Fireworks Ban [Partly OT]

Old December 30th 05, 04:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Fireworks Ban [Partly OT]

Some of you may have heard that we're having problems with brush fires here
in Texas. The governor has likened the state to a "tinder box" because it
has been so dry for so long. They speculate that the cause of the brush
fires are people ignoring the burn ban.

Because of this aerial fireworks have been banned in Harris county (Houston
and surrounding areas), and all adjacent counties. I'm *REALLY* hoping that
people obey this ban, but just in case we're going to soak our roof down
with a hose tomorrow night. [I've never liked the simple "bang" type
firecrackers (Black Cats and Cherry Bombs), although I like to watch a
choreographed fireworks display.]

The girls are also hoping that they won't have to be disturbed by all that
whistling and banging outside their house.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 30th 05, 04:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I live in north Texas, and I work with several people from a couple of fire
areas, I won't find out until Tues. how they are doing. I saw the smoke from
one before I found out about all of them. I live in the country and we have
cracks in the ground you could fall in. Who would be stupid enough to burn
in 25 mile an hour winds even if the burn ban wasn't on????

Head butt to you and yours, Lisa.

Old December 30th 05, 04:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Don & Lisa" wrote in message
t...
I live in north Texas, and I work with several people from a couple of fire
areas, I won't find out until Tues. how they are doing. I saw the smoke
from one before I found out about all of them. I live in the country and we
have cracks in the ground you could fall in. Who would be stupid enough to
burn in 25 mile an hour winds even if the burn ban wasn't on????

Head butt to you and yours, Lisa.

Just like I've learned not to ask "How can it get any worse?", I've also
learned not to ask, "How stupid can some people be?", because you *will* be
shown! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 30th 05, 05:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 15:42:38 GMT, Don & Lisa wrote:

I live in north Texas, and I work with several people from a couple of fire
areas, I won't find out until Tues. how they are doing. I saw the smoke from
one before I found out about all of them. I live in the country and we have
cracks in the ground you could fall in. Who would be stupid enough to burn
in 25 mile an hour winds even if the burn ban wasn't on????

Two examples come to find:

drunk campers, like the ones who started the colorado deer creak
canyon fire.

tobacco junkies. You think an extreme fire hazzard is going to stop a bunch
of selfish addicts? they can't even be bothered to put their trash in an
appropriate container, just like heroin junkies leaving needles on the beach.

Old December 30th 05, 06:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Don & Lisa" wrote in message
t...
I live in north Texas, and I work with several people from a couple of
fire areas, I won't find out until Tues. how they are doing. I saw the
smoke from one before I found out about all of them. I live in the country
and we have cracks in the ground you could fall in. Who would be stupid
enough to burn in 25 mile an hour winds even if the burn ban wasn't on????

Head butt to you and yours, Lisa.

Just like I've learned not to ask "How can it get any worse?", I've also
learned not to ask, "How stupid can some people be?", because you *will*
be shown! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Speaking of stupidity. They announced that people who shoot off guns on new
year's eve here in Houston will be arrested and convicted. They put a
reporter on the street to get people's reaction to this announcement. One
woman actually said, "Oh I know that bullets shot into the air can come down
and kill people, but it's a tradition in our family to shoot off a gun on
new year's eve, so we're going to do it anyway."

AARRGGHH!!!!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 30th 05, 08:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
Some of you may have heard that we're having problems with brush fires here
in Texas. The governor has likened the state to a "tinder box" because it
has been so dry for so long. They speculate that the cause of the brush
fires are people ignoring the burn ban.

Because of this aerial fireworks have been banned in Harris county (Houston
and surrounding areas), and all adjacent counties. I'm *REALLY* hoping that
people obey this ban, but just in case we're going to soak our roof down
with a hose tomorrow night. [I've never liked the simple "bang" type
firecrackers (Black Cats and Cherry Bombs), although I like to watch a
choreographed fireworks display.]

"Fireworks"???? Stop me if I'm wrong, but I thought this
was the first of January, not July! Did I lose six months
somewhere?

Old December 30th 05, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
Some of you may have heard that we're having problems with brush fires
here in Texas. The governor has likened the state to a "tinder box"
because it has been so dry for so long. They speculate that the cause of
the brush fires are people ignoring the burn ban.

Because of this aerial fireworks have been banned in Harris county
(Houston and surrounding areas), and all adjacent counties. I'm *REALLY*
hoping that people obey this ban, but just in case we're going to soak
our roof down with a hose tomorrow night. [I've never liked the simple
"bang" type firecrackers (Black Cats and Cherry Bombs), although I like
to watch a choreographed fireworks display.]

"Fireworks"???? Stop me if I'm wrong, but I thought this was the first of
January, not July! Did I lose six months somewhere?

Maybe it's just the south, but I thought they celebrated the new year all
over by firing off fireworks!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 30th 05, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Here on earth where we live, many people do fireworks for New
Years Eve.

Old December 30th 05, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Thank you, the same to you. I drive to work and watch cigaretts come flying
out the windows of cars.

Lisa.

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I forgot to add that I'm sending purrs that your home and your family stay
safe through all this!

Hugs,

CatNipped

t...

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Some of you may have heard that we're having problems with brush fires
here in Texas. The governor has likened the state to a "tinder box"
because it has been so dry for so long. They speculate that the cause
of the brush fires are people ignoring the burn ban.

Because of this aerial fireworks have been banned in Harris county
(Houston and surrounding areas), and all adjacent counties. I'm
*REALLY* hoping that people obey this ban, but just in case we're going
to soak our roof down with a hose tomorrow night. [I've never liked the
simple "bang" type firecrackers (Black Cats and Cherry Bombs), although
I like to watch a choreographed fireworks display.]

The girls are also hoping that they won't have to be disturbed by all
that whistling and banging outside their house.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Fireworks - thankfully it's all over till New Year... chas Cat health & behaviour 10 November 8th 05 07:14 PM
Little Miss watched the fireworks MissysMom Cat anecdotes 6 July 7th 05 12:52 PM
B & C and Fireworks Bev Cat anecdotes 10 November 6th 04 11:27 AM
Fireworks Mr Nangla Cat health & behaviour 4 November 4th 03 03:29 AM