RIP Grandcat

Old May 3rd 09, 07:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default RIP Grandcat

Orion had to be PTS. About a year and a half ago he was diagnosed with
vaccination-associated sarcoma cancer. He received chemo, which slowed
down the progression but unfortunately it continued to spread. The
last year he seemed largely unaffected (except for the appearance of a
large lump on his shoulder), and
continued to have a good quality of life. Unfortunately, he recently
had begun hiding, a sure sign when a cat is
not feeling well; then the tumor burst through the skin. It was time.

He was twelve years old, a tabby Maine Coon; with a personality true
to the "gentle giant" breed. He was a one-owner cat for sure, and that
owner is just heartbroken. It seems like yesterday he was a funny-
looking little
kitten that I never thought would grow into the size of his ears. I
already miss him.

Sherry
Old May 3rd 09, 07:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Sherry" wrote in message
[...]

I'm so very sorry to hear of the loss of Orion. May he rest in peace on the
other side of the RB.

Jill

Old May 3rd 09, 07:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karla

"Sherry" wrote in message
[...]

I am so sorry for your loss. Orion dwells in your heart, in that large
empty space that will one day be warm again with love and memories.
God speed Orion,
Karla

Old May 3rd 09, 07:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Sherry" wrote in message
[...]

My sympathy to all who loved him.

Joy

Old May 3rd 09, 09:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Sherry wrote:

Orion had to be PTS. About a year and a half ago he was diagnosed with
vaccination-associated sarcoma cancer. He received chemo, which slowed
down the progression but unfortunately it continued to spread. The
last year he seemed largely unaffected (except for the appearance of a
large lump on his shoulder), and
continued to have a good quality of life. Unfortunately, he recently
had begun hiding, a sure sign when a cat is
not feeling well; then the tumor burst through the skin. It was time.

He was twelve years old, a tabby Maine Coon; with a personality true
to the "gentle giant" breed. He was a one-owner cat for sure, and that
owner is just heartbroken. It seems like yesterday he was a funny-
looking little
kitten that I never thought would grow into the size of his ears. I
already miss him.

I'm so sorry, for you and for his sad human. I can just picture Orion -
he sounds like he was a great cat.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old May 3rd 09, 10:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On Sat, 2 May 2009 23:04:03 -0700 (PDT), Sherry
wrote:

[...]

hugs and purrs for those left behind
Old May 3rd 09, 11:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On May 3, 7:04*am, Sherry wrote:
[...]

I'm so sorry Sherry. We'll light a candle for his safe journey.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}

Helen M
Old May 3rd 09, 12:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Inge Grotjahn

Am 03.05.2009 schrieb Sherry:

He was twelve years old, a tabby Maine Coon; with a personality true
to the "gentle giant" breed. He was a one-owner cat for sure, and
that owner is just heartbroken. It seems like yesterday he was a
funny- looking little kitten that I never thought would grow into
the size of his ears. I already miss him.

I'm so very sorry for you loss. Orion had a happy life and will stay
in your heart forever.

[[[[[hugs]]]]] and purrs from
Inge and the catgang
--
CatManiacs World: http://www.gwsystems.com/inge
Old May 3rd 09, 02:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_2_]

Sherry wrote:
[...]

I'm so sorry about Orion....A candle has been lit to light his journey...

--Eric, Kim and the New Chigger Ranch Crew