HAPPY 4TH OF JULY

Old July 4th 08, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default HAPPY 4TH OF JULY

To all those who celebrate it Happy 4th of July

Watch those furballs tonight. Mine are already locked up in the back room
since Fireworks have been going off since last night

Old July 5th 08, 12:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I just looked in the hall and see that all three of mine are in the dog
cage, not dark and the fireworks are banging away already. Gonna be a long
evening. Too cool for the noisy window air conditioner so will turn up the
stereo.
g.com...

Old July 6th 08, 12:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Default 4TH OF JULY and Lyle and Frank

"Granby" wrote in
:

I just looked in the hall and see that all three of mine are in the
dog cage, not dark and the fireworks are banging away already. Gonna
be a long evening. Too cool for the noisy window air conditioner so
will turn up the stereo.
"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...
To all those who celebrate it Happy 4th of July

Watch those furballs tonight. Mine are already locked up in the back
room since Fireworks have been going off since last night

The brothers were hardly phased. They both tend to like a good
thunderstorm with Lyle (scardycat?) taking the lead sitting in the window
and watching. Last night While I was petting lyle the bombs were
bursting in air and he was a bit startled but not much more than the
footsteps from upstairs. He then retired to the window to watch the rest
of the action. Frank was a little less interested and hung out in my
bedroom and the living room sticking to his regular schedule. As for
Lyle, he has started talking to me a bit when it is not food time and he
lays on the kitchen table while I watch TV (a few feet from me) and has
laid on the floor next to my chair while I was on the computer. He even
rubs against me a bit while I fix dinner. He does come right up to me
for attention but is still nervous when I crouch or sit. I wonder if
someone sat on him once.

Old July 6th 08, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

outsider wrote:

Watch those furballs tonight. Mine are already locked up in the back
room since Fireworks have been going off since last night

The brothers were hardly phased. They both tend to like a good
thunderstorm with Lyle (scardycat?) taking the lead sitting in the window
and watching.

IME, dogs are more scared of fireworks than cats are. I've been with
friends and their dogs on the 4th, and having some poor pooch cowering
under the table and trying to merge with my legs.

Last night, a loud one would go off every so often, and Smudge would
jump a little, but then settle down. I did notice that she didn't seem
that interested in going outside, which amazed me, since I had gone out
earlier in the evening and left her inside until I got home around 11PM.
I was sure she would be ready to shoot out the door like a bullet, but
she didn't. That was a relief, because I wasn't going to let her out, not
while kids with firecrackers were roaming about. But I wasn't looking
forward to hearing her yowl at the door. Instead, she settled on my hip,
purring, while I watched a little TV before bed.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old July 6th 08, 03:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jul 5, 7:15*pm, wrote:
outsider wrote:

[...]

The crew here weren't too fazed either. Thunderstorms don't bother
them,
either. With the house closed up, and the noise from the A/C and the
TV,
they didn't seem to notice much. Except Boots & Frank, who sat in
the window watching us and wanting outside. They were plenty upset
that
everyone was outside except for them.

Sherry