ordering cat meds from an Internet site

Old April 4th 09, 07:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Martha[_3_]

Default ordering cat meds from an Internet site

Would anyone have experience, good or bad, with a particular site?

I need to order Cosequin for Cats, and the local vet charges a lot.

Martha
Old April 4th 09, 08:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Apr 4, 12:24*pm, Martha wrote:
Would anyone have experience, good or bad, with a particular site?

I need to order Cosequin for Cats, and the local vet charges a lot.

Martha

No experience myself but friends praise some online company owned
by some vets with a name similar to "Smith & Wesson" (that's a
firearms
company) and maybe someone knows the name of it. They tell me you
can even buy vaccines from this place, which they swear is reliable.
Old April 4th 09, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

wrote:
Foster Smith?

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/

Smith & Wesson, LOL.

I'm glad you cleared that up, otherwise some cats might have
accidentally gotten shot.

I've had good experience with an out-of-state compounding pharmacy
when I was medicating Betty for her cancer. They would call me when
my prescription needed refilling, and the last time they called me,
when I told them that I didn't need the refill anymore because Betty
had died, they mailed me a condolence card. And it was for an
inexpensive prescription.
Old April 4th 09, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Takayuki wrote:

wrote:
Foster Smith?

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/

Smith & Wesson, LOL.

I'm glad you cleared that up, otherwise some cats might have
accidentally gotten shot.

Or perhaps gotten their hands on the weapons themselves - and then
who knows what could have happened?

I've had good experience with an out-of-state compounding pharmacy
when I was medicating Betty for her cancer. They would call me when
my prescription needed refilling, and the last time they called me,
when I told them that I didn't need the refill anymore because Betty
had died, they mailed me a condolence card. And it was for an
inexpensive prescription.

Nice folks!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old April 4th 09, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Apr 4, 7:24*pm, Martha wrote:
Would anyone have experience, good or bad, with a particular site?

I need to order Cosequin for Cats, and the local vet charges a lot.

Martha

If you're UK based, I can recommend both Vetuk and Viovet. (Google
search will give you the website). I use both of them frequently for
various meds and foods and not had any problems.

Helen M
Old April 4th 09, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Hi Martha you don't have to use a pet website to order medicine. In fact I
use drugstore.com I get delivered a 4 month supply of Phantoms methimazole
for about $35

here is a link
http://www.drugstore.com/search/sear...&Ntt=Cosequin+

Old April 4th 09, 11:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baird Stafford

In article ,
Martha wrote:

Would anyone have experience, good or bad, with a particular site?

I need to order Cosequin for Cats, and the local vet charges a lot.

General advice: do NOT order meds for yourself nor your cat from an
internet site. You know nothing about either the owners (who might be
involved in other, less savory ventures) nor about what is actually *in*
the meds. Labels can be printed to say anything at all. Whether what
they claim is actually in the meds, or whether substitutions have been
made for chemicals that are less benign, are both open to question.

Dealing with local pharmacies at least gives you a line of appeal if
something isn't right.

Baird

--
As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods-
They kill us for their sport.
Old April 4th 09, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Baird Stafford wrote:

General advice: do NOT order meds for yourself nor your cat from an
internet site. You know nothing about either the owners (who might be
involved in other, less savory ventures) nor about what is actually *in*
the meds. Labels can be printed to say anything at all. Whether what
they claim is actually in the meds, or whether substitutions have been
made for chemicals that are less benign, are both open to question.

It depends on what site you're talking about. I get medications
regularly from a mail-order pharmacy, which is in partnership with
my health insurance company (and that's how I found out about them).
I find it totally convenient and I haven't had any problems with
medications being wrong.

I wouldn't just go to any old site from a Google search, but I know
that the one I use is reputable, and I'm sure many are.

--
Joyce ^..^