USB Sound Card

Old December 10th 03, 05:55 AM
One Two

Default USB Sound Card

I am not the one you pinged,
but here's a pong btw:

SoundBlaster Extigy USB card appears pretty good.
Should run in any computer with a USB port.
Probably sold in most places, even office supply stores.

It's a bit pricey, over $100 but has good specs
for most purposes. Just buy it where you can return
it if you're not happy or it doesn't do whatever
you are expecting it to do.

If your computer is on the slow side, a bit retarded
like mine, and you have too much running, then
the USB sound card will cackle a bit when it
chomps down on the CPU:
a sort of electronic hiss-spit with gremlims
Old December 11th 03, 03:31 AM
Stacey

Thanks, everyone who answered my query. Fortunately, DH got a B I G bonus
today so we're going out and EACH getting a new computer!!!! Woohoo.

Stacey

om...

Old December 13th 03, 02:05 PM
SUQKRT

In article , "Stacey"
wrote:

Thanks, everyone who answered my query. Fortunately, DH got a B I G bonus
today so we're going out and EACH getting a new computer!!!! Woohoo.

Stacey

Wow that is a nice bonus. What type of 'puters are you getting.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

I've learned to not sweat the petty things, and not pet the sweaty things.

Old December 14th 03, 02:27 PM
Stacey

"SUQKRT" wrote
SNIP Wow that is a nice bonus. What type of 'puters are you getting.
Suz

SNIP

We both got Intel Celeron 2.6 GHZ, 80GB HD, 512MB ram w/ DVD and CDRW
drives! We haven't stepped away from them since. LOL.

Stacey

Old December 15th 03, 12:38 PM
Adrian

Stacey wrote:
"SUQKRT" wrote
SNIP Wow that is a nice bonus. What type of 'puters are you getting.
Suz

SNIP

We both got Intel Celeron 2.6 GHZ, 80GB HD, 512MB ram w/ DVD and CDRW
drives! We haven't stepped away from them since. LOL.

Stacey

Are they networked? I find it usefull to back-up important files (like cat
pictures) to another computer. If they're both fitted with network cards or
onboard networking all you need is a crossover cable.
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.

Old December 15th 03, 11:01 PM
Stacey

Hiya - yep, we're networked, and eventually DH wants to set up a VPN or
something using the three "old" computers.. he made me buy three network
cables but so far they are still in the package. LOL.

Stacey

Old December 16th 03, 01:55 PM
SUQKRT

In article , "Stacey"
wrote:

"SUQKRT" wrote
SNIP Wow that is a nice bonus. What type of 'puters are you getting.
Suz

SNIP

We both got Intel Celeron 2.6 GHZ, 80GB HD, 512MB ram w/ DVD and CDRW
drives! We haven't stepped away from them since. LOL.

Stacey

Sounds great I envy the DVD feature. I'd love that.

Old December 16th 03, 04:02 PM
Adrian

Stacey wrote:
Hiya - yep, we're networked, and eventually DH wants to set up a VPN
or something using the three "old" computers.. he made me buy three
network cables but so far they are still in the package. LOL.

Stacey

Ooh!! all those cables for the cats to play with.:-)