At the road trip embarkation point

Old April 14th 14, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Kitties[_2_]

Default At the road trip embarkation point

[In a secret space below Navy Pier in Chicago a bunch of kitties have
assembled and are looking over a collection of motor homes and
motorcycles, all of which have been tailored to kitty specifications. A
slim tuxedo kitty addresses all of the other kitties.]

Hello, everykitty! My name is Mikey Furface, and I'm the general manager
of Purrvost Motor Coaches. We prepared all of these vehicles for your
road trip, thanks to funding from the Cleopatra Silvercat Foundation.

I'd like to show you all through the features of these vehicles, so that
you can all pick where you'd like to ride. Let's start with the motor
homes. If you'll climb inside with me, you'll see that the coach has a
lot of windows, and all of the windows have either a kitty tree or a
wide shelf with soft padding in front of it. Up above the driver's area
is a little nook big enough to hold a dozen or so kitties, with it's own
windows and cushions. On both sides of the coach we have a lot of kitty
and doggy beds in multiple sizes, appropriate for anything from a single
kitty to bunches of kitties. Here near the middle of the coach is the
kitchen. We have a very large refrigerator, stocked with all sorts of
wonderful foods provided by Fluffy Kitz Catering. We also have a
microwave oven and a gas oven, and a kitchen teleporter designed to
'port fresh food from our deli kitchen.

We also have digital screens all through the area, allowing passengers
to watch TV, movies, or video cameras mounted on the front and rear of
the coach. We also have intercoms that connect all of the vehicles
together, so you can keep in touch with anybody you'd like.

Here in the back is the storage area that makes this what the humans
call a "toy hauler". But instead of just offering storage, all of the
coaches parked here have a special piece of equipment installed back
here. I don't really understand the theory behind how it works, but Miss
Amelia designed something called a "teleporter boundary field array".
Basically what it does is allow you to step into this back area from one
coach, then step into any other coach. All of the back areas in all of
the coaches essentially share one space. In fact, let me demonstrate.
I'll open the door here and step into the back area.

[Mikey raises a paw-held radio to his mouth and calls one of his
technicians.] Louie, would you please go into coach number 5 and step
into the back area? Thank you.

[While the kitties watch, they see Louie appear in the back
area beside Mikey, in spite of not seeing him walk through the doorway.]

Thank you, Louie. You can go back to what you were doing. So kitties,
you can use this as a party area shared by all the coaches, or just use
it to move between coaches whole you're driving.

Now up in the front, you'll see that we've replaced the human steering
wheel with a kitty-sized wheel. But for those of you who would like a
more efficient form of control, we also have a joy stick at the driver's
position. Push forward to accelerate, pull back to slow down, press left
to turn left, press right to turn right. It's really quite easy! And to
make the trip even easier, all of these vehicles are equipped with
autopilots. If you don't want to have to worry about driving, just turn
on the autopilot and the coach will steer itself, maintain a safe speed,
avoid traffic and hazards - basically do everything that is needed. And
for those situation where you have to drive through heavy traffic and
are worried about human drivers seeing a motor home driven by kitties,
or even that seems to have no driver, we have a special camouflage
system. Press this green button on the dash, and a mockup of a human
driver inflates at the driver position.
[Mikey presses the green button, which causes a loud hissing. A human
figure inflates quickly, offering a passable imitation of a human
driver.] When you no longer need the camo, just press the red button.
[Mikey presses the red button and the dummy deflates and retracts.]
Old April 15th 14, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Kitties[_2_]

[After Mikey Furface leads the kitties out of the RV, he leads them over
to one of the many kitty-customized motorcycles.]

For you kitties - and doggies - who prefer to travel via motorcycle, we
have prepared these very custom bikes. First, the handlebars have been
sized to fit kitty or doggy paws, and we again have a joystick mounted
near the centerline of the tank near the front, allowing control by
joystick of preferred. And like in the RV, the motorcycles have complete
autopilots so that you don't need to worry about actually maintaining
physical control of the bike unless you want to. We have also installed
special gyroscopic stabilizers that prevent the bikes from falling over.
There is a teleporter-based emergency system built in that will
automatically teleport any riders to a place of safety in the case of an
impending accident. And since these bikes are kind of tall, we also have
retractable boarding ramps built in to make it easier to climb aboard or
to climb off.

Would anyone care for a brief lesson in operating the bikes, or like to
maybe ride around this under-pier area to get comfortable with the
operation of the bikes?

Mikey

Old April 15th 14, 05:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ranger MacDude

On 4/15/14 9:24 AM, Community Kitties wrote:
[...]

Yeah, I'd like to gif one of da kittycycles a try.

[Ranger gets seated on a bright yellow motorcycle, tries out all the
controls to make sure he can reach everything, then starts the engine.
He cautiously putters away from the collected kitties and into a
deserted, well-lighted area of the secret room. Spotting a nice, long
straight stretch, he guns the gas and goes roaring down the under-pier
area. As he nears the end he sees that the far wall is curved and
banked, with the edges of the room approaching the end also banked. He
maneuvers the bike towards the banked sides, then speeds into the curve.
He meows with delight as his fur ruffles in the wind of his passage,
then as he draws close to the assembled kitties he locks up the rear
brakes and squeals to a stop.]

Oh yeah! I likes dat!

Ranger

Old April 15th 14, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ann791

On 4/15/2014 12:14 PM, Ranger MacDude wrote:
[...]

Lucy Lu gets into an RV and adjusts the seat. Placing her paw on the
joystick she starts to drive forward. Then the RV weaves back and forth.
Micky offers some advice. " Move the joystick slowly to the right or
left to change direction."

"Your not playing mouse invaders." said Samwise. After a few minutes
Lucy Lu is making turns like a pro. " Thanks for the help, Micky. This
is easy once I got the hang of it."

Lucy Lu
Old April 18th 14, 06:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Kitties[_2_]

Lucy Lu gets into an RV and adjusts the seat. Placing her paw on the
joystick she starts to drive forward. Then the RV weaves back and forth.
Micky offers some advice. " Move the joystick slowly to the right or
left to change direction."

"Your not playing mouse invaders." said Samwise. After a few minutes
Lucy Lu is making turns like a pro. " Thanks for the help, Micky. This
is easy once I got the hang of it."

Lucy Lu

Well, it looks like everykitty is getting the hang of the vehicles.
Harri, if you think everyone is ready, we can have you all ready to go e
just have to watch the video monitors showing traffic near Navy Pier; we
need to wait for a quiet period so we can open up our ramp to the
surface without giving away our secret.

Mikey
Old April 27th 14, 09:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pipps=^..^=

[...]

Pipps compliments Ranger on his bike ride, paws him a helmet and asks him if
he would like to ride with her on her Harley?

Old July 27th 15, 11:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey=^..^=[_3_]

Default I have to go to da VET tomorrow, ugin

Hai my gud furendz,
Ai hab tu goe tu da _nise Vet_ tumorrow, Jooly 28 at 2 pee em wif Paw
Dutch.
Da Vet is prolly gunna steel sum uf mai blud, chek mai fyroid levelz, n
prolly gib meh sum pilz, cuz mai urinary trak iz infectud ugin.
Ai peed on Mom's sheet on Sunday, n den ugin on Paw's side uf da bed diz
murnin.
Dem dint git mad at meh at awl. Nope.

Weh awl styl feal sad ubaowt Sapphire Samurai *siiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*
Hym iz ulmozt 22 yeerz old, n dat iz prity old fur uh cat. yeUP.
Our house is still purring laowd fur hym n hiz fambly
Lufs,
Mosey

Old August 2nd 15, 08:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pit2nya[_2_]

On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 7:24:19 AM UTC-7, Community Kitties wrote:
[...]

Duz it hav a force--field, like twu feet awll da way around it?
If so, I wud like to go zooming onnit.
Pit2nya

Old August 2nd 15, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Harri Roadcat

Duz it hav a force--field, like twu feet awll da way around it?
If so, I wud like to go zooming onnit.

Pit2nya

Dey can. Da force-field was AmeliaGrump's 'vention, an I'm sure her has
enough parts to put together some more.

Harri