OT a child hood memory Passes

Old July 5th 08, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default OT a child hood memory Passes

Sherry wrote:

I still remember what creeped me out so bad. It was something about
the
painted-on smile, then if you got close you could see the real mouth
when
it wasn't smiling at all. And the white paint around the mouth always
made
the teeth look creepily yellow.

Oh, yeah, I can see why that would creep you out. I guess I didn't
get close enough to any clowns to see that.

You were *on* the Bozo show! I remember going to our local kid-TV
show; the host wasn't a clown but a cowboy. It was a big deal for us
then.

No, I wasn't on it, my two younger sisters were.

What was the cowboy show? I remember a cowboy show in my area. One time
the guy from the show came to my public library once and I got to shake
his hand. (This was a big deal to me in my small town. ) I lived in
Massachusetts, but near Rhode Island, and the station where the show was
broadcast was in Providence, RI. It might just have been a local show.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old July 6th 08, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

wrote in message
Sherry wrote:

[...]

We just had the Wallaby and Jack show. My big memory is of one time someone
swallowed their gum and the Captain went nuts making sure their eyes weren't
bad as a result. He showed cartoons, had guests, and did some interviews
with the kids. One of my fellow students was almost famous because he got
to be on the show. I wish we had programs like that for the kids now.

Pam S.

Old July 6th 08, 02:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On 2008-07-06, tanadashoes wrote:

wrote in message
Sherry wrote:

[...]

I think the most hazardous children's show, at least from
a housewife's point of view, was "Winky Dink and You".
Winky Dink would get into trouble and the home audience would
help out by drawing bridges or ladders with crayon on a green
plastic sheet that stuck to the front of the television.
TVs in those days had flat glass windows that covered the
picture tubes. If the kids mislayed the plastic sheet they
would draw right on the glass, which meant a lot of scrubbing
to get the crayon off the screen. We didn't have a TV at the
time, so I had to go next door to see Winky Dink. This was
about 1955.

Bud
Old July 6th 08, 05:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jul 5, 5:08*pm, wrote:
Sherry wrote:

[...]

It was our local channel 4. The set was "The Circle 4 Ranch"....and
the host
was "Foreman Scotty", who was a handsome young man dressed completely
in white, including his hat. (but of course, he was a good guy). Can't
remember the
sidekicks. If it was your birthday, you got to sit on "Woody the
Birthday Horse"...a wooden plank horse. I think I got a "zoo
key"....kind of a pass to a visit at the zoo.
Foreman Scotty even wore a huge gun on a gun belt.
But my biggest thrill I think was getting to meet Roy Rogers and Dale
Evans at a local parade. I expected Trigger to be there too, and was
disappointed that he wasn't, even though I got an autographed pic of
him. Who knew Trigger could write.
Anyone younger than thirty probaby realizes how cheesy those local
childrens' shows were. I'd love to see one now, but I've found out
that recording tape was so expensive, they just taped each show on top
of the last, and there are no surviving tapes.

Sherry
Old July 6th 08, 05:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On 2008-07-06, tanadashoes wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
Sherry wrote:

[...]

Bud- Hide quoted text -

That sounds like it would have really been cool stuff to a kid. Early
interactive TV!

Sherry
Old July 6th 08, 08:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Sherry wrote:

On Jul 5, 5:08?pm, wrote:

What was the cowboy show? I remember a cowboy show in my area. One time
the guy from the show came to my public library once and I got to shake
his hand. (This was a big deal to me in my small town. )

It was our local channel 4. The set was "The Circle 4 Ranch"....and
the host
was "Foreman Scotty", who was a handsome young man dressed completely
in white, including his hat. (but of course, he was a good guy). Can't
remember the sidekicks.

Oh, god, I just remembered the name of the supposed cowboy show from my
childhood. It was the "Salty Brine" show. Maybe he rode a seahorse.
I have no idea why I remembered it as a cowboy show!

If it was your birthday, you got to sit on "Woody the
Birthday Horse"...a wooden plank horse. I think I got a "zoo
key"....kind of a pass to a visit at the zoo.

LOL! That must have been fun.