Kittens left for dead now have a home with the man who rescued them

Old April 16th 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Kittens left for dead now have a home with the man who rescued them

On 16 Apr 2006 04:10:48 GMT, Chakolate
wrote:

"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote in

It totally mystifies me why someone would just dump a cat. How much
extra does it take to take it to a shelter? Isn't a life worth a half-
hour to take it to somewhere it will be valued?

Chak

I agree. Tiger and Tigger were approximately 4 months old when they
were dumped at the end of my driveway. However, the only so-called
shelter in this area is a kill-shelter and is in the next county. They
will not accept any animal from another county.
Purrs and Hugs,

Nan and the furkids

A wise man talks because he has something to say;
a fool talks because he has to say something.
Old April 16th 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Enfilade" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dylan certainly knows this feeling...

Mr. Brown has also become a feline motherfather

--Fil

Who's Dylan and what does this mean? (My curiosity got the better of me
on this one...)

MaryL

Dylan is Enfilade's DP. He hand raised two tiny kittens that were found in
the trash (Kumani and Tyche). They think he is their biological mother and
treat him as such, so Enfilade calls him their mom/dad.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 16th 06, 09:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Chakolate" wrote in message
44.170...
"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote in

It totally mystifies me why someone would just dump a cat. How much
extra does it take to take it to a shelter? Isn't a life worth a half-
hour to take it to somewhere it will be valued?

It isn't the time. It is shear cowardess on the part of so called humans who
cannot face another person and admit they are relinquishing a pet.

So they sneak out and dump them in the dark of night.

I truly hope what goes around comes around.

Jo

Old April 16th 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-16, Chakolate penned:

It totally mystifies me why someone would just dump a cat. How much
extra does it take to take it to a shelter? Isn't a life worth a
half- hour to take it to somewhere it will be valued?

A lot of shelters charge a fee to relinquish a pet. They may make
exemptions on an individual basis.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 17th 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Sorry, I thought most people on the group were tired of hearing how
Kumani and Tyche continue to fail to realize that there is something
strange about their "biological mother" being human and male. It was
for similar reasons too...he found them on a slab of styrofoam behind a
science lab, three weeks old.

According to Kumani and Tyche, a "MomDad/motherfather" is what you have
when your mother's a boy.

--Fil

Old April 17th 06, 04:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Enfilade wrote:
Sorry, I thought most people on the group were tired of hearing how
Kumani and Tyche continue to fail to realize that there is something
strange about their "biological mother" being human and male. It was
for similar reasons too...he found them on a slab of styrofoam behind a
science lab, three weeks old.

According to Kumani and Tyche, a "MomDad/motherfather" is what you have
when your mother's a boy.

I'm sure no-one here is tired of hearing that story. Dylan is a hero on
this group!

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old April 17th 06, 05:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in
:

On 2006-04-16, Chakolate penned:

It totally mystifies me why someone would just dump a cat. How much
extra does it take to take it to a shelter? Isn't a life worth a
half- hour to take it to somewhere it will be valued?

A lot of shelters charge a fee to relinquish a pet. They may make
exemptions on an individual basis.

But someone who just dumps (or in this case, throws) a cat could just
drop it off at a shelter instead, couldn't he? He wouldn't even have to
admit it was his.

Chak

--
In a rational society we would want our presidents to be teachers. In
our actual society, we insist they be cheerleaders.
Old April 17th 06, 05:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Jo Firey" wrote in
:

It isn't the time. It is shear cowardess on the part of so called
humans who cannot face another person and admit they are relinquishing
a pet.

Cowardly is right. Perhaps in his next life he'll come back as a cat.

Chak

Old April 17th 06, 05:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-17, Chakolate penned:
"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in
:

A lot of shelters charge a fee to relinquish a pet. They may make
exemptions on an individual basis.

But someone who just dumps (or in this case, throws) a cat could
just drop it off at a shelter instead, couldn't he? He wouldn't
even have to admit it was his.

I'm not condoning or excusing the behavior. I can't really imagine
what goes through someone's mind to just dump a pet.

You're right, though. I once found a golden retriever wandering
around my work parking lot and brought him to the shelter down the
street. Because I wasn't relinquishing him, I didn't pay anything.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully