Disaster strikes

Old September 25th 08, 02:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

Default Disaster strikes

Last Tuesday I ordered some herbal formulas online - one for Abelard who is
scratching and pawing at his ears again plus a cold/flu formula that I try
to always keep on hand plus one that works well for back pain, a two-month
supply. It has been a while since I've had any money to spare and I was
really looking forward to being able to help the cat and myself feel better.

This ear formula - Eryan Ling Oil - I was especially anxious to have so as
to ward off having to resort to antibiotics again. His digestion suffers
immensely, and it is so very hard to get medication into this cat. Not to
mention the cost and trauma of another vet visit. By contrast, he readily
accepts ear drops.

The box was sent Priority Mail on last Wednesday and I was hoping to see it
by Friday or Saturday, but alas, nothing came, so I was especially eager on
Monday but it wasn't in the box then either. There were two small parcels
that day along with several envelopes, but not the medicine.

The tracking number shows "Delivered Monday Sept. 22 at 10:07 AM, Ava
Missouri" but I had to wait until early this morning to speak with the
postal carrier before she leaves on her route. She remembers putting it in
the box - she said it barely fit but she jammed it in there because she
didn't want to scare the cats, who scramble like fighter jets when anyone
knocks.

The police tell me that local kids will take anything that looks like it
could be medications, thinking they can use it to "get high". Well they may
have had fun trying to smoke my poor kitty's ear drops and eating the meds I
needed so badly and had to wait and wait and wait to get until my credit
card was paid off and I could manage the $47.

)W*%&(*&)$^W*()^W#%*)__Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )(#&%*($^)%&@^%!!!!!!!!!!

This ought not to be such a huge disaster, but $47 is a small fortune to me.
I can't afford a P.O. Box either, I already went to a lot of effort and
expense buying an oversized mailbox and a post for it and an antique milk
can to mount it, rust converter to prepare the can for painting and the
paint, and then had to buy the stick-on letters and numbers for it and punch
holes to drain rainwater and collect a bunch of stones just the right size
to fill up and weight down the can that would fit into the opening while the
post was already inside.

International Nature Nutraceuticals, Inc.
Order Number: 331
Detailed Invoice:
http://www.innherb.com/shopping/acco...p?order_id=331
Date Ordered: Tuesday 16 September, 2008

Products
2 x ?????? Sciatica Form (JP-019) = $7.00
6 x ????? Kang Gu Zeng Sheng Tabl (FL-010) = $16.50
2 x ?????
(120's) YIN QIAO J (YH004) = $5.98
1 x ??? Eryan Ling Oil = $2.99
Sub-Total: $32.47
United States Postal Service (1 x 4lbs) (PRIORITY): $11.60
Total: $44.07

USPS Tracking Number: 0306 2400 0001 1752 9624

Old September 25th 08, 06:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

Excuse me it wasn't $47 it was $44.07 but I was so upset I couldn't see
straight! Then to top it off I dumped the computer over accidently when
moving my desk and thought I had killed it and didn't have time to check
right away because a friend had stopped by to help me drill a hole in the
floor (behind the desk) so I can reinstall the heater unit which had to be
moved. Then we discovered that the existing copper line is about a foot too
short and I had to run to a store for a longer one. Another huge (for me)
expense because copper has skyrocketed recently. But at least the computer
still works.

Old September 25th 08, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Pat" wrote in message
Last Tuesday I ordered some herbal formulas online - one for Abelard who
is
scratching and pawing at his ears again

Which suggests he has earmites. Whilst herbal formulas can be good for some
things, I advise you don't risk another vestibular attack for Abelard by
taking risks with his ears. Get something from the vet.
If he has another one, it might well be the end of him. They rarely survive
two except to be so disabled they need nursing forever or are so nauseous
they cannot eat for weeks and the vet says enough.
Please take notice.

Tweed

Old September 25th 08, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
"Pat" wrote in message
Last Tuesday I ordered some herbal formulas online - one for Abelard
who is
scratching and pawing at his ears again

Which suggests he has earmites. Whilst herbal formulas can be good
for some things, I advise you don't risk another vestibular attack
for Abelard by taking risks with his ears. Get something from the
vet.

I haven't been following this but while I do like herbal remedies they can
only go so far. I agree, get something from the vet. (Note: Pat has had
numerous offers of financial help for Abelard's treatment.)

Jill

Old September 25th 08, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Pat" wrote in message

This won't help in the current situation, but you might want to consider
requesting a "deliver with signature only" for future deliveries. That is
inconvenient and means you may have to leave a note for the next delivery,
but it is better than taking a chance of theft if that is a continuing
problem (as the police told you).

MaryL

Old September 25th 08, 09:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote

| "Pat" wrote

| Last Tuesday I ordered some herbal formulas online - one for Abelard who
| is
| scratching and pawing at his ears again
|
| Which suggests he has earmites. Whilst herbal formulas can be good for
some
| things, I advise you don't risk another vestibular attack for Abelard by
| taking risks with his ears. Get something from the vet.
| If he has another one, it might well be the end of him. They rarely
survive
| two except to be so disabled they need nursing forever or are so nauseous
| they cannot eat for weeks and the vet says enough.
| Please take notice.

Abelard does not have ear mites. None of my cats do.

These Chinese patent meds have undergone over 5,000 years of testing and
refinement, and they WORK. I have personally had MY LIFE SAVED using Chinese
herbs when NOTHING ELSE worked.

Antibiotics had their chance. He took two different drugs for a total of 6
weeks. It was clearly time to try something else.

"Please Take Notice."

But anyway I have reached the breaking point financially and can afford
nothing more. Without a heater in the house the cats and I will not survive
this winter. I can live in the cold, so can they, but the house plumbing
will freeze and I will have worse problems (not to mention no water, which
is an absolute necessity to life).

Old September 25th 08, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote

| "Pat" wrote

| This won't help in the current situation, but you might want to consider
| requesting a "deliver with signature only" for future deliveries. That is
| inconvenient and means you may have to leave a note for the next delivery,
| but it is better than taking a chance of theft if that is a continuing
| problem (as the police told you).

I usually watch the box and go out for the mail immediately but Monday I was
tied up and didn't get out there until it was almost dark out.

Old September 25th 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

I have an idea for catching the thief that might work. Let me know what you
think of it.

I'll put a small package in the mailbox with a fake return label from some
made-up pharmacy with a fake return address and a fake postage label from an
old package. I'll put a few old empty pill bottles filled with beans in
there so the pills will make noise when the package is shaken. This package
will be my "bait".

The pill bottles inside the package will be wrapped in paper and on that
paper will be a note to the thief, to read as follows:

"Hello! Thanks for taking this package! It was left in my mailbox as bait,
and your theft was recorded on closed-circuit, night-vision video camera.

"The package you stole from this mailbox on Monday, September 22, contained
nothing that could possibly get you 'high', it contained only Chinese herbal
formulas that were meant to help save a life and provide comfort for someone
in great pain. We now have hard evidence of your identity.

"If you wish to avoid prosecution, you have 24 hours to return the contents
of the Sept. 22 package, or an envelope containing $100 in cash, to the
mailbox where you found this note. Otherwise, wrap up your affairs in
preparation for being arrested and charged with mail pilfering under USC
Title 18, Part 1, Chapter 83, Sec. 1708, which is a federal crime and
carries a prison term of FIVE YEARS plus a hefty fine."

Although I do not own a security camera, this could put the fear into the
thief and get me compensation for the theft and the trouble caused.

Old September 25th 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

Although I do not own a security camera, this could put the fear into
the thief and get me compensation for the theft and the trouble caused.

I'd rate the probability of success as fairly low, but it couldn't really
hurt anything. And if it work it could result in getting your shipment
back.
Old September 25th 08, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Pat wrote:
[...]

IMHO they are probably too dumb to be frightened. A strong laxative
might be a better option. MLB

3 am disaster kittyscastle Cat anecdotes 2 August 7th 07 06:56 PM
Disaster! ken Cat health & behaviour 5 August 18th 05 05:46 AM
Sub-q Disaster Cheryl Cat health & behaviour 2 February 8th 05 01:09 AM
Fur Disaster (BW?) dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 20 January 30th 04 12:46 AM