I just had to laugh

Old April 12th 09, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default I just had to laugh

My Avon lady was insulted when I told her it made the best flea stuff for
wearing while working in the garden. Now, they make SOS stuff especially
for all sorts of bugs. The regular stuff is still cheaper.
"Jofirey" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Apr 7, 11:34 pm, "jmcquown" wrote:
http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress....unny-pictures-...

My parents had new neighbors in TN back around 1975 who invited them to a
"cocktail party". Turned out they were soliciting neighbors trying to
sign
them up to sell Amway. They weren't nearly as cute as these cats are

Jill

We've got similar products in the UK - Betterware and Avon...
Difference is, they just drop the catalogues off and you just give
them an order. The Avon woman can't understand why I order so much
"Avon Skin so Soft". I don't have the heart to tell her it's the best
fly repellant I've ever found for the horses!!

Helen M

******

She probably already knows. It has quite a reputation as a mosquito
repellant.

Jo

Old April 12th 09, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Granby" wrote in message
My Avon lady was insulted when I told her it made the best flea stuff for
wearing while working in the garden. Now, they make SOS stuff especially
for all sorts of bugs. The regular stuff is still cheaper.

How weird is that? She'd be insulted by what she should have turned into a
"selling point". They've been selling SSS over the counter here in SC for
years (rather than to individuals through an Avon Rep) because of the
bug-repelling properties. They figured out pretty quick there was a larger
market for the lotion than someone leaving catalogs around hoping someone
might buy something. As my father would have said while tapping his temple
(mocking Maynard G. Krebbs), "Kidneys, man, kidneys." G

Jill

Old April 12th 09, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected][_2_]

On Apr 11, 9:26*am, "Jofirey" wrote:

She probably already knows. *It has quite a reputation as a mosquito
repellant.

As someone who reacts badly to gnat bites, they itch like mad and
really swell up who also is a gnats favourite snack of choice I am
forthwith contacting my local Avon lady for some- thanks for the tip!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old April 15th 09, 10:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Is SsS approved for use on horses? And are they really bothered
by flies?

--
MatSav

No, it's not approved for horses, but doesn't hurt them. My hoses are
actually allergic to fly bites and it triggers something called sweet
itch which is where they rub themselves raw because of itching. Not
only do they wear Avon SsS around their eyes, they have Benzyl
Benzoate Ointment mixed with Citronella Oil all over their manes and
tails and they wear Fly Rugs. They look like the caped crusaders in
the field!!

Helen M

Old April 15th 09, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

wrote in message

Is SsS approved for use on horses? And are they really bothered
by flies?

--
MatSav

No, it's not approved for horses, but doesn't hurt them. My hoses
are
actually allergic to fly bites and it triggers something called
sweet
itch which is where they rub themselves raw because of itching. Not
only do they wear Avon SsS around their eyes, they have Benzyl
Benzoate Ointment mixed with Citronella Oil all over their manes and
tails and they wear Fly Rugs. They look like the caped crusaders in
the field!!

Helen M

Our friend keeps fly masks on one of hers. Looks so weird.

Jo