Mega purrs and hugs for continued improvement!

Old March 14th 07, 02:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sam

Lesley via CatKB.com wrote:
[...]

Way to go, Dave! Tell the OT team you'll strip for the bath if they will
Old March 14th 07, 12:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

sam wrote:

Way to go, Dave! Tell the OT team you'll strip for the bath if they will

Thanks for that Sam! I've passed the suggestion onto him it'll be interesting
to see what he says
(or what they say but I suspect in the unlikely event of their saying "yes"
he won't tell me about what happens)

He's got a couple of busy days in front of him, The OT today and Katie's
bringing her boss (Steve) round to see him tomorrow, looks like Dunzi is
going to be busy being cute for the next few days. Yesterday, one of the
nurses came in and she started looking round the flat, Dave wondered why she
was doing it, looked as if she was snooping, turned out, of course, she
wanted to see Dunzi

Old March 15th 07, 10:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

sam wrote:
Way to go, Dave! Tell the OT team you'll strip for the bath if they will

He did and it could be said work because he didn't get a bath but that may be
because they and we now realise he can't get low enough to get into the bath.
They're going to install a couple of rails along with a bannister the length
of the stairs down to the front door on the other side of the wall so he can
master the stairs. (Although Katie and Steve are coming this afternoon to try
and get him on the stairs without it- he can get down but he's worried about
getting up after the last time)

I have a feeling if they could get him low enough in the bath, if he's
protested that would have ripped his clothes off. Some of these people are
very bossy (And some are deaf when it comes to Dave expressing an opinion, he
has one who is so rough with his feet that they hurt for 2-3 days afterwards
and it hinders his physio and he's tried to ask the guy to be gentle but the
guy just nods and then from his actions it's clear he hasn't taken it on
board- the guy is also "concerned" because Dave doesn't shave every day- yes
the NHS has in it for beards!)

And the footwear service have sent an appointment to the wrong clinic!

Old March 15th 07, 03:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Well he did the stairs! Bit slow going up but not too bad!

Katie and Steve are well impressed with his progress...so well impressed they
are making arrangements for his chair to be returned

Steve hasn't seen him for 6 weeks ie since he left hospital and could not
believe how well he is doing! Steve reckons a few more weeks and he will be
getting about pretty well including going out of the house

Only hassle is because of paperwork he can only have the physio team he's got
for another week or so (and he isn't even supposed to have them that long),
which means a whole new team of people. Still someone new to be charmed by
Dunzi (Dave gets the impression that some of the team are going to be more
sad to say "bye" to her than him- she's been getting quite her own little fan
club going...)