New Littermaid

Old December 23rd 07, 10:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default New Littermaid

I know several of the folks here have talked about
self-cleaning litterboxes, but I wasn't paying much
attention, because I thought they were too expensive, so
didn't expect to have one. However, I (we?) just received a
Littermaid from my brother for Christmas, so now I'm
interested to know your opinions of them. Do your cats use
them? Are they likely to scare the cat by "sweeping" while
a cat is using one? Any suggestions/advice for a new owner?

Thanks for your input.

Evelyn
Old December 24th 07, 01:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-12-23 16:59:57 -0600, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
said:

I know several of the folks here have talked about self-cleaning
litterboxes, but I wasn't paying much attention, because I thought they
were too expensive, so didn't expect to have one. However, I (we?)
just received a Littermaid from my brother for Christmas, so now I'm
interested to know your opinions of them. Do your cats use them? Are
they likely to scare the cat by "sweeping" while a cat is using one?
Any suggestions/advice for a new owner?

Thanks for your input.

Evelyn

I think you should leave it out without having it on for some time so
they get used to it. I know a lot of people who really like them. I've
never seen one in action.

Old December 24th 07, 02:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sam

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
I know several of the folks here have talked about self-cleaning
litterboxes, but I wasn't paying much attention, because I thought they
were too expensive, so didn't expect to have one. However, I (we?) just
received a Littermaid from my brother for Christmas, so now I'm
interested to know your opinions of them. Do your cats use them? Are
they likely to scare the cat by "sweeping" while a cat is using one?
Any suggestions/advice for a new owner?

Thanks for your input.

Evelyn

We had a LitterMaid for years until it finally wore out. Two cats then,
both used it fine. It's got a sensor so it won't start sweeping while a
cat it using it. Seems to work since we never knew of an instance of
that happening. You do have to use a good grade of non-clumping litter
and keep an eye on the fill level of the catch box. And occasionally,
you have to take it apart and clean the entire unit. But overall, we
liked it.

We now have a PetMate version of the LitterMaid and don't care for it
much. It's effective but you have to line the catch tray with little
bags available only from a store that sells PetMate refills - no more
using a self-disposable catch box like LitterMaid. When this one goes
to "the great litterbox in the sky", we'll get another genuine LitterMaid.

Sam
Old December 24th 07, 05:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

sam wrote:

Evelyn

We had a LitterMaid for years until it finally wore out. Two cats then,
both used it fine. It's got a sensor so it won't start sweeping while a
cat it using it. Seems to work since we never knew of an instance of
that happening. You do have to use a good grade of non-clumping litter
and keep an eye on the fill level of the catch box. And occasionally,
you have to take it apart and clean the entire unit. But overall, we
liked it.

Do you really mean "non-clumping" litter? The directions
say to use the sort that clumps! Littermaid even sells a
premium clumping litter for use with the box.

Old December 25th 07, 06:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sam

sam wrote:

Do you really mean "non-clumping" litter? The directions say to use the
sort that clumps! Littermaid even sells a premium clumping litter for
use with the box.

Sam

Oops! You're right. I don't know what I was thinking. No clump, poor
effect. BTW, have you seen my brain? I seem to have misplaced it.

Sam
Old December 26th 07, 05:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 25 Dec, 10:09, sam wrote:

*BTW, have you seen my brain? *I seem to have misplaced it.

Been getting into the festive drinks early? Never mind when the
festive insanity dies down you'll find your brain again along with
everyone else- just make sure you don't pick up the wrong brain! (I'm
having a bit of a party tonight with some friends so it's a
possibilty)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs