He shall not be moved

Old July 14th 04, 02:58 PM
Kreisleriana

Default He shall not be moved

As Stinky told you all, we are having painting and work done in the
house. Just about everything upstairs was moved temporarily
downstairs, and it looks like that famous last dolly scene in "Citizen
Kane." :P Boxes, crates and junk as far as the eye can see. Stinky
had to sniff everything and walk around and on everything, of course
-- you know the rule where if something is moved to another place, you
have to make sure it didn't also turn into something else?

Well, what I call Stinky's "Command Center" is a big daybed I have in
the living room. He loves it, and spends a lot of the day rolling
around on it, lying on his back, waving his paws around, doing
"upside-downy head" and other cutenesses. Well, after he finished his
inspection, he retired to his "throne" to pass his day in his usual
cute imperturbability, surrounded by absolute chaos.

Well, today, the upstairs is done, and the downstairs is being
painted. So early this morning, we moved stuff out of the living
room, and covered other stuff with dropcloths. Stinky sat on the edge
of the daybed, watching us indulgently. He can watch you work all
day. The daybed is a double thing-- there's another bed underneath
that pops up, and goes beside the main one, and it was open. Stinky
particularly likes the wide open spaces.

So I had to close this up, and lowered the second bed, which Stinky
was on-- to slide it under-- and he just sat right there, bemused,
like it was an interesting ride. I slid the bed almost all the way
under, and he stayed right on his spot, just flicking an ear. So I
worked around him-- moving stuff out of the room, covering stuff, and
he continued to watch me undisturbed. I mean he probably should have
been disturbed, but he wasn't. When I finally did close the bed, he
just hopped to the top mattress, and resumed his position-- a very
relaxed one-- there. I pushed the whole thing to the middle of the
room to cover it with dropcloths. Whee, this is fun, Mommy. He
was now in the center of a room, in the center of a wide, empty bed,
while we were knocking ourselves out, and he was loving it. He was
stretched out to the max, stretching both sets of paws out east and
west. None of this gave him the slightest inkling that he should have
moved.
My (RB) Mimi would have been out of there and down the basement at the
first hint of disruption of her life, and pretty PO'd at us, too. I
felt bad, but I finally had to remove Stinky from the bed-- otherwise
I would have had to cover him with a dropcloth and let the painters
paint around him.

Theresa

Old July 15th 04, 07:24 PM
SUQKRT

In article , Kreisleriana
wrote:

[...]

I love your Stinky stories he's quite the kitty. Its wonderful that he's still
playful at 13.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Waiting for inspiration. Please hold while I contemplate my navel.

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")

Old July 15th 04, 07:24 PM
SUQKRT

In article , Kreisleriana
wrote:

[...]

Latest Crackles Update (appt moved up) Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 2 July 12th 04 01:37 PM
We've finally moved :-) Kate Cat anecdotes 2 February 10th 04 07:00 PM
Friendship John Biltz Cat anecdotes 5 December 20th 03 05:26 AM
HazelAZ Yoj Cat anecdotes 70 November 19th 03 05:59 AM