Purrs for Dusty please

Old November 18th 03, 01:34 AM
TJ and The Dust

Default Purrs for Dusty please

I had to take the furbag back to TED today. His eye just isn't healing up.
After 1 week of goop in the eye 3 times a day it is much better but he is still
squinty and the membranes are red. So now TED gave me a script for eye drops.
Had to fill them at my pharmacy. These need to be given FOUR times a day.
Sheesh. He is going to hate me by the time this eye heals. TED also said he
had a little "gallop" to his heartbeat that wasn't there last week. She didn't
seem too concerned about it. Talked a bit about heart disease in cats and
thyroid and kidney and liver damage.

So I went ahead and had the "Senior" cat exam and blood work up done. They took
urine too. I asked, "How the heck did you get urine?". The vet tech replied,
"With a needle." I sheepishly replied, "oh". Poor Dusty. He has started
eating some canned food, finally after 11 years he is actually trying it. He is
struggling with the dry so much. He still eats it I just don't think he can
stand crunching enough to keep his tummy full. Since I started giving wet too
he is grazing the dry as usual and wolfing down the wet. Holy bowl, who knew
there were so many different textures to this stuff. He hates anything chunky,
sliced or savory. He seems to like the minced or pâté-like stuff. The big
glop. I keep going to the store to buy more, exchange the one or two cans of
the trial texture and go from there. The cashier at Petsmart is all into
Dusty's likes and dislikes now.

I will know the results of the tests tomorrow afternoon. I am a little
scared... Dusty has just been so darn healthy and now seems to be falling apart.
Good thing is he didn't lose any more weight over the week, he was actually up a
bit. He is so bony. I miss cuddling with my plump, muscular kitty.

TJ

Old November 18th 03, 01:47 AM
GracecatOnl

Prayers fom this side TJ. Lots and lots of 'em.

Grace
Old November 18th 03, 01:50 AM

TJ and The Dust wrote:

I had to take the furbag back to TED today. His eye just isn't healing up.

Poor Dusty!! I hope it heals soon! Purrs for his eye.

He is going to hate me by the time this eye heals.

Purrs for you, too, then - LOL!

So I went ahead and had the "Senior" cat exam and blood work up done.

Scary word, isn't it? I had the Senior exam and blood workup for Smudge
several months ago. Senior??? She's still a kitten!

Good thing is he didn't lose any more weight over the week, he was
actually up a bit. He is so bony. I miss cuddling with my plump,
muscular kitty.

Bony? You mean he's not the Flabulous Dust anymore? Purrs for him to
regain his generous girth!!

Joyce
Old November 18th 03, 02:25 AM
Brenda

"TJ and The Dust" wrote in message
[...]

purrs for Dusty, and comforting hugs for you, TJ.
Brenda

Old November 18th 03, 03:52 AM
fuga =^o^=

TJ Purrs in the way for Dusty for his eye and that his blood work comes back
healthy.

fuga

Old November 18th 03, 04:25 AM
lrulan

Purrs and prayers for the Dust. Hope he's ok.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old November 18th 03, 04:45 AM
Allegra640

Prayers are being said tonight for your Dusty.
Old November 18th 03, 04:59 AM
Victor Martinez

TJ,

We have 7 cats purring up a storm for Dusty. We're hoping he'll get
better soon and will promptly regain his flabulousness.

Best regards.

Victor

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 18th 03, 05:16 AM
badwilson

I'm so sorry to hear about Dusty! I have told Dennis and Vino about the
situation and very serious purrs are being offered. Hope he's up to his old
flabulous self again in no time!
--
Britta
ROT13 to reply

Old November 18th 03, 05:19 AM
Julie Cook

TJ and The Dust wrote:

I had to take the furbag back to TED today. His eye just isn't healing up.
After 1 week of goop in the eye 3 times a day it is much better but he is still
squinty and the membranes are red. So now TED gave me a script for eye drops.
Had to fill them at my pharmacy. These need to be given FOUR times a day.
Sheesh. He is going to hate me by the time this eye heals. TED also said he
had a little "gallop" to his heartbeat that wasn't there last week. She didn't
seem too concerned about it. Talked a bit about heart disease in cats and
thyroid and kidney and liver damage.

Purrs, meatloaf meditations and healing thoughts headed out from Georgia for Dusty
and his worried Meowmy. Extra purrs for you having to give eye drops four times a
day. I was feeling sorry for myself having to give eye drops twice a day. I don't
feel so sorry for myself anymore.

Julie, Hobbes, Lacey and Selena