Why Wicca (or whatever)

Old December 2nd 05, 02:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Why Wicca (or whatever)

thanks :^) I'm sometimes a bit hesitant about expressing things like this,
as it often 'comes out wrong'...spirituality is as hard to put on paper as
love, and most of us struggle with both!!

"No More Retail" wrote in message
Well said meeee
"meee" wrote in message

I've been really interested reading all your posts, I love hearing about
all
your journeys as me and my husband are kind of figuring that stuff out
right
now. I was raised in a quite flexible Christian family, he was raised in
an
extremely strict don't-look-at-women-in-togs christian family. We are
Christian-ish but don't regularly go to church. I do believe that the
Bible
is true, but I am hesitant to accept people's interpretations of it.

some
bits are inconclusive and seemingly contradictory, but I feel that's

part
of
the whole mystery of the thing, and us trying to figure out the meaning
just
means we put our own interpretation on it and try to force others to
believe
it as truth. when I hit a bit I don't agree with in how it seems at

first,
ask God/whatever he's called. I do believe in all the Jesus stuff, and

as
Jesus is a very against the establishment personality, he and I get on
quite
well. I disagree with most christians, so i don't talk to them much,

just
smile and look young and say things about my babies, that works usually.
But
essentially I believe connection with God is the most important thing,
that
God wants, and that God is feminine as well asmasculine, (that's in the
bible too, the church just ignores those bits), and we are all under his
guidance and he's looking after us all. so that criticizing someone

else's
position is wrong, as they are on their way to their destiny which God

is
closely involved with, in His way, not my way. I am using 'he' only
because
of the stupid restrictions of the english language. I found the
masculinization of God to be a huge problem, and felt that God was god
for
men, and not interested in women, until i realized that was a lie

invented
by men. God/jesus showed many feminine characteristics, esp. jesus in

male
oriented Israel, and God spent a lot of time talking to women. So I find
God
in nature, in my children, when I'm washing up, and essentially he/she

is
loving, interesting personality who i don't really understand but am
getting
to know. And it helps to have a friend. I am steering clear of all
constructed religions ATM, as I'm not sure any are right, but they are

all
convinced they are. All I'm certain of is that a Creator/supernatural
being
exists, who is interested in us, and Jesus did come to earth, and die

and
was raised from the dead etc etc except i think a lot more possibly
happened
there than the bible records. So I guess I'm still on the finding out

bit
of
the journey, and am excited to continue to find out.

Old December 2nd 05, 02:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

As long as you believe that is the way you want to travel in life and don't
try and shove it down someone's throat. I have no problem with any ones'
religion unless it promotes harm or intentions to harm. Religion is the
topic most argued in the world.

Many years ago I met a preacher that made me believe in hope and faith. He
handed me a bible and said this is not a rule book, this is not written in
stone, this is not even complete. He said history shows that we are missing
parts of it, some has been lost in translation and some had even been
removed. But take what we have and Use it as a guide book to fill what you
believe will make you do the right wholesome thing in life. He told me
there does not have to a god for you to do the right thing every day
I believe that your family and friends guide you in your life not just a
higher power. Life might seem unbearable and no hope to be gained but all
you do is step one step back and remember what you have and take that step
forward. you might stumble but that what make life interesting . I most
just be getting old we all seem to get faithful then :-)

Matthew

Old December 2nd 05, 12:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

meee wrote:

has anyone read CS Lewis's narnia series? cos he explains pretty much waht
i believ throughout the entire book, and one bit esp. In the final book, the
last battle, they are all in the 'afterworld' type place, and there is
someone there from another culture and religion, and the children ask Aslan
why he is there, and he basically says, even when he was loving the 'other
god' he was loving me. and that sums up my previous other post. If you
haven't read those books, read them before you see the movie! Even if it is
a children's book, it's one of the most beautiful and true series I've read
yet.

I thought those books were based on the Scriptures. C.S. Lewis was
himself a very devout Christian and wrote theological novels for adults,
too. (I haven't read them.) I loved the Narnia stories, even though it
was quite clear to me from the get-go that it was based on Christian
beliefs and stories. I mean, the first book is all about the Crucifixion.
Maybe because I was Jewish, I felt pretty distant from that.

I wasn't a kid when I read them, more like 19 or 20. I'm not sure they
were widely available before that, at least in the US - or maybe they
were, but long before I was born. Then there was a revival of those and
other fantasy books around the late 60s/early 70s, and that's when I
discovered them.

I'm getting together with some friends tomorrow night, and we're going
to watch a few episodes of the Narnia stories that were made into TV
movies in the late 80s. Not sure when I'll get to see the new movie,
though.

Joyce