On second thought, no thanks.

Old January 23rd 14, 03:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default On second thought, no thanks.

The brood was chomping at the bit (ah, wrong species) to march through
the kitchen and into the backyard, but as usual the door was closed.
Oh, please, please can we go out? Whine, whine, meow. Ok, you want
out? I push the door, which is pretty much blocked by the snow, but
got it open enough for furry faces to take a look. Three cats sniff,
shift their little heads around, looking this way and that, and turn
tail and head back to the living room.
Old January 23rd 14, 03:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 1/23/2014 10:07 AM, dgk wrote:
The brood was chomping at the bit (ah, wrong species) to march through
the kitchen and into the backyard, but as usual the door was closed.
Oh, please, please can we go out? Whine, whine, meow. Ok, you want
out? I push the door, which is pretty much blocked by the snow, but
got it open enough for furry faces to take a look. Three cats sniff,
shift their little heads around, looking this way and that, and turn
tail and head back to the living room.

LOL What the heck is that white stuff?! Why did you do this to us?!

Jill
Old January 24th 14, 05:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 1/23/2014 10:07 AM, dgk wrote:
The brood was chomping at the bit (ah, wrong species) to march through
the kitchen and into the backyard, but as usual the door was closed.
Oh, please, please can we go out? Whine, whine, meow. Ok, you want
out? I push the door, which is pretty much blocked by the snow, but
got it open enough for furry faces to take a look. Three cats sniff,
shift their little heads around, looking this way and that, and turn
tail and head back to the living room.

LOL mine were the same when they insisted they wanted out in the
enclosure. A few steps out and not finding any grass to chew, finding
frozen mud along with snow, NO thank MAMA!

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Old January 25th 14, 12:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Cheryl wrote:

On 1/23/2014 10:07 AM, dgk wrote:
The brood was chomping at the bit (ah, wrong species) to march through
the kitchen and into the backyard, but as usual the door was closed.
Oh, please, please can we go out? Whine, whine, meow. Ok, you want
out? I push the door, which is pretty much blocked by the snow, but
got it open enough for furry faces to take a look. Three cats sniff,
shift their little heads around, looking this way and that, and turn
tail and head back to the living room.

LOL mine were the same when they insisted they wanted out in the
enclosure. A few steps out and not finding any grass to chew, finding
frozen mud along with snow, NO thank MAMA!

Never mind cats, I'd be doing the same thing.

Joyce
--
Anything that is in the world when you're born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works. Anything that's invented between when you're fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things. -- Douglas Adams

Old January 26th 14, 02:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"dgk" wrote in message
news
The brood was chomping at the bit (ah, wrong species) to march through
the kitchen and into the backyard, but as usual the door was closed.
Oh, please, please can we go out? Whine, whine, meow. Ok, you want
out? I push the door, which is pretty much blocked by the snow, but
got it open enough for furry faces to take a look. Three cats sniff,
shift their little heads around, looking this way and that, and turn
tail and head back to the living room.

Did they ever ask to go out the front door in case weather was better out
there? Boyfie did several times.
Today there was a huge crash like someones metal garage door had been
ripped off and was being dragged around the street. Thunderstorm with hail
and lots of wind.
I knew the bridge would be flooded so I went a differenrt way to get
provisions. I absolutely knew someone would risk their car through it and
so they did and there was a car stuck under there when I came home.

Us locals know that if it floods more than a certain amount, never risk your
car getting through. It looks so innocuousbut it isn't.
I wish I had a 4x4 to pull them out, I could get a whole lot of money doing
it instead of a garage.
I had to leave them paddling around in the water.
Now if that bridge floods, do not even try if it gets over the pavement
because there's a nasty dip and that's how your car gets water up the
exhaust pipe.

It's quite a way round to avoid it and some take their chance. I know
exactly how much water under the bridge is safe for my car. No way Jose
today
so now there is there is a car stuck under the bridge which means some of us
can't get down to the village unless we get the fire brigade to pull the car
out.

How much of flood under a bridge and don't try it don't people understand?
I know exactly how much water I can risk (because I live here) but I didn't
risk it today. When it's up on the pavement under the bridge it's far too
deep, maybe 18 inches or 2 feet or more. No way for Mr F.
I think the person who lives next to the bridge is paid to put the sign out
"Flood" but unlikely to have any responsibility if someone decides to drive
their car through it.

Old January 27th 14, 02:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Sun, 26 Jan 2014 02:54:07 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
news
The brood was chomping at the bit (ah, wrong species) to march through
the kitchen and into the backyard, but as usual the door was closed.
Oh, please, please can we go out? Whine, whine, meow. Ok, you want
out? I push the door, which is pretty much blocked by the snow, but
got it open enough for furry faces to take a look. Three cats sniff,
shift their little heads around, looking this way and that, and turn
tail and head back to the living room.

Did they ever ask to go out the front door in case weather was better out
there? Boyfie did several times.

Scooter sometimes because he was a neighborhood cat until I took him
in. But they know that I do let them in the backyard because I have it
fenced in so they can't wander away.