Mosey and Tabitha's wedwink

Old September 20th 08, 02:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Samuel Redcat Mahoney

Default Mosey and Tabitha's wedwink

[Setting: Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve, on the beach. A dense, lush
forest surrounds a beautiful sandy beach. The beach extends to the
north and south, and the strand of beach is perhaps 40 yards wide at
this point. Birds sing in the trees, beautiful fragrant flowers thrive
along the edge of the forest, and a soft, gentle breeze causes the
canopies of the tree to rustle softly. When birds fly overhead they are
seen to have brightly colored plumage.

A handful of weathered remnants of ancient volcanic flows lift a few
feet above the sand. Just inside the tree line the air shimmers softly
as a small cat-sized truck appears. The orange tabby at the wheel
drives out on to the sand and parks, then hops out and begins unloading
supplies. He sets up a white formal arch a few feet from the high tide
line, then begins placing pillows and cushions around the beach and on
top of the rocks. He then picks up a small radio and meows into it:]

Ranger, this is Sammy. I need some help getting the tables set up.

[The radio squawks out a reply, and an energetic gray kitty comes
bounding out of the shimmer of the teleporter. He spots Sam and the
truck and races in that direction. He fails to notice a long vine just
under the surface of the sand, so the vine catches his paw and trips
him. He curls into a fuzzy gray ball and rolls to the rear of the truck,
where he bumps against a tire and finally stops. As he stumbles to his
feet Sam laughs and offers him a steadying paw.]

Here, hold on to me. Let's sit you down a minute until your head stops
spinning. We're not in a hurry, Ranger, there's really no need to be
running. Even so, let's remember to rake the areas the kitties will be
so we can either remove or mark the hidden vines.

[After Ranger rests for a moment they get to work carrying tables from
the back of the truck to shady areas on the grass. They set up banquet
tables, a table for the guest book, and a table to hold flower leis.
Once that is complete Ranger sets up tall golden urns that will serve as
flower vases. Sammy sets to work wrapping the arch with ivy vines and
placing beautiful orchids among the vines. Once the orchids are in place
he weaves in beautiful red and white roses as well. When he is finished
he sees that Ranger has placed a flower lei atop each of the cushions
and is now busy raking the sand in the areas where kitties are likely to
walk. In several places he has wrapped garlands of tea roses around
large vines just beneath the surface of the sand. Sammy congratulates
Ranger on his clever technique for marking the tripping hazards, then
the two of them fetch a roll of red carpet from the truck and put it in
place, running from the edge of the forest to the arch. ]

Well, Ranger, I think we're ready. All we need now is for the guests to
arrive. The caterer will be here soon with the food, and the guests
ought to start arriving soon after that.

The Lady caterer arrives, sees the lovely set-up, and congratulates the
guys on the good job they did in setting things up. She then goes to
work setting up the food and wines. Under her breath she can be heard
saying "nice place". She asks "Can you guys give me a hand with this
stuff?" Sammy and Ranger happily help the nice Lady who has all the
yummies.

She spreads the buffet table with a red lace tablecloth, puts out
stacks of the good China with kitty patterns, sets out the good
silverware, red linen napkins, crystal champagne glasses and a champagne
fountain shaped like the bride and groom. She then sets out platters and
bowls of fuds.

"You two kitties dat are so heppful, would you help me one more time? I
has a big ice sculpture to bring in." Sammy brings around a motorized
cart and he and Ranger load up the ice sculpture, Sammy drives it around
to a shaded table with a cooler unit under it, then he and Ranger unload
it and position as requested by the caterer.

"Fangu furry mutch guyz, Ez mayed uff dry ise sew et wunt melt so fast.
We gots nip wine, nip beer, a bowl uff dry nip for seasoning, bottled
wadder, punch, oysters, tiny crab cakes, salads, yogurts, cheeses,
breads, crackers prepared by mineownself, salt, peppers... I fink we'z
got enuf here. And dis spread looks purrty good. Fangu again fur your
help."

Sammy replies "Youz welcome". He then whispers to Ranger "hurself is 72
yeers old n haz been doing this forever".

Then she goes to work on setting up the wedding cake table.

She puts out small china cake plates, forks, red linen napkins, the cake
cutting knife with the ribbon, and a silver cake server. She hears a
choir of yellow birdies softly singing, and smiles.

She tells them they sing sweetly and meows at them "don't you even think
of adding any more 'frosting' to my cake, dear little birdies" .

The table for the wedwink presents is covered with a Kliban tablecloth
(the one where the cat has a red kiss on his cheek) and is surrounded
with red mylar balloons. Shiny confetti is sprinkled around it.
Old September 20th 08, 03:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

On Sep 20, 9:42 am, Samuel Redcat Mahoney wrote:
[...]

A porter twinkles and Missy, Maggy May, Sunrise, WooToo and Wascal
come through

The ladees are wearing beautiful hats and carrying some flowers.
Wascal is in his usual tuxedo, the one he was born with, and a smart
beret. All are carrying their bags of birdseed and small wrapped
presents.

Maggy May: Do yoo need enny hep?

--
Will in New Haven

"Got out of town on a boat to the southern islands.
Sailing a reach before a followin' sea.
She was makin' for the trades on the outside,
And the downhill run to Papeete."
Stephen Stills, Rick Curtis and Michael Curtis - “Southern Cross”
Old September 20th 08, 04:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Harri Roadcat

A porter twinkles and Missy, Maggy May, Sunrise, WooToo and Wascal
come through

The ladees are wearing beautiful hats and carrying some flowers.
Wascal is in his usual tuxedo, the one he was born with, and a smart
beret. All are carrying their bags of birdseed and small wrapped
presents.

Maggy May: Do yoo need enny hep?

Hello, kitties. Welcome to Tabifa Fluffybutt's wedwink. Here is leis fur
each of you. Missy, here is a red one fur you. Wascal, would you like
dis white one? Maggy May, here is a yellow one. Sunrise, Wootoo, here
are a couple of mixed color ones. Please hep yourselves to da
comfortable cushions.

Harri
Old September 20th 08, 05:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_4_]

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 08:42:11 -0500, Samuel Redcat Mahoney's nimble,
little paws typed:

The table for the wedwink presents is covered with a Kliban tablecloth
(the one where the cat has a red kiss on his cheek) and is surrounded
with red mylar balloons. Shiny confetti is sprinkled around it.

[Another 'porter twinkles, and Anaïs walks out] "Meow gize! I iz
heer!
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

little, the cats become its visible soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

9/20/2008 12:26:22 PM
Old September 20th 08, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

O T who has accompanited Harri goes to the corner of the treeline. A porter
twinkles and out come Piglet and Willow. Lewi will be along later, he has
gone to excort his wife/kitty.

Oh my, this is indeed a lovery setting Willow whispers to Piglet. Kan u
magine all da work dat went into diz?

Willow spots WooToo and Maggy May, "Iz der anyfing we kan do ta help duz u
fink?

Old September 20th 08, 07:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Booker

'nother porter twinklez an a bunch of black and white furs stumble out.
Snowflake hurridly tryz to smooth out Chappy's furz an keep the boyz
frum fussin.

We'ze here! Werez da table fur da prezzies?

Booker, Chappy an Snowflake

Samuel Redcat Mahoney wrote:
[Setting: Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve, on the beach. A dense, lush
forest surrounds a beautiful sandy beach. The beach extends to the
north and south, and the strand of beach is perhaps 40 yards wide at
this point. Birds sing in the trees, beautiful fragrant flowers thrive
along the edge of the forest, and a soft, gentle breeze causes the
canopies of the tree to rustle softly. When birds fly overhead they are
seen to have brightly colored plumage.

gently shredded...
Old September 20th 08, 08:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_3_] Mosey =^..^=[_3_] is offline
Banned

"Mme. Anaïs ^..^" On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 08:42:11 -0500,

[Another 'porter twinkles, and Anaïs walks out] "Meow gize! I iz
heer!
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

Gudgud, gnow yew kan greet da gests n gib dem da birdseed.
I love da lei yew r wearing, et goes nisely wiff yer outfit.
Wuv is in da air
Mosey

"I love cats because I take pleasure in my home; and little by

Old September 20th 08, 08:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_3_] Mosey =^..^=[_3_] is offline
Banned

"Booker" ...
'nother porter twinklez an a bunch of black and white furs stumble out.
Snowflake hurridly tryz to smooth out Chappy's furz an keep the boyz frum
fussin.

We'ze here! Werez da table fur da prezzies?

Booker, Chappy an Snowflake

We are sew gwad yew cud make et

Old September 20th 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_3_] Mosey =^..^=[_3_] is offline
Banned

[...]

Fangu yew awl fur comin tew our winking.
Maggy May, cood yew pweeze axe da cake laydee to save da top layer in da
freezer for me n Tabitha tew eet onna our furst annibersary? I forgot bout
dat.
Yoo ladies wook bootiful. Woo Too, my neffew n Bestest Man Pookie is also
wearing hizown tuxedo too.
Sit annywere yew yew would wike, n visit wiff eech other.

Mosey
--nervus

Old September 20th 08, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_3_] Mosey =^..^=[_3_] is offline
Banned

"Harri Roadcat"
A porter twinkles and Missy, Maggy May, Sunrise, WooToo and Wascal
come through

The ladees are wearing beautiful hats and carrying some flowers.
Wascal is in his usual tuxedo, the one he was born with, and a smart
beret. All are carrying their bags of birdseed and small wrapped
presents.

Maggy May: Do yoo need enny hep?

Hello, kitties. Welcome to Tabifa Fluffybutt's wedwink. Here is leis fur
each of you. Missy, here is a red one fur you. Wascal, would you like
dis white one? Maggy May, here is a yellow one. Sunrise, Wootoo, here
are a couple of mixed color ones. Please hep yourselves to da
comfortable cushions.

Harri

Fangu Harri sew mutch fur helping wif awl dis. Tabitha n I hab a speshul
pressy tew gif yew at da Rexpection, sum live flutterbys fur yew tew
chase..but tayke dem home wif yew after, tew play wiff.
Dey iz inna speshul box rite gnow.

Mosey
--nervus

Here I am, a pix uf Mosey Mosey =^. .^= Cat community 85 May 1st 08 03:52 AM
Here I am, a pix uf Mosey Cory[_2_] Cat community 0 April 23rd 08 04:20 AM
Mosey Kyla =^..^= Cat anecdotes 2 March 30th 08 10:18 PM
Mosey Says: Kyla =^..^= Cat anecdotes 8 March 19th 08 06:55 PM
Hey Mosey Will in New Haven Cat community 2 March 16th 08 12:50 AM