It's been nice, but...

Old August 30th 05, 02:20 PM
CatNipped

Default It's been nice, but...

This group has enriched my life, but I just can't deal with the few @$$holes
determined to make me feel worse than I already do right now.

I still haven't heard anything from my mom - I don't know if she got to
safety before the storm hit or not, Sunday was her 80th birthday and I
didn't even get a chance to tell her happy birthday. Even if she is safe,
her home has been destroyed. My son-in-law's cousin is still missing along
with the foster children she was caring for.

I haven't heard from either of my brothers or their wives (I do know from
the news that their homes are under 25 feet of water), I haven't heard from
any of my nieces or nephews (again, except that their homes are under
water). My mother-in-law and sister-in-law and my daughter's home are under
water, so they'll be here with us for some months to come (thank God). We
know absolutely nothing about neighbors and friends we grew up with except
that their homes are either destroyed or are under water too.

And yes, my daughter's dogs are probably dead, and yes, it was my daughter
and son-in-law's fault - but as hard as that is for us to bear, it still
pales in light of the larger tragedies.

Departing purrs would be greatly appreciated.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old August 30th 05, 02:39 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 08:20:05 -0500, "CatNipped"
yodeled:

[...]

Lori, it's just really too much. We are purring and praying for your
family, and all those caught in the path of Katrina-- but especially
for you.

Theresa
Old August 30th 05, 02:42 PM
Kate

Sorry that you feel you have to go, especially because of the
troll-element. I hope you make it back here sometime in the future, as
you will be missed.

My heart goes out to you while you are waiting for news from your
family and friends. You and they will be in my thoughts and prayers.

{{{CatNipped}}}

Take care of yourself - hope to see you here again in the future.
Please feel free to email anytime.

Hugs & Purrs,

Kate.

Owned by Fudge, Caramel and Meg.

Old August 30th 05, 02:43 PM
badwilson

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Many purrs for all your family members who are affected. But don't
leave. If this group has enriched your life, it could provide much
needed support in this scary and tragic time. Just killfile the
offenders and they will go away.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old August 30th 05, 02:46 PM
Lesley

CatNipped wrote:
This group has enriched my life, but I just can't deal with the few @$$holes
determined to make me feel worse than I already do right now.

CatNipped

You can't go!!!! I need my doses of your anecdotes!

Seriously let us know when you have news of everyone....and don't let a
few idiots grind you down. I have placed the Furballs on overtime
mega-purring for you

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old August 30th 05, 03:00 PM
kilikini

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Don't go just because of a few morons. I'm still waiting on news of my
cousins down in NO as well; we couldn't get a hold of them prior to the
hurricane and we haven't been able to get a hold of them since. I feel for
your situation and I'm so sorry that a few rude people have made you turn
away.

I hope everything turns out well for your family.

kili

Old August 30th 05, 03:50 PM
Jo Firey

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

I'd beg you to stay but the past several days have about put me off the
group as well. Even with liberal use of kill files. I certainly don't
blame you. You sure don't need all this crap on top of everything else.

Would you check back in once in a while? There really are a lot of us who
care very much and would like to know how your family is doing. And how you
are doing. Please try to let them know they need to help take care of you
while you try to take care of them.

Jo

Old August 30th 05, 04:02 PM
Exocat

"CatNipped" wrote in message
This group has enriched my life, but I just can't deal with the few
@$$holes
determined to make me feel worse than I already do right now.

I still haven't heard anything from my mom

Purrs for your family.

Litterbox offerings to the the trolltrash.

Empathetic human compassion for you & what you've been going through.

Hope that you can return to us in the future.

Yours
Gordon, Bandit, Snowball, Claudius & Raki
+ the spirit of Pericles

Old August 30th 05, 04:16 PM
Victor M

CatNipped wrote:
This group has enriched my life, but I just can't deal with the few @$$holes
determined to make me feel worse than I already do right now.

Lori,

I know it's simplistic, but just killfile the trolls and the group is
pretty much back to normal. Full of loving, caring people who would
never do anything to hurt you.
You are depressed right now, the last thing you need to do is distance
yourself from friends.
I hope you'll reconsider and filter out the crap. There is still lots
of good stuff in this group.

Victor

Old August 30th 05, 04:22 PM
hopitus

News from Times-Picayune I just looked @ - what 'Nipped predicted *did* come
true: some big part of some waterwall down there gave 'way from pressure,
and da**ed if Lake Ponchartrain isn't flooding neighboring parishes, but
bigtime! Pics too. Local rescue authorities are overwhelmed by lack of
communication to rescue residents from their temporary lifewaving high-level
whereabouts and - I was surprised - looting is rampant all over NO and
beyond. What surprised me is that their law enforcement evidently doesn't
have as good a handle on looting as that in s.FL. Looting there is sparse
and isolated and if law not around, local furious citizens likely to gang up
on looters and do them bodily harm....
I can't understand why NO or higher authorities don't call in the military
to keep order PLUS rescue and cleanup of flooding. Military (I think)
doesn't need land-line communication means and have specific training for
disastes like this one. It ain't over yet, folks.
As for my cuzzins in LA delta area, they have no phones to speak of and
would have to get to Houma and/or Thibideaux to communicate w/anyone. I
trust in their down-home 'Cajun craftiness to have protected them when K.
turned east and the eye must've gone right over their areas.That's all I can
do for now.